Quantcast Longest Disney Camping Trip - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bristol, TN but currently in Walland, TN in our motorhome
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by busterthebronco View Post
    its my belief some folks live there!

Well, we didn't actually live there, but it sort of felt like it. We checked in on October 3rd, 2007, and checked out on December 20th.

We didn't meet any of the folks who stay there almost full-time, but some of the cast members at FW told us that some people spend the whole winter there. There's apparently a rule that you can't stay longer than 6 months without checking out; the cast members told us that the rule was in place in order to prevent WDW from becoming your residence.

Suzanne Q
    Maryville, TN
    Off site 1973 (ressies @ Ft W but locked our keys in trunk & couldn't get to our tent)
    Off site 1975, 1983, & 1987
    All Star-Dec 2004
    Ft Wilderness Cabins-May 2005
    All Star & Contemporary-Dec 2006-Jan 2007
    Ft Wilderness CG, Oct-Dec 2007
    Pop Century-Dec 2008
    Next up: Pop Century, Oct 15 - 30, 2009

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    SFTrny Guest

OK...so now I am intrigued. Just how much would you have to make in order to actually LIVE at Ft Wilderness? Assume that you have to check out every six months....with 1 week away in the local area each time.

Post Thanks / Like

We camped(small tent only)for 11 nights in early Sept.Temp never went under 90 even at night and reached 100 a couple times during our stay in the daytime.One night we were so hot we went to the comfort station and bought a block of ice which we placed on top of the dome tent.Cold air goes down right?
    It didnt work.By morning we had an ice cube left.
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Two weeks in a tent.
    So what is it like tent camping (as opposed to trailer or cabin) that long at WDW? What are you best tips? Were you eaten by bugs? Miserably HOT? Did you have to keep buying ice for the cooler? It's stinking cheap that's for sure!! I would actually consider doing it if it would get my husband to agree to do it! It's always about the bottom line right?

Post Thanks / Like

There's actually a family that stays at FW for almost 6-8 months at a time. They'll fly home for about a month or soo in the time they are staying at FW and then return. They leave their camper at FW while they fly home, also...
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SFTrny View Post
    OK...so now I am intrigued. Just how much would you have to make in order to actually LIVE at Ft Wilderness? Assume that you have to check out every six months....with 1 week away in the local area each time.
    I am thinking that my wife and I could easily earn enough working part time for WDW to pay our way during a very long stay at FtW. She swears that she would clean the comfort stations if she could stay there. I wouldn't mind driving a bus or working security. Add on all the perks of being a CM and I am betting it would be the best "retirement" in the universe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RocklandRVers View Post
    I am thinking that my wife and I could easily earn enough working part time for WDW to pay our way during a very long stay at FtW. She swears that she would clean the comfort stations if she could stay there. I wouldn't mind driving a bus or working security. Add on all the perks of being a CM and I am betting it would be the best "retirement" in the universe.
    CM Discount...CM Discount... I'm not sure how long the most you can stay somewhere though on a CM discount...
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All;

Longest camping trip? Had to be last March: we left Long Island in our fifth wheel (with our siamese cats and 11 year old son)on March 20; camped overnight in Virginia; then spent a week in Western North Carolina in the Smoky Mountains. My son told me that he would *love* a WDW trip for his 12th b'day, so I called Fort Wilderness (more as a joke: spring break had commenced in Fla.) well, we got in! We drove all night; and spent 5 days at the Fort Wilderness Campground. Then, we drove down to the Florida Keys and spent another 5 days with a 'home base' in Marathon. Then, we came back to the Orlando area and stayed at the Tropical Palms RV Resort (yes, we also went back to the WDW parks: we stayed at TP because we couldn't get back in to FW). All in all, we camped a total of twenty days, including the drive out of NY, and the drive back to NY.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: