Quantcast Dog items...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Dog items...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Dog items...

My DH and I will be in the World in 33 days!!! We've been planning on buying our dog some souvenirs but I'm not really sure where to find something for him (After going to every dog store in the greater Dallas area over the 4th of July and not being able to find him a Red, White and Blue bandanna, I'm kind of afraid I won't be able to find things very easily in Disney either).

He's not a big dog, but he has some pit bull in him, so he's big in the chest. I was kind of hoping to get him a collar and a Mickey shirt. I'm sure they have stuff everywhere, but from what I remember seeing, it may have just been for smaller dogs. Most people don't put clothes on a dog the size of ours, but he loves wearing clothes so I was hoping maybe there would be a whole dog store, or section in one of the bigger shops that would carry stuff for larger dogs.

We'll be at all 4 parks the week we're there and we'll be heading to DTD at some point as well, so any information would be much appreciated!! TIA!!!
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The last time we were down (December 2006), we got our dogs (a Chihuahua mix and a black lab) cute bandanas and a few toys. I'm pretty sure I remember there being clothes in bigger sizes, but DH put his foot down! Although we had seen them several places throughout the World, we bought it all at DTD on our last day.
    Good luck and have fun!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there May of 07 and I remember seeing dog items at a DTD store- sorry I can't think of the name and they had lots of dog items. Friends that had gone with us bought their pitbull a shirt, collar and I believe a leash. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog souvenirs

I remember looking for our pooch.
    In one of the main gift shoppes at Animal Kingdom, they had a small shelf of collars, leashes, bowls, and a few toys. They were expensive. I remember seeing that same stuff in other gift shoppes as well. I don't recall seeing any dog shirts, but perhaps since you have a larger dog, you could buy a kid's size shirt or tank?
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back a week ago and they are selling Mickey ears too!! SO cute! They have strings you tie under their chins.. hehe I saw them in the shop at DTD and also at Mouse Gears in Epcot.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Thank y'all so much! I was guessing that DTD would have the most, but was just making sure that there wasn't some place in the parks that would have a great selection that I would miss. We don't normally stop to shop unless we're actually looking for something specific, so I didn't want to have to spend most of my time trying to find something for him.

Thanks again!
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't there a store for dog souveniers, I'm thinking MK or DHS is where I saw one

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

There's a Winnie the Pooh-themed shop in DTD (I think it's called "Pooh's Corner," but I'm not 100% positive on that) that has a pretty decent selection of pet items. Most of the shops in the parks and the resorts also have a small selection of pet items. I know for sure that you can find collars for bigger dogs - I have a Shih Tzu and wanted to get him a Disney collar, but they were all too big for him! When we were there in June, a lot of shops had bigger red collars with Mickey heads on it. So cute! Hope this helps, and have a great trip!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a store in DTD called Tails that is all dog stuff. I think it is connected to the Everything under $10 store.

Post Thanks / Like

In the MK- there is a store right next to City Hall in Town Square- it's in the firehouse. They have a decent selection as well.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: