Quantcast Candy Cane vs. HOJO

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candy Cane vs. HOJO

Which would you choose for 2 adults with 2 and 1/2 days to spend at DL. We are not planning on spending much time in the room or pool but would like a good breakfast, comfortable beds and a ride to the theme parks in the morning. We will have a rental car and need free parking.
    I am torn between the Candy Cane and the HOJO It sounds to me like the HOJO is very family friendly which I appreciate when traveling with my kids but this time it is just dh and me!
    Any thoughts?
    1979 First time!
    Then 1988,1989,1991...
    2004 (1st time with kids!)
    2007 (1st time onsite - Pop Century!)
    2008 Disneyland (We loved it too!)
    2010 Sheraton Vistana Villages
    2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek (Epcot View!)
    Next up: May 2013 Gram, Mom and Daughter Trip!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I have been to neither, but would choose the CCI based on what I have heard about the property and the fact that the HOJO is closer to the freeway. I wonder if they get traffic noises in the rooms. CCI is also closer to the parks.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the HOJO two years ago in 2006 during Easter, and you can't hear the freeways at all!!! I would definately stay there again, because it's very quiet and the rooms are HUUUUGE!!!! We had our own balcony even, and if I remember correctly we had a micro and fridge too. We have two teen boys, at the time they were 14 and 15. We had lots of room and the pools there are good too. There are two, and even a kiddie pool area too, they've remodeled. Your doors to your rooms are within the building. Laundry on site too. It's not far from the entry to the park either. I think Candy Cane was further down? We've also stayed at the Carousel Inn and Park Place Inn and those too are great, and I'd even put Park Place above the Carousel personally. The Carousel has a pool on the roof. We've stayed at both previously, as well.
    We are staying at my sister's right now this time, so spend time with them as they have annual passes. They also have free parking so this was very convienient for us. Plus we have a dog. We also used the kennel at Disneyland which was GREAT!!!! All Air conditioned, lucky dog!!! We are in the heat, and he had the AC. LOL!

Good luck!

Vickie
    "Dead men tell no tales"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: