Quantcast JQ December Planning - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    pogo Guest

Be careful what you wish for !

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Come dear, tell Fairy Godmother ALL about it...

Okay...so at work on Tuesday it was so hot that we were doubled, tripled, or ten-led into rooms in the building that had a/c. On Monday, I had been doubled up, which was okay because we were in a classroom. Tuesday, however, I was stuck in the auditorium because another class needed a classroom environment more than mine did. (Seriously...kids from that class were jumping on top of a grand piano).

There were 10, sometimes more, classes in the auditorium on Tuesday. Two were 5th grade, the rest were Pre-K, K, and 1 for the whole day. Some 2nd and 3rd grade classes were in and out throughout the day. It was nice and cool, but chaotic and uncomfortable. Crayons and pencils kept rolling down the slope, and kids were tripping over each other because they were trying to work on the floor.

My friend was tripled up in the computer lab both days. There were 40 kids grades 2-5. The projections for watching a video were broken in both the lab and the auditorium. Tuesday left me absolutely exhausted.

On Tuesday (auditorium fiasco day), when I was walking to the train from the school with a friend, there was a problem. First, it was 100 degrees. But as we were walking, this guy who was standing around (standing still) with his back to us decided to step back from his conversation right as I was behind him. Well, his backpack bumped into me and he dropped his water bottle. I said excuse me even though it wasn't my fault, but he didn't' hear me because he was still talking to his friend. I kept walking because, no big deal, right? HE bumped me and I said excuse me anyways. Well, my friend and I are two steps away and he screams at me "And you can't even say 'excuse me'?" and since he was being rude I just yelled back "I DID" and kept walking. Well, when we got a little farther (about a half block away at this point), I feel something hit my backpack and drop to my feet. It's his FROZEN water bottle! He had HURLED his water bottle at me from half a block away! I was furious but I kept walking because obviously he had anger issues, and I didn't even know which one he was. When I got hit, I had turned around to look to see, but I was too far away to tell and there were a bunch of people up there.

Anyways, I took the train to the supermarket and went into the McDonald's to get some food for dinner before I shopped. Well, the a/c was broken so I couldn't eat much. Then I went to the store and had 4 cloth bags of heavy stuff to carry home. After I ride the train, I had to carry the stuff the 2-3 blocks home to my building, only to find the elevator broken and I had to carry it up 6 flights. At least my DH had met up with me at the bottom of the stairs and got most of it to carry up. All this in 100 degrees.

At least we didn't lose power during the heat or the storm that followed, so we had our a/c running.

Yup, that was my crazy Tuesday! You asked!
    (Wednesday was better...although, it would have taken a lot for it to not be!)
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Godmother wishes you a much better end to your week, you poor dear.

Cooler tempers and cooler temperatures!
    &
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

is there a shoe event yet? Shouldn't there be one?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man...

I can't believe the coolest people on Intercot are having a meet in December.... and it's the same weekend as Mousefest.

I hope my husband appreciates how hard I am trying to NOT call my travel agent and book a room NOW.

Does anyone know hypnotism? Maybe that would work on DH...

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    I can't believe the coolest people on Intercot are having a meet in December.... and it's the same weekend as Mousefest.
    I'd like to meet them

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard fom Michelle lately? And was she coming with someone?
    Hey guys..I am here. I am so sorry for being rude and not RSVP'ing. I think we are still on with the trip. We just booked a week in October with some friends, so I am trying to let DH get over that chaos..then when he least expects it...BAM!

I imagine we will bring the kids so that is Mackenzie who will be 2 and Joshua who is 6...I promise to have a definite answer soon.
    michelle

pogo Guest

I'm so excited that I'm going to be there with this group !!!!!! They are some of the nicest people in the world !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Oh man...

I hope my husband appreciates how hard I am trying to NOT call my travel agent and book a room NOW.

Does anyone know hypnotism? Maybe that would work on DH...

Kathy
    But we'd be even cooler with you!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

But we'd be even cooler with you!
    Oh, thank you. Unfortunately I found out that I'm singing in a concert that weekend... so I'll be singing carols here in the cold northeast while you're all traipsing about WS with 'libations'. Have a great time, everyone!!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

My mom and myself will be off on Friday, but I work Saturday during the day. Hopefully soon will be crossed trained else where so it will be even more difficult to find meh. j/k
    Right now it's still just Stitch/Astro/TTA that I can work, I can work greeter rotation at Space.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Will somebody PM me with the confirmation # for CP? I don't think they're going to let me in by mentioning, "I'm with Pogo"!
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: