Quantcast "The HOT, but HAPPY!" ADR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile "The HOT, but HAPPY!" ADR

Here are the ADRs for our July 11-19 trip: (With the exception of Boma, this will be our first dining experience @ each of these restaurants. However, we have only had the breakfast buffet @ Boma in the past.)

• July 11: Wolfgang Puck's Cafe'-dinner
    • July 12: Boma-dinner
    • July 13: Cape May Cafe'-dinner
    • July 14: 50's Prime Time Cafe'-dinner
    • July 15: San Angel Inn-dinner
    • July 16: Kona Cafe'-breakfast
    • July 17: Whispering Canyon Cafe'-dinner
    • July 18: Le Cellier-dinner

Counter Service that we would like to try:

• Yak and Yeti-AK
    • Starring Rolls-DHS
    • ABC Commissary-DHS
    • Columbia Harbor House-MK

Snacks we would like to try: (I don't believe for a second that we will get around to eating all of these, but it's a list of things that we have heard or read about that we would like to try at some point.)

• A funnel cake for DS in AA @ Epcot
    • A peanut butter fluff sandwich from Everything POP! for me
    • Tie-dye cheesecake from Everything POP! for me
    • A cream cheese-stuffed pretzel in MK for DH and I
    • A homemade ice cream sandwich from MS in the MK

Miscellaneous:

We will eat at Friendly's in Kissimmee for lunch on Sunday after going to worship service. (Read my pre-trip report in the trip reports forum for more details about us dining @ Friendly's.) I would like to eat breakfast @ Main Street Bakery. I love their cherry turnovers! A Dole Whip Float, Mickey waffles, and chocolate-covered marshmallows are also must haves! DS would like to eat CS @ Kringla Bakeri og Cafe' in Norway @ Epcot. DH and I ate there in April 2007 and loved it! We have raved about it ever since, so naturally DS wants to try it! I am sure I will drink many frozen lemonades in the FL heat! I am especially excited about trying zebra domes and the soups @ Boma, Tonga Toast @ Kona Cafe', and cheese soup and the filet @ Le Cellier, all for the first time! I have read many yummy reviews on Intercot over the years about these particular items! Oh! I almost forgot! We are using the dining plan. We are firm believers in the DP! We used it on our 2007 vacation and saved tons of money by doing so!

Let me know what you think! As you can probably already tell, we like to eat! I will do my best to post reviews upon our return home! Thanks for reading!
    Visits:

Buena Vista Palace ~ Dec. 1987
    All-Star Movies ~ June 2002
    Port Orleans Riverside ~ April 2007
    POP! Century ~ July 2008

FOREVER LET US HOLD OUR BANNER HIGH!

Jill

Proud member of the Mickey Mouse Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ADRs and meal plans

Actually everything on your list looks great including TS and CS except....ABC Commissary...that is the one DW meal that was so bad that we all (four of us) threw it away. Otherwise your list looks great, we are doing the same thing this upcoming trip and eating almost all of our meals at restaurants we have never tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of what you have chosen, I can only vouch for 3 of them. The food at 50's Prime Time was good, but the atmosphere and funny waitresses are what I remember the most. We even had one in our party that was cutting up with the waitress so much that she 'pulled' him to the middle of the restaurant and made him hold a sugar packet against the wall with his nose.

We had dinner at Le Cellier one evening last Christmas and was very pleased with the food and the service, although it still doesn't quite make it in my personal top 10 at WDW.

Landing pretty high on my list, though, would be none other than the Whispering Canyon! We had so much fun here! It ended up being one of the most memorable meals we had on that particular trip. And since it was my birthday, I was forced to 'gallop' around the restaurant on a wooden horse singing happy birthday to myself. And the best surprise of all...the refillable milkshakes!! (Which, by the way, ARE included in the dining plan!) You even get to choose a different flavor for each refill!

Boma's is one that we will be doing for the first time on our next trip in Sept., so you'll have to post on here how your experience was for us. And I look forward to hearing about some of the others as well.

Hope you guys have loads of fun and be sure to take plenty of batteries for your misting fans!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

Post Thanks / Like

You have some great choices lined up. Lots of variety. DH and I got takeout from the ABC Commissary in October and ate it in the risers waiting for Fantasimic. We thought that the chicken curry was good. The chocolate dessert was one of the best CS desserts that we had all week. Honestly... the pickings are pretty slim at DHS, CS wise.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Your picks look really good! Since no one has mentioned anything about Wolfgang Puck's, I will. My family and I eat there at least once a trip, if not more. We usually get sushi because it's fantastic!! Truly some of the best sushi I've had (chef's roll of the day is great). Not to mention, when we sat at the sushi bar I could practice my Japanese with the sushi chef. Other food there is also excellent. We enjoy dining on the patio, although I'm not sure how that would be in the summer. Kona is also one of my favorite TS for breakfast- Tona Toast is tasty, as is the Calabash breakfast, though I'm not sure if they have it anymore. 50's Prime time is also a lot of fun. Just thinking about this is making me crave a Disney meal now!!

Happy dining

Katie
    "One can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

3/21 & 3/22/07- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi_7378 View Post
    Honestly... the pickings are pretty slim at DHS, CS wise.
    I agree.

Thanks so much to everyone for the comments and suggestions! I will do my best to post dining reviews when we return!
    Visits:

Buena Vista Palace ~ Dec. 1987
    All-Star Movies ~ June 2002
    Port Orleans Riverside ~ April 2007
    POP! Century ~ July 2008

FOREVER LET US HOLD OUR BANNER HIGH!

Jill

Proud member of the Mickey Mouse Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default ADR's

We have tried the following:

Wolfgang Puck's Cafe'-dinner--awesome!!

Cape May Cafe'-dinner--if you like seafood, skip this one and do Coral Reef. Last buffet at Cape May, there was sand in the clams.

Whispering Canyon Cafe'-dinner--great BBQ skillet. It is VERY NOISY--be prepared.

Le Cellier-dinner--incredible steaks!

ABC Commissary-DHS ---not impressed last few times, but somehow we still end up eating lunch there!

Columbia Harbor House-MK --I have been eating here for 33 years. It is my favorite. The fried fish and chicken strips are phenomenal.

Tie-dye cheesecake---incredible!!
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: