Quantcast CSR change of opinion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default CSR change of opinion

When I was planning my 2005 trip to CSR it was getting terrible reviews here on Intercot. I used AAA for that trip(big mistake) and the TA didn't think that this was the best resort for us(she was clueless and fired). I started to doubt my decision and seriously thought of changing resorts. Boy am I glad I didn't. We loved it. Last year we stayed at POR so I didn't read much about CSR. Now we are returning to CSR and the opionions are much more positive. Why the change of heart or am I imagining things?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in 2004 and didn't have any problems at all. We were planning to use the pool, but it turned really windy and cool and chose not to. It's kinda large and spread out, but the walking is great. Lots of trails/sidewalks if you like to walk or run early in the morning. There were also plenty of bus stops also. We were close to one, but I don't remember the building. Would I go back, sure I would, but not any time soon. I plan to make a few rounds at some of the other resorts before and now with DVC, it will more than likely be as a last minute vacation it & when I do.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed the change in opinions even over the past couple of years and can tell you, since I first stayed there about ten years ago, it hasn't really changd much! I'm not sure why people have changed their mind. Perhaps there were just a couple of people that had bad experiences that were very vocal for awhile. I'm not sure, but we absolutely LOVE this resort and think it's often overlooked for some reason.
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2007 Pop Century
    May 4-11, 2008 Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to stay at CSR in 2006 but unfortunately it was booked so we ended up at CBR. And all we kept hearing that year was that it was just as well ; we'd probably be happier with CBR.

Last year we decided to go ahed and go with our firt choice of CSR. And we couldn't have been happier. It was a beautiful resort. We really enjoyed the theming. The food court was so much better than the one at CBR. Not only for the variety of options but the also for the food quality.

It may be a bit more spread out than POFQ and POR but it isn't that much bigger than CBR. And the walk through the grounds is stunning, especially at night.

I am still surprised when I hear negative comments about CSR becuase we wouldn't think twice about going back.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I think because more people are trying it out when the other moderates are pretty booked and they are seeing what a beautiful resort it is and the service is pretty darn good. People always try to go back to the resort they are familiar with but when you can't get in you try what is left just to get there, only to find out that the new resort turns out to be one of your favorites.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at Coronado several times now. It is currently my favorite moderate resort.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed at the Coronado last fall and loved it. The walking was a bit much but we could normally catch a golf cart so it saved our feet. Our room was not far from a bus stop so no issues there either. I was disappointed that the game room was closed, the kids drove me nuts about it since the game room off the pool area is not good. They do a ceremony each day when they turn on the water fall at the pool. My kids were able to turn it on one day and were thrilled. The Maya Grill is incredible but I did not enjoy the Pepper Market unless we sat at the bar where they make cappuccino. I found staff at the Pepper Grill less than stellar.

lilolvr Guest

I love CSR! It's my favorite mod. The pool, the buses, the atmosphere, the CM's, it's all good!

In the past, I think many judged CSR before actually visiting it. There have been a lot of converts.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: