Quote Originally Posted by aurorafan View Post
If you haven't been to Fantasmic in 4 years how can you make any assumptions about what people who have been more recently have or haven't seen? From what I've read attendance has been rising steadily for at least that long (after a dropping off after 9/11), so it stands to reason that Fantasmic crowds would increase as well. We went the first Sunday in June this year and it was standing room only (it was also the first Star Wars weekend so I'm sure that played into it). We also went on a weekday (Mon. or Tues., can't remember which) in Feb. and again it was standing room only.

I agree with a lot of your points, I'm just not sure how you can be so sure of your assumptions if you haven't been to a show in 4 years?
Last time I was at WDW was during the crowded summer. Nearly every time I've been to WDW has been the crowded summer. Not like Christmas or other major holidays, but still, by no means were the crowds "thin". So even if crowds are rising, I can't see how there would be more people at WDW during the "slow" season of 2008/2009 than there would be during the summer season of 2004.

Unless Fantasmic is more popular today than it ever has been, I don't see how Fantasmic would be "full" every night during the slow season. It doesn't make any logical sense. I'd be perfectly happy to admit I'm wrong if someone would be so kind as to post a photo of Fantasmic from say, mid-week during mid-September of a 100% capacity Fantasmic.

I'm not suggesting Fantasmic is not popular or that it's runing half full. But there seemed to be some people implying that it's hard to even catch the show or that people are getting turned away from "off season" performances.