Quantcast Going on Disney Cruise/Disney world

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going on Disney Cruise/Disney world

When is the best time to go? I'm thinking of us going next June or July. It's needs to be during a school break. I know it will be hot. ANyone else go during this time?

Thinking of 4 days on cruise/3 in Disneyworld. We've been to DW a few times but never on a cruise.

It will be 5 children and 2 adults.
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going the full week before thanksgiving.. the kids do miss a week of school, but they are off 5 days for Thanksgiving so that is time to make everything up.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back a week ago, so I can relate to the need to go on the summer, though it is not the best time (heat, thunderstorms and crowds). If like us, that is the only time to travel, then the sooner the better (early to mid June is better than late June, which is better than July...). Just be aware that a cruise can cost 2 - 4 x's as much during this time of year as compared to Mid Jan.

A final thought. Having just done this, I highly recommend doing the parks first and then the cruise. The cruise is much more relaxing this way. One other thought; you can get the better part of two more park days by going back to the parks for one night after the cruise. We drove back and were at the resort by 10 a.m. and did not leave until late the next afternoon. If you consider doing this and were doing the land and see, I would just book the extra night on my own, take to bus to that resort and use ME the next day. For me (the designated planner and driver), it made the last day of the cruise much more enjoyable not having to think about heading home.

Anyway, that's my
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Basically, when school is out (ie summer, holidays, Spring Break), prices are higher and ships sail more crowded (but you never notice!).

We went on June 22, and it was fantastic! The weather actually wasn't too bad for us (from HOT muggy Texas!), and spending time in the water at Castaway Cay was amazing. The temperature of that water was just perfect!

We went in Jan and the weather was just a bit too cold on CC to enjoy the water. The only time this cruise we experienced bad weather was on the day we embarked. It wasn't a big deal at all, as we did activities indoors, and missed the large rain shower. We did get a little drizzle as we sailed off, but it ended quickly. The clouds helped with the heat!

As far as doing WDW and a cruise, we haven't done it, but would suggest doing WDW for the first leg of the trip. There's just something about being pampered for a few days and not having a care in the world, then going to wake up early and fight crowds after that doesn't make a good trip for me! I would much rather do WDW before the the cruise! You may have to book the legs seperately, but if you go with a TA like Magical Journeys (a sponsor of Intercot!), they will make it painless!

Summer will make it hot and with a lot more people, but if that is the only time you can do it, then I say go for it!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: