Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 25

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Yes, I'm quite excited. Of course I'll breathe easier when we get our park passes. We only have one day each (we had to get that to get ther free dining. If we can't afford more than we'll just have a lot of hotel time.... At least we have the pass for the day of our meet!!!! That is one of the most exciting things about the trip. BTW if we have the passes then we're going to go to EMH on the 14th and try to meet up with Mrs. Gaibaldi. She and her DH are wonderful, we've met previously. Maybe if you and Mike are around you two could meet up with us also.
    Traci, I'm going to PM you with some questions about our trip. Check your messages sweetie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    What are crypto spores?
    Cryptosporidium which is fecal bacteria Nice that people that can't care for themselve "properly" are swimming in a city pool, eh? YUCK!!!!

Well I was watching something on ebay and I missed the end of the auction...poop!! I wanted to win this thingy. Oh well, I'm sure another one will pop up!

Off to clean up the house a little bit, talk to you all later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OH OH, I forgot the best part!

We're renting a car for our trip in a couple weeks and I wasn't able to get a very good deal this year because of the economy/gas prices, whatever. So I was just messing around on the computer this afternoon checking our flight prices, etc. and I went on Dollar's site and got us a rental car for the whole week for $85.00!! WOO HOO, I just saved us over $100 for the week!! Pretty cool huh? More Mickey merchandise for me!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I just hope I'm cleared to travel -- so far, they say I am, since I've had symptoms for this long and am probably past the contagious stage. The worst part is that it can apparently take 2 weeks for the virus to run it's course and there's nothing you can do excpet take pain meds - and even as I sit here typing, my neck and upper body just ache. Yuck.
    That is exactly what I was thinking when I was reading everything. I sure hope that they can go on vacation More dust coming to you Blythe.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrl377 View Post
    I've got two job prospects that I'm waiting to hear back on. Should hear back by this Friday. One is at a Pharmecutical (*sp) company down the street from my house. Isn't that convenient!!
    Yeah, keeping my fingers crossed that this works out for you. You deserve it!

Okay, only 2 days 14 hours and 53 minutes until I'm so ready it's unreal. I need out of here so bad right now. Need to find a question before I go, so anyone want a Mickey bar ?

Be good everyone and I'll catch you when I return.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    You mean you didn't think our house was classy without the brickwork ???
    Well Patti wasn't in the picture, was she?
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Okay, I wrote 'The End' tonight, but of course it's not really finished. Lots of read-overs and rewrites before the editor sees it. Feels nice to be able to write those words though.
    Congrats on "The End"!! How long does it usually take to do all your read-overs and rewrites?
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Zoop!
    I hope this brand new day finds all of you in good health, happiness and good humor.....
    I won't be on much for the next few days at least... My ex decided that a new airboat motor is more important than child support and we're still struggling with catch-up from Dr bills and trying to buy tickets for theme parks that we can't afford etc.
    I actually had to pawn (get a loan on) my laptop to get diapers yesterday so I'm borrowing a laptop from a friend for five minutes.
    I think the airboat motor should be pawned...
    But it has a Margarita maker..... doesn't that count ???
    Isn't that you?
    Remember that head/neck ache I've had for the past 5-6 days? Well, apparently, that can be some of the symptoms of mumps, and when I showed up for work last night and everyone had masks on and I heard what was going on, I told my charge nurse how I'd been feeling and I was shipped off to the ER directly. No news yet on any results -- I guess the bloodwork doesn't come back for 2 days -- but the dr did do a CT scan just to be sure it wasn't anything else, and it was fine. So - at this point, I'm actually hoping the bloodwork comes back positive -- at least that would explain how I've been feeling, b/c it's been really frustrating, not having any good reason for the aches and pains!!
    Well regardless of whether its mumps or not, here's some that you start feeling better, and enjoy your vacation!
    You're not going to believe this--

I had Rotary today in the usual place, a restaurant that's now called 'Surfer's'. So I'm standing there talking with people while we wait for the meeting to start and suddenly I see a new addition to the room, kind of pushed against a wall. It's a little bar with hula grass across the front and bamboo sticks supporting a 'roof' and sign, etc. So what does the sign say, you ask?

TIKI BAR!!
    That is too funny!

So I had my entire post almost done, and POOF, the power went out! So this was my "revised" version! Hope I didn't miss anything! Its been a very soggy day - more like a fall day really. I don't really mind it, as long as summer will still reappear! I'm not quite ready for the season to change for good yet!

Post Thanks / Like

TIKI BAR!!

The mystery has been solved. (No, I did not look behind the bar for any stray men's underwear.) Wish I'd had a camera--I almost burst out laughing when I saw it.
    That's awesome!

Funny, that's my ringtone when Dan calls me, too... we dressed up as Capt. Jack & Eliz. Swann (in her pirate gear) for MNSSHP last year, and we had the same thing happen, little kids wanting their pic w/ "Jack". It was so cool!! (And even funnier -- we were at the I'cot meet in front of IASW and the Wicked Stepmother and stepsisters (Disney CM's) stopped Dan and were flirting with him, the stepmother trying to get him to go off w/ one of her "daughters" and they kept making faces at me and trying to keep him from staying with me... it was too funny! We, too, neglected to get pics of that... I sure wish we had! He got quite a kick out of it... )
    I remember that! The stepmother and stepsisters were fantastic. What a great job to have!

Blythe, hope your tests come back soon and that you're feeling better! The girls haircuts are sooo cute! My girls have the same color hair --- Julie is brown and Katie is white blond. We must get the girls together sometime, I bet they would have a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Okay, only 2 days 14 hours and 53 minutes until I'm so ready it's unreal. I need out of here so bad right now. Need to find a question before I go, so anyone want a Mickey bar ?
    Mary, have a WONDERFUL time and tell us all about it when you get back!!

Other than that --- the day went quickly here. I went to school and set up my classroom, got my hair done. Went out shopping after the girls went to sleep but came home empty handed.

Oooh, Sarah -- did you listen to Lou's podcast this week? The Richard Sherman interview was incredible!!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post

We're renting a car for our trip in a couple weeks and I wasn't able to get a very good deal this year because of the economy/gas prices, whatever. So I was just messing around on the computer this afternoon checking our flight prices, etc. and I went on Dollar's site and got us a rental car for the whole week for $85.00!! WOO HOO, I just saved us over $100 for the week!! Pretty cool huh? More Mickey merchandise for me!!
    We are renting a car for 2 days beginning tomorrow afternoon. It is $58/day. That is the cheapest we found. Maybe I should move to Florida?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    wish me luck for tonite. and we better have working toliets.
    So.... is everything flushing okay?? I hope you have a better night... sorry I wasn't there to participate in the fun last night. Trust me, it would've been better than 5 hrs staring at the ceiling in my isolation room in the ER....

Yeah!! That's great!!

That is exactly what I was thinking when I was reading everything. I sure hope that they can go on vacation More dust coming to you Blythe.
    Thanks... so far, I think I'm good to go. I hope you have a great trip yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    The girls haircuts are sooo cute! My girls have the same color hair --- Julie is brown and Katie is white blond. We must get the girls together sometime, I bet they would have a ball.
    Thanks! That's so funny, esp. since they practically have the same names, too. (Emma's middle name is Kate, and she gets called by both names quite often... )

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Well regardless of whether its mumps or not, here's some that you start feeling better, and enjoy your vacation!
    Thanks! I'm hoping whatever it is I've got, even if it's just some weird muscle strain, will go away soon!! It's getting VERY annoying!!

Well, we're off to bed... I hope everyone's having a good night, and I'll see you all in the am. Sleep well!! ('cept Kate -- here's some laced with caffeine for tonight!!)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, Sarah -- did you listen to Lou's podcast this week? The Richard Sherman interview was incredible!!
    Yep, I did listen to it and it's wonderful!! What a great man and his connection to Walt, amazing!

Mike and I just got back from eating dinner at Applebees, pretty good! Now I'm going to take a bath (it was FREEZING in that restaurant) and try to get some sleep. I'm absolutely exhausted with all this stuff with Scooter. This must be what it's like to have a newborn. Jym, Rachel, back me up here! She is just trying my patience left and right and sometimes I don't know what to do. Plus I burst in to tears if I think about my Dad moving away too much! What a baby, huh?

Hope you all sleep well to everyone!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

So.... is everything flushing okay?? I hope you have a better night... sorry I wasn't there to participate in the fun last night. Trust me, it would've been better than 5 hrs staring at the ceiling in my isolation room in the ER....
    we really missed you last nite. yes we can flush tonite. thank goodness . better tonite than last. only 5 pods right now- will go up to 6 at 3am. really getting tired of the masks though. hope everyone has a good nite. what shall i have for dinner?

kate
    p.s. jen and i were talking disney and then we both got admissions. maybe we aren't supposed to plan without the rest of you.
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Natazu Guest

Ok, I think I'm caught up on the JQ reading. Hope I've got it all straight...

Sarah, I'll back you up, newborns are difficult but it still shouldn't drive you to eat at Applebee's.

The patio looks adorable.

The new haircuts look sturdy.

I hope the babies didn't get the cryptospores.

Who's Richard Sherman?

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning JQville!

Another day to go out and make someone's life a better place!

God Bless us everyone and all those we love!

What is everyone planning for today?

Those about to venture forth....Happy Travels!

for those in need

XOXOX
    deb
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Good morning all.... cool morning to start but going to be a great day today.

Aren't you the thrifty shopper ! Don't you love getting a deal ?????

Okay, only 2 days 14 hours and 53 minutes. I'm so ready it's unreal. I need out of here so bad right now. Need to find a question before I go, so anyone want a Mickey bar ?

Be good everyone and I'll catch you when I return.
    OK.... you've still got 2 1/2 days and you are saying goodbye already ???? And you are teasing us with Mickey Bars ???

Enjoy your trip and and eat a bar for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Well Patti wasn't in the picture, was she?
    Yep... she was the third one from the left in the ninth photo. Didn't you see her ??
    sorry I wasn't there to participate in the fun last night. Trust me, it would've been better than 5 hrs staring at the ceiling in my isolation room in the ER.
    When I told Patti about this she couldn't believe an employee of the hospital had to wait that long.
    yes we can flush tonite.
    I'm so happy for you !

pogo Guest

Hey.... I just read this and thought I'd share it with everyone. Do you think Kate and Blythe will be famous ???

Enjoy.

From Syracuse.com
    Crouse takes steps to limit exposure to mumps
    by James T. Mulder
    Wednesday August 20, 2008, 2:15 PM
    Crouse Hospital in Syracuse is closely monitoring infants and staff in its neonatal intensive care unit for signs of mumps after three staff members came down with symptoms of the viral disease.

Bob Allen, a Crouse vice president, said today no patients have developed symptoms of mumps

A Crouse neonatal intensive care unit doctor was exposed to mumps while traveling in Ethiophia earlier this summer, Allen said. She developed symptoms of the disease and fully recovered. In the past week a nurse practitioner in the same unit and a nurse in the labor and delivery unit developed symptoms. None of the cases have been confirmed.

To limit further exposure, the hospital said all staff in the neonatal intensive care unit and associated areas are having their immune status evaluated and are being vaccinated as necessary. The hospital also is limiting visitation to the neonatal intensive care unit to parents and it is making them wear masks while in contact with their children.

Dr. Cynthia Morrow, Onondaga County's health commissioner, called the suspected mumps cases at the hospital "a low risk situation." She said Crouse has taken very aggressive action to limit exposure. Mumps is a relatively minor disease, she said. Mumps is also rare because most people are vaccinated against it, she said.

For more details read The Post-Standard Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Who's Richard Sherman?
    ONLY the guy who wrote the songs from...

Carousel of Progress
    One Little Spark (Imagination)
    It's a Small World
    Tiki Tiki Room

and music for movies like...
    Mary Poppins
    Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Jungle Book
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

He and his brother worked intimately with Walt on many projects, most of all Mary Poppins.

Mornin', kids! I'm watching the children today -- we're going to check out a public pool in South Windsor (although from what I've been reading on this thread, I'm a little hesitant...). It's a very nice community and a friend recommended it highly for its cleanliness and fun (sprinkers in the kid area, etc). He said it was 'like a Disney pool'. We'll see.

Everyone neat and pretty? Let's get on with the show!
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

She is just trying my patience left and right and sometimes I don't know what to do. Plus I burst in to tears if I think about my Dad moving away too much! What a baby, huh?
    Sarah, I'm so sorry this is all "ganging up on you" at once... and no, you're not a baby at all!! You're very lucky to have such a close relationship w/ your dad, and it's actually a blessing for you that his leaving brings tears, not many folks have that. So, just take all this as a sign of how much you and your dad love each other, what a good doggy-mommy you are and what good love and care you give your family, your fur-babies included.

we really missed you last nite. yes we can flush tonite. thank goodness. better tonite than last. only 5 pods right now- will go up to 6 at 3am. really getting tired of the masks though.

p.s. jen and i were talking disney and then we both got admissions. maybe we aren't supposed to plan without the rest of you.
    Sorry... blushing & hanging head... Glad to hear the water situation is better... I hope your night was okay. (And how were you going to go out for breakfast this morning at 10am after working last night??? Crazy girl!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Ok, I think I'm caught up on the JQ reading. Hope I've got it all straight...
    Hi Jym!! I'm not sure if you've got it all straight, but it was good to see you here!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    What is everyone planning for today?
    Hi Deb! I hope you have a good day in "schoolville"!

We're packing this morning, then it's off for a couple of errands and to the Fair, where the girls are dancing this afternoon. (And at this moment, I'm watching my Emma shimmying to "I Feel Good" out on the back porch where they're practicing... ...) Then it's back home to shuffle the animals to the kennel, finish packing the car and off to an early bed, as we'll be up before 5am. (Which, I realize, is quite normal for most of you, but not this JQ'er... the only days I see 5am w/o being at work are Disney days and Maine!! )

Good morning all.... cool morning to start ...

When I told Patti about this she couldn't believe an employee of the hospital had to wait that long.
    You're not kidding!! It's really chilly out there!! Good thing the girls are dancing up a storm to keep warm!! Brrr!!

Me either, but when I arrived, there were a bunch of and patients in the waiting room, so I was probably the most stable.... figures, eh?

Hey.... I just read this and thought I'd share it with everyone. Do you think Kate and Blythe will be famous ???

Enjoy.

From Syracuse.com...
    If only I could be famous for another reason....

I have a feeling the L&D nurse they're talking about is actually someone who was symptomatic before me, I believe I'm the second L&D nurse w/ symptoms. Haven't heard if there's anyone else -- how about you, Kate? Have you heard of more people feeling ill? It was on the news last night, too, but boy do they gloss over the facts... Dan called it a "sweep it under the rug" story.

Everyone neat and pretty? Let's get on with the show!
    Kathy
    Not quite yet... but soon! Have fun at the pool... sounds like a great spot!! Looks like our weekend weather will finally be nice... and warm! Yeah!!

How's the morning treating everyone? We're good here, although we were up at 2:30 with a scared 7 year old b/c the smoke alarm in her room was beeping (that annoying "low battery" beep).... she has taken to being scared at night about all the things that could befall us while we sleep, especially fire... so she was pretty unnerved when she heard the beeping and thought something was wrong. So, we had to strategically place ourselves b/w all the smoke detectors to figure out which one it was... yawn...

I hope you're all having a good morning... I'm still stiff and achy and taking Motrin, but trying very hard to ignore it. How much coffee do you think it would take to knock whatever this is out of my system???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all of you gorgeous people! I hope yet again that this day finds each and every one of you in good health, happiness and good humor.
    I haven't read back through everything so I'll send and to those in need.
    Blythe, the girls look adorable!I could see your pics but not pogo Oh an BTW Blythe sweetie, bring your long johns, it's been awful chilly at night actually the weather is supposed to improve and reach the 80's during the day so for beautiful blue skies while you're here.
    pogo, I'm still trying to get to the pics but since everyone says it's pretty....... WOW! That is bea-u-teefull!
    Well I hope you al have a fantabulous day! to all.
    Did anyone try my peanut buter cookies?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

We're good here, although we were up at 2:30 with a scared 7 year old b/c the smoke alarm in her room was beeping (that annoying "low battery" beep).... she has taken to being scared at night about all the things that could befall us while we sleep, especially fire... so she was pretty unnerved when she heard the beeping and thought something was wrong. So, we had to strategically place ourselves b/w all the smoke detectors to figure out which one it was... yawn...
    Why do they all start chirping at 2:00 AM in the morning? Mine did that the other day too. Why can't they do it during the day time?

Have a good one everyone. I'm out of here for that lovely place called work.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

pogo Guest

Hey.... just wondering...... is there another reason Kate has to wear a mask ????

OK... back to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey.... just wondering...... is there another reason Kate has to wear a mask ????

OK... back to work.
    so the people i stalk can't give a good description to the police

soooooo, pogo where in rochester do you live? , i actually grew up in chili. graduated high school from gates-chili. i have my nursing degree from the university of rochester. my parents still live there.

ok i am off to bed. see blythe i'm still awake at 9:45am. it was for disney- of course i could have stayed awake.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

pogo Guest

so the people i stalk can't give a good description to the police

soooooo, pogo where in rochester do you live? , i actually grew up in chili. graduated high school from gates-chili. i have my nursing degree from the university of rochester. my parents still live there.

ok i am off to bed. see blythe i'm still awake at 9:45am. it was for disney- of course i could have stayed awake.

kate
    So... you are admitting you're stalking me and you want me to tell you how to find me ??? Silly girl !

Actually, I live in Gates. Wouldn't it be funny if your parents were my neighbors ????

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: