Quantcast Brett Farve ...should he come back ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brett Farve ...should he come back ?

I have been watching the NFL programmes from the UK and i wondered if any of you had a opinion on whether Farve should retire gracefully or for Green Bay to give him one last shot of glory to get in the Superbowl Final .

I personally would love to see him come back only if its with Green Bay ..If he goes with any other team i think it would be a complete waste .

From what i have seen from the NFL update programmes ,is that everyone has come out and spoken , except Farve himself ??? ..How true is this ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Favre gave an interview last night to Fox News where he said he wants to come back, he retired too early, but that he doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay anymore. He wants to play elsewhere.

I have such mixed feelings on this.

Post Thanks / Like

No!
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

He's as bad as Roger Clemens -- Just retire and stay retired! This back and forth just ruins the reputation of a great player!

Why would he be coming back? He certainly doesn't need the money. His stats over the past few years have been slipping. He is a Hall of Fame quarterback who is becoming a laughing stock because of his failure to be realistic.

He told Green Bay that he was retiring -- they own his contract for the next season and I hope they don't buckle and release him.

Post Thanks / Like

Being a Packer fan and living 20 minutes from GB this is all we've have on the local news and radio the past two weeks. The surprising thing is that the almost everyone I've spoken to in GB country is thinking it's time for the Packers to move on.

Over the past few years Favre has held our team hostage (I'm a a shareholder so I can say that) as he debated his future during the post season. This past season ended in late January with the loss to the Giants. Favre then took six weeks to decide if he was coming back or not. The Packers needed to know ASAP in order to decide a draft strategy and/or decide if there were any free agent QB's to look at as a possibility. I think giving Favre six weeks was fair. Yesterday in an interview he said he was rushed by the Packers. Rushed? They waited through much of the initial free agency period and may have missed top free agents waiting. As an organization Favre's flip flopping is hurting them. There is more to the team than just one player.

Plus, when he retired the Packers used two draft picks on QB's and also looked at free agents including Daunte Culpepper. The team over the past few months has revamped it's offense and roster because Favre retired. Favre forced the team to move on by retiring.

Had he not announced his retirement I would have loved to see him back but this is a team game and not an individual sport. The Packers need to do what is best for the team right now and when Favre announced his retirement they moved in a different direction.

Favre is an awesome QB and will be missed but as a team it was time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post

His stats over the past few years have been slipping. He is a Hall of Fame quarterback who is becoming a laughing stock because of his failure to be realistic.
    I agree with everything except the slipping. Last season Favre had great stats and was 2nd in MVP voting behind Brady. A glimpse of his stats:

Completion Percentage: 66.5
    Yards Passed for: 4,155
    Touchdowns: 28
    Interceptions: 15
    QB Rating: 95.7
    Sacks: 15

All of these numbers are in the top 5 stats for QB's.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    Being a Packer fan and living 20 minutes from GB this is all we've have on the local news and radio the past two weeks. The surprising thing is that the almost everyone I've spoken to in GB country is thinking it's time for the Packers to move on.

Over the past few years Favre has held our team hostage (I'm a a shareholder so I can say that) as he debated his future during the post season. This past season ended in late January with the loss to the Giants. Favre then took six weeks to decide if he was coming back or not. The Packers needed to know ASAP in order to decide a draft strategy and/or decide if there were any free agent QB's to look at as a possibility. I think giving Favre six weeks was fair. Yesterday in an interview he said he was rushed by the Packers. Rushed? They waited through much of the initial free agency period and may have missed top free agents waiting. As an organization Favre's flip flopping is hurting them. There is more to the team than just one player.

Plus, when he retired the Packers used two draft picks on QB's and also looked at free agents including Daunte Culpepper. The team over the past few months has revamped it's offense and roster because Favre retired. Favre forced the team to move on by retiring.

Had he not announced his retirement I would have loved to see him back but this is a team game and not an individual sport. The Packers need to do what is best for the team right now and when Favre announced his retirement they moved in a different direction.

Favre is an awesome QB and will be missed but as a team it was time to move on.

I agree with everything except the slipping. Last season Favre had great stats and was 2nd in MVP voting behind Brady. A glimpse of his stats:

Completion Percentage: 66.5
    Yards Passed for: 4,155
    Touchdowns: 28
    Interceptions: 15
    QB Rating: 95.7
    Sacks: 15

All of these numbers are in the top 5 stats for QB's.
    Jeff
    Thankyou for that a brilliant insight... As a person who watches the game from afar ( dont know as much as you guys however ) i suppose its romantic to come and see him come back and walk off in the sunset like John Elway did .I was gutted when GB lost in the playoffs last year i really did want him to go out of the game in that fashion . But in many ways your right sense has to prevail and the team must move on

Post Thanks / Like

No. It has been not been fun to watch him at times the past couple of years. If he had wanted to do this, he should have said so before the draft. If the Packers had know he was going to do this, I do not think they would have drafted QB's like they did.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

No way. You can't cry at your retirement press conference and beg to come back a few months later. It's time for the Packers to move forward.

Post Thanks / Like

He is retired and should stay that way! And as for releasing him from his contract so he can go elsewhere, how do we know that this wasn't his plan all along and his "retirement" wasn't just a ploy to get him out of his Packer contract? I say he is retired and he should stay that way and Green Bay should hold on to his contract!

Post Thanks / Like

I look at it this way if he wants to play and another team wants him then fine they can make an offer and GB will get a fair value for him. It's obvious that he wants to stay in GB he will be a backup and if that's the case he should stay retired.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

i'm probably in the minority here but i am ok with him coming back. I even think i know where he makes the most sense. I think the packers forced him to retire and i can see their stand point of wanted to get something out of rogers before his contract is up. I think brett should come back and I think miami should make a play for him.
    in fact jason taylor for favre makes sense. Taylor wants and should be in a 43 defense(and we all know miami under parcells and sporano is going to the 34) and he would be nasty across from kampman. having favre gives you a legend for a year or 2 that beck and henne can learn from. its win win for both teams and makes both teams that much better. miami may actually be able to compete in the east and green bays defense gets even nastier on the pass rush and thus helps them "keep up with the jones'"(or vikings as the case may be) when it comes to pass rush. green bay already inquired about taylor so they are interested
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

The way I look at it, the Packers paid him a lot of money. They gave Farve the upmost respect to make a decision. He made a decision and wants to change his mind. I say, let him come back and sit his butt on the bench. Go with Rogers and get on with it. I am growing sick and tired of pro athletes whining and wanting more money. To me this is a contract issue. The Packers own his contract and if he wants to play in the NFL it is with Green Bay or no one. This is as bad as these NBA athletes asking for trades and threatening to not play if they don't get it.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Brett,

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Signed,

A Packer fan.
    '94 & '97 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a Packers fan, but I think if I were I would feel betrayed by his wishy-washy handling of the situation. For me, it would sully his reputation to some degree.

As a Lions fan, I didn't like the way Barry Sanders left any better. He was a great player, but frankly I'll never look at him the same. The sports radio version of the Barry story was that he got to the entrance ramp to get on the highway to go to training camp, stopped for a few minutes, then turned around and went back home. Even if that's not true, I just don't think he handled it very well.

Any player has the right to decide his/her fate and future. However, in the business world, you can't quit a job, be gone for a few weeks or months, then "take it back". IMO, it's time for the Packers to move on.

Now, if they want to trade him to the Lions...
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the NFL Total Access last night and Farve is now acting like a spoilt child with sending in his fax so late in the day .Surely after being with a team so long he must know what their going through before the start of the season .
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm sure I'll take a lot of flak for this, but I've never liked Brett Favre. I've always thought he was a pretty big jerk. He had drug issues, he acted like a spoiled child when the Packers drafted Aaron Rogers, every year with the "will he or won't he retire" drama, dragging it out.

And now he has this big, emotional retirement ceremony where he cries and weeps and all that baloney. And now he wants to come back???

First off, he's overrated anyway. Yeah, he's put up big numbers, but he's also never missed any games due to injury so that's inflated things. Plus he has a horrible penchant for lobbing up bad passes at critical game moments ... passes that normally turn into interceptions.

And it's a well-known fact that he does it because he hates getting sacked. What kind of garbage is that??? He's so protective of his own "iron man" streak that he'd rather throw an interception (and hurt the team) that risk getting hurt?? Doesn't sound like a "warrior" to me?!

I've always thought he was very selfish and, the truth is, the guy won one Super Bowl like a decade ago (mostly on the backs of his defense, I might add) and hasn't done bubkes since.

I don't care if he comes back or not, but I don't get why anyone would want him??
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brett Favre got re-instated this morning and will be flying out to Green Bay tonight...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think the guy is crazy. Just watching his interviews and constantly being up and down, he is worse than a teenaged girl. Just doesn't know what he wants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm sure I'll take a lot of flak for this, but I've never liked Brett Favre. I've always thought he was a pretty big jerk. He had drug issues, he acted like a spoiled child when the Packers drafted Aaron Rogers, every year with the "will he or won't he retire" drama, dragging it out.

And now he has this big, emotional retirement ceremony where he cries and weeps and all that baloney. And now he wants to come back???

First off, he's overrated anyway. Yeah, he's put up big numbers, but he's also never missed any games due to injury so that's inflated things. Plus he has a horrible penchant for lobbing up bad passes at critical game moments ... passes that normally turn into interceptions.

And it's a well-known fact that he does it because he hates getting sacked. What kind of garbage is that??? He's so protective of his own "iron man" streak that he'd rather throw an interception (and hurt the team) that risk getting hurt?? Doesn't sound like a "warrior" to me?!

I've always thought he was very selfish and, the truth is, the guy won one Super Bowl like a decade ago (mostly on the backs of his defense, I might add) and hasn't done bubkes since.

I don't care if he comes back or not, but I don't get why anyone would want him??
    That is a harsh statement.

Brett is a great quarterback and definitely one of the best to play the game regardless of how this situation plays out. Throughout the years he made passes that only he could make. He won three MVP's and is the only player to ever do so. There were many years his team was weak yet he and he alone made them better, in his 16 seasons the Packers have had only one loosing season, very impressive. Another exapmle of how great of a QB he is, how many of his WR's have left the team for bigger contracts turning out to be nobody's once there? Examples would be Antonio Freeman, Corey Bradford and Bill Schroeder. None of them did anything once they weren't receiving balls from Favre.

As for the only reason the Pack won the SB was due to their defense. That season they had the number one rated offense as well as defense. To say they won because of the defense is not merited. Shoot, almost all of the teams that won the SB with HOF QB's still had a great D.

He did have a drug issue but he stepped forward, owned up to it and got help for it. I wouldn't blast him for that.

I am a Packer fan and I may be blinded but many of my Friends who are Bear, Viking and Cowboy fans still agree that Favre is a great QB.

As great as I beleive he is I have tired of his antices over the past couple years. Each year there is drama of should I come back or not. He holds a team of 52 players hostage for several months every year. Then this year he retires and then wants to come back and when the team doesn't have him in their plans he acted like a spoiled brat going as far as blasting his teams managment. I am a huge Favre fan but I don't want him back any longer.

I'll be at Lambeau with my kids in about two hours for the scrimmage and I can't wait to see how Rogers looks.
    '94 & '97 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say he's a very good QB ... I won't go to great.

And I never said he wasn't good. I just said I think he's very overrated and I stand by that statement.

He has all the things you say he has, but he also has very poor judgement. Look at that "4th and 26" playoff game against the Eagles ... the Packers lost that game solely because Favre threw up just a ludicrous ball at the end of the game that was picked off. The Eagles were done in that game until Favre single-handedly blew it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: