Quantcast Ariel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ariel

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Ariel

What really upsets me is my favorite Disney character (princess) is Ariel, and she's one of those characters that are never in the parks. The last time I took a picture with her was when she was in Ariel's Grotto (I think). I see Ariel in the parades all the time, but that's different. Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe about another character?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way about Queen Amidala. I have never been able to get a pic with her. In fact, I never knew she appears in front of the Star Wars ride (near the store) until I saw her one day...and of course, she was leaving. I will cross my fingers next time I go.
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - All Star Sports & Coronado Springs
    2003 - Old Key West
    2004 - Pop Century
    2005 & 2007 - All Star Movies
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - DCL - Disney Wonder & Caribbean Beach Resort - Pirate Room

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

About Ariel, no. She's in MK everyday at the Grotto and at Norway for the meals.

I'd like to see a lot of other characters that can't be found at any of the parks though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    What really upsets me is my favorite Disney character (princess) is Ariel, and she's one of those characters that are never in the parks. The last time I took a picture with her was when she was in Ariel's Grotto (I think). I see Ariel in the parades all the time, but that's different. Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe about another character?
    Really? Seriously? She's there every day. Try having Huey, Dewey, and Louie as your favorite characters. Nowhere to be found.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Amidala comes out every year during SWW. You can find her there.

I won't be complete until I get Sora...

Post Thanks / Like

There are soooo many characters that are impossible to find, and mostly b/c they don't exist in the parks outside of parades or shows. Honestly, I think this is the one and only change I would ever want WDW to make. I would love to see more of the villains, especially.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Young@Heart View Post
    There are soooo many characters that are impossible to find, and mostly b/c they don't exist in the parks outside of parades or shows. Honestly, I think this is the one and only change I would ever want WDW to make. I would love to see more of the villains, especially.
    Amen sister

Post Thanks / Like

I do hear that Amidala can be seen more on SWW, but when I went last year in May, it still wasn't SWW and I only saw her as she was leaving. I always wanted to go SWW, but now it's in June and the crowds are worse.
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - All Star Sports & Coronado Springs
    2003 - Old Key West
    2004 - Pop Century
    2005 & 2007 - All Star Movies
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - DCL - Disney Wonder & Caribbean Beach Resort - Pirate Room

Quote Originally Posted by BoricuaBell View Post
    I do hear that Amidala can be seen more on SWW, but when I went last year in May, it still wasn't SWW and I only saw her as she was leaving. I always wanted to go SWW, but now it's in June and the crowds are worse.
    Last year I think SWW started around mid-late May. However, it could have been her first time like the Teardrop.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Dumbo. I have a picture of him from when I was little, but I would love to meet him now.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any place you can find Ariel in her dress other than Norway at breakfast? DH and I will be there in Sept and I was hoping to get a pic of her in her dress, but we're not eating in Norway. We have seen her in her "fins" at MK already.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

The only other way of getting her in her dress is if they close the Grotto for refurb. Then they will give her legs and put her in Toontown.

The Grotto isn't scheduled for another refurb any time soon, so you probably won't be able to get her in legs.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer! I really had hoped to see her in her dress! Oh well...maybe I can convince DH to eat at Akershus?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trudisneygal View Post
    Bummer! I really had hoped to see her in her dress! Oh well...maybe I can convince DH to eat at Akershus?
    If it helps Akershus is one of my favorite places to eat and I am a big eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by trudisneygal View Post
    Is there any place you can find Ariel in her dress other than Norway at breakfast? DH and I will be there in Sept and I was hoping to get a pic of her in her dress, but we're not eating in Norway. We have seen her in her "fins" at MK already.

You can also see Ariel in a dress, for the Princess and Pirates parade. However that parade only shows certain times of the year. I think Ariel is in the car parade in Hollywood Studios. All I can tell you is you can find her in a dress for any of the parades she's in.

They no longer have the DSMC parade at Studios. It's now Block Party Bash.

I think they were looking for a meet with her. Which, if that was the case, she only appears in Norway and if they are refurbing the Grotto, Toontown.

Other than that, she has a purple and blue dress for the DDCT parade and a blue dress for the PPP parade (the same one she wears at Norway).

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I have never had a problem meeting Ariel, but one of my favorite characters is the Malificent and I have even been to a few Halloween parties and I have never been able to meet her!
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvpooh View Post
    Sorry I have never had a problem meeting Ariel, but one of my favorite characters is the Malificent and I have even been to a few Halloween parties and I have never been able to meet her!
    Maleficent comes out in front of the castle in between shows. But it is pictures only.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ursula

I think during MNSSHP they should turn Ariel's grotto into Ursula lair. All they need is the Ursula costume from the parade, granted that only covers the torso, but all they need is more inflatable tentacles. or even better replace the MK parade and keep the costume in storage till MNSSHP. then they just need a simple easy makeover that can be taken down easily and there set!

Or do something like the Broadway version.

I LOVE HER!!!

She is awesome in the musical. Man, I wanna make that costume.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: