Quantcast What traffic violation would you like to see ticketed by police more often? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

TURN SIGNALS!!! GRRRR!!!
    Your car cost too much if it didn't come with turn signals!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

--Using a cell phone (especially texting)

--Not using turn signals (not just for turning, but also for changing lanes, entering/exiting the freeway, pulling over, etc.)

--Tailgating, especially in bad weather (like snowstorms or when there's ice on the road)

--People who don't know how to work a 4-way stop sign (or people who just don't want to wait their turn)

--People who drive way too fast and weave in and out of traffic

--People who drive too slowly

--People who honk at you to make a right on red when the way really isn't clear. Or worse, when there's a "no turn on red" sign

--People who don't know how to yield to the right of way. If you're waiting to make a left and I come from across the road to make a right, even though you were there first, the right turner has the right of way

--People who speed in parking lots, especially covered ones with poor visibility

--People who stick too far out in the road when waiting to turn, so every car has to weave around them

--People who don't look when changing lanes

--People who take up more than one spot in a tiny parking lot, or if they park close. If you're worried about being dinged and want to use two spaces, go to the furtherest one out. And not in a parking lot with only 10 spaces to being with

--People who park really badly

--Cars with stereos so loud you can hear and feel them vibrating

--People who decide to exit the highway at the very last second from the left or middle lane and barely look as they skid over

--People who go straight in a turn-only lane, or turn from a non-turning lane

--People who are waiting to make left and don't move over enough to let others pass (when there's enough room)

--People who cut you off and then go slower than you were going (and if they severely cut you off and you honk at them, they give YOU the rude hand gesture!)

--And finally, cars with TVs. No, not because I think the driver is distracted and driving badly, but because *I* get distracted trying to see what's playing! Those things are so dangerous for other drivers (or am I the only one?). Once a good movie was playing and I almost ran into the car cause I was watching. Who invented those anyway? Put them down low, like on the back of the front seats, so those of us driving behind you can't see them!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    . the aggressive drivers on the freeway weaving in & out of lanes at an excessive rate of speed make me so mad I actually have a little piece of me that almost wishes they would crash just to teach them a lesson.
    I have a BIG piece of me who wishes this sometimes. One time, I swear, it happened! This jerk was weaving all around (I saw him in my rearview) and then he was behind me, and apparently I was going too slow (around 75mph, mind you) so he cut out from behind me, over two lanes to the right, and he slammed right into the back of a semi! His windshield exploded and I had to drive through the "rain" of broken glass. Honestly, it didn't faze me at all...the guy had it coming. No one else was involved in that accident, thankfully.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

how about ticketing people going excessively slow in the fast lane?

too slow is a hazard also, let's not forget.

another vote here for the loud music. i love metal music, and love playing it loud too, but i only jam out on the highway roads, not in parking lots or in neighborhoods. just because i love the song playing doesn't mean everyone else will appreciate it!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't ticket-able, but one thing that really annoys me is people who cut across the parking lanes of a parking lot. I do it occasionally, but not very often. My own sister cut me off in a parking lot once - I was following the lanes, and she cut across them.

I'm not sure I can explain my "real driving" situation, but I'll try. Suppose you're on a 5 lane road - 2 lanes in each direction, plus a center shared left turn lane. The lane format would be:
    A B | LTL | C D,
    where LTL is the left turn lane.

If the traffic is backed up in lane C, and someone is sitting in the left turn lane waiting to turn across lanes C and D, it drives me nuts when a car in lane C waits for the LTL driver to go. The LTL driver can't see if there's anyone coming in lane D, but they pull across anyway, and hope for the best.

I also hate it when you are warned for two miles that a lane is going away due to construction, but drivers keep traveling down that lane until the last second, then expect everyone to let them in. That causes A LOT of traffic jams.

Okay, I've vented now...
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is cell phones, too. I have one for emergencies, but this lady the other day at IHOP gets on her phone as she's backing up. Call me at home if ya need to reach me.

I grew up in Florida, the older people there all drive super slow and you just either go around or drive as slow behind 'em. Now I live in Atlanta and it's basically drive fast or get cussed out, gee I miss Florida.

Can I mention those who think they can drive around Disney property and keep getting lost, they need to take the busses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdw dude View Post
    I don't get that one either. I can't count the number of times I've been nearly run off the road by someone who can't wait two seconds to yield coming into my clear lane.

I also love the people who make a left turn right in front of me without signaling while I'm going straight.

Oh if only I could write tickets!
    I just noticed you're from Marceline. You're a celeb here, you're from Walt's hometown!

Post Thanks / Like

Tailgating and stopping on the interstate entrance ramp.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Septa busses who don't pull into the bus lane while making stops. The bus lane is there so that the busses don't block a lane of traffic!!!

2) Septa busses who kindly use the bus lane, but don't look to see if the traffic lane is clear before pulling out. I guess they figure that because they're big, huge busses that they can do whatever they want and drivers will have no choice but to stop and give them the right of way.

(Can you tell I hate Septa?! LOL)

3) People who make left turns on red lights because they are too lazy to wait until the light turns green and for opposing traffic to get out of the way first!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Not using directionals (turn signals) drives me batty. I especially can't stand it when cops don't use them... you are supposed to be setting an example.

Speeding and tailgating during bad weather is another big one.

I wish that bikers would get tickets sometimes. I'm all for biking, but here in the city there was a big initiative to put bike lanes on major roads. Where there isn't a bike lane, you are supposed to stay to the right of the road. Well let me tell you, hardly anyone uses the bike lanes, and many bikers veer more towards the middle of the road than the side. The other day there were two bikers on either side of a small street while I was driving. It makes me so nervous because I'm afraid to hit them if I try to pass and they happen to weave over.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Mary Ann, I agree with you on the bikers. It really steams my cheese when they're all up in arms about "share the road!", but yet I rarely see one of them obeying traffic signals or stop signs.

But another one that gets me, too, is motorcyclists who either use the shoulder or the center line to weave through traffic jams. That's another group that's always demanding respect and begging people to look out for them, but then they don't follow the rules themselves.

Here's one ... it isn't really a law that I wish was enforced, but it's certainly traffic related ...

ENOUGH WITH THE DARN TRAFFIC LIGHTS ALREADY!!!!!

Seriously ... if governments were actually interested in saving fuel they'd cut it out with the poorly timed traffic lights every 10 feet.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

talking on a cell phone is illegal in ny. but i see everyone do it. i hate that.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ENOUGH WITH THE DARN TRAFFIC LIGHTS ALREADY!!!!!

Seriously ... if governments were actually interested in saving fuel they'd cut it out with the poorly timed traffic lights every 10 feet.
    (I'm going to reference Philly streets here but I'm sure these experiences are universal across the country). Broad Street is the worst. All the lights turn green at once and if you're lucky you catch two. When I first started driving, the lights on Lombard street used to be timed perfectly. If you caught the first one changing from red to green, you could cruise down the street at 15-20mph and hit every single green light. But they've been doing all this construction the past few years and now it's all crazy. Nothing more annoying than sitting at red light after red light.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Tailgating. If you are too close and I tap my brakes-back off. Otherwise I will downshift and then sue you when you rear end me.
    2. Not using directionals-how hard is it to flip a lever?
    3. No seat belts-especially on children! You are responsible for protecting them.
    4. Not doing the speed limit. I have yet to be able to do the speed limit on Rte 117 in Stowe/Maynard in the morning.
    5. Talking on the cell phone and not being coordinated enough to drive at the same time! It CAN be done. GET A BLUETOOTH!
    6. Not knowing how to drive in the snow or rain-STAY HOME until it's clear.
    7. When your lane ends-just cutting over whether there is someone already in that lane or not-you are NOT the only person on the road!
    8. Thinking a stop sign is just a suggestion. It's NOT! Take the 30 seconds to stop. If you are in that much of a hurry-leave earlier!
    9.Sitting behind someone and just blasting the horn for them to pull out, even if there is no break in traffic.

And this was all just in the last 2 days!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    Cruising in the left lane. Either pass, or get in the first lane. Thanks for letting me vent.
    I agree with this one. Just one point: the left lane is the first lane or Lane 1. At least in North America. Of course in England, the right lane is lane one.

I would also like to have a forward facing cannon for those who do not come to complete stops at those red octagonal thingy's. I was going to call them Stop Signs, but apparently they aren't. They are actually Slow Down and Proceed Through When The Way Is Clear - or Not - Signs.

Was that a little harsh?
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    (I'm going to reference Philly streets here but I'm sure these experiences are universal across the country). Broad Street is the worst. All the lights turn green at once and if you're lucky you catch two. Nothing more annoying than sitting at red light after red light.
    Broad Street is terrible. I feel like I am taking my life in my hands every single day! I really think most people who drive on Broad Street have no idea how to drive! I've only been in 4 accidents in my life (all of them fender benders, and all of them I've been hit from behind. Three of them were on Broad Street in the past three years!)

Worse than Broad Street is the Boulevard. I feel like I hit every gosh darn light every single time! And the worst part about the Blvd is that they have those stupid cameras at the intersections now, which make you slam on your brakes at yellow lights to avoid getting a camera ticket! (My 4th accident was when I got hit from behind at a camera intersection at Grant & the Blvd. Ugh)
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I would like to mention the red light runners. And not just the red light runners, but the red light pushers too. You know the ones I mean, the ones who enter the intersection well after the light goes yellow knowing full well it's going to turn red.

I know, some of you are thinking it's ok, and "everyone does it". Well, it's not ok, it causes accidents, and NOT everyone does it. I have actually almost been hit from behind because I stopped at a red light. I've also sat through most of a green light while the red light pushers just kept going. I guess for some reason their time (and life) was more important than mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess'Mom View Post
    This is a huge problem in Virginia. I cannot count the number of times I have seen multiple cars going through a red light. It is SOOO dangerous. One morning, I watched a school bus run the light! Before I go through the green light I hesitate. I don't want to become a hood ornament for a dump truck.
    This is a huge problem here in SC too. It is typical to see 3-4 cars go through after the light has turned red at almost every major intersection on my side of town. I had to get used to that when I first moved here. Now I pause a little before taking off a green light. There's nothing scarier than taking off a green light only to see a big 18-wheeler coming through their red light blowing their horn for you to get out of their way because they ran the light!!!!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when poeple don't use blinkers!

Also like when everyone else said about kids not being in car seats. If you are over the age of eighteen and want to get yourself killed by not wearing a seat belt fine by me, but son't do that to your kid. What really kills me is when you see the adults wearing their seatbelt, but the kids are climbing around in the backseat! What!?

Kristin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesgirl1 View Post
    I hate it when poeple don't use blinkers!

Also like when everyone else said about kids not being in car seats. If you are over the age of eighteen and want to get yourself killed by not wearing a seat belt fine by me, but son't do that to your kid. What really kills me is when you see the adults wearing their seatbelt, but the kids are climbing around in the backseat! What!?

Kristin
    That's because all the Tennis moms are putting on their makeup while talking on their cell phones and not paying attention to their kids. My kids know they better stay in their seats once they are in them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncscgirl2005 View Post
    This is a huge problem here in SC too. It is typical to see 3-4 cars go through after the light has turned red at almost every major intersection on my side of town. I had to get used to that when I first moved here. Now I pause a little before taking off a green light. There's nothing scarier than taking off a green light only to see a big 18-wheeler coming through their red light blowing their horn for you to get out of their way because they ran the light!!!!
    We have several major intersections around town now that have red light cameras. There's one in particular that I go through fairly often. Every time I pull up to the light I see people running it from every direction (crossing the line after it is fully red). Each time I think about how each one of them will be getting a $50 ticket in the mail.

If people can't even stop themselves from running red lights when most of them know about the cameras, it's hard to think they actually care about traffic lights without them.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Share This Thread On Social Media: