Quantcast 6 Flags Accident - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont' know of any 17 year old who makes the right decision every time all the time. And unfortunately this particuar teen made a bad decision that cost him his life and for that I feel sorry and compassion for his family and friends. I will send out prayers for all those involved because as humans we are superior to the animals in the wild.
    I agree. I did so many brainless, idiotic and downright dangerous things as a teen that I look back and cringe (and I was your average "good kid"). It was certainly a dumb thing for him to do, but the consequences probab;y never occurred to him. To him, the do not enter signs were probably taken as more of a "you arent allowed here" warning than a "you can be killed" one. It's very sad..

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that he was killed but...the fences are there for a reason.

They probably told him they'd retrieve the had later because THEY are not allowed to go there. My heart goes out to his family...
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    Thank God we live in the human race and we (mostly) have evolved into a compassionate, caring, FORGIVING and Understanding species .

I dont' know of any 17 year old who makes the right decision every time all the time. And unfortunately this particuar teen made a bad decision that cost him his life and for that I feel sorry and compassion for his family and friends. I will send out prayers for all those involved because as humans we are superior to the animals in the wild.
    Yeesh...superior? Not quite.

It may be sad, but the teen did a ridiculously stupid thing. A tragedy to me is someone who dies saving someone else or by a random, senseless crime.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I did some pretty dumb things myself around that age, however, none of them were comparable to what this kid did. It's a shame really, my sympathies for his family.

I saw a statement his father made, and it doesn't sound like he's blaming the park. However, apparently the state regulators report is requiring them to put up more and bigger signs. I'm sorry, but I really don't see the point. And I don't really that it would've stopped this accident from happening. From everything I read, the kid intentionally went into the area, so I don't see where a sign would've made him stop. Anybody old enough to know the dangers of automobiles, and how to be careful when crossing the street, should be able to understand the danger that a roller coaster such as this one posseses as well as comprehending the fences erected.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I still think that kids this age are just not thinkers. They do not deserve to die.
    They think they are indistructable and they can outwit, outlast and outsmart anything.
    I'm sure this kid thought he knew what he was doing. Was it a dumb decision on his part YES, did he deserve to die NO is anyone at fault NO.
    I know that I did incredibly stupid things at that age. I should be dead. I look at my DS and I think wow, I had no idea what was going on at that age. And he thinks he knows the world inside and out at 18-19 years old.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I feel sorry for his family but this kid was just plain stupid. He and his cousin took a break from the park and instead of re-entering at the gate they decided to jump the fence to get to the Batman ride more quickly! I am just glad that no one was on the ride at the time so they didn't have to witness a kid getting decapitated.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: