Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Thanks Kate.
    I play drums..... but I can play bass, sax and trombone also.
    ohhhhhh drummerrrrs(glazed eyes). i remember dating a drummer in college.
    sigh, back to the present. you'll do fine tonite, drummers do it with rhythm.

ok i am off to work. wish me luck it will go smoothly. anyone get rain again today?

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Too many people do not understand the word ' customer service' any more. Doesn't it just make you mad when you get an idiot like that ?
    You aren't kidding! I had a whopper of an argument with Sears this week because they left a tag on a pair of shorts. (from the USA) which I may or may not be able to get removed but if I brought back to the USA I'd get 5 bucks (tolls being 8 made this unattractive), then Sears here could remove but wouldn't give me the 5 bucks (and it's still not in my hometown but in Windsor so almost a 1/4 tank of gas away)..long many time repeated story short I got 30.00 bucks back instead. (since the shorts were 10.00 it seems fair) But I'll be looking for ink tags more often. See this is why shoes are better!
    I think it looks good but...... the tiny strap will never hold that purse when you put all your money in it.
    You mean like cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Money? It's suppose to hold money? I thought it was just for cards because Gilles is suppose to have the money!!! I figured it would hold the VISA, MC and the debit cards, along with the cell phone!! It barely holds my wallet!!!
    See I just use a fabric change purse thing for a wallet instead. (But need to find a real one since all my new purses are jumbo sized). Are you going to embelish the scarf?

Traci anymore word on the bio-dad & grands visit issues?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    See I just use a fabric change purse thing for a wallet instead. (But need to find a real one since all my new purses are jumbo sized). Are you going to embelish the scarf?
    I don't think so. I couldn't find anything in the store that would go good with it. I don't want beads since I have all the beads on the purse. I might make a broach out of buttons to go on the scarf.

It's quiet in here today, where is everyone?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Pogo!

Anyone want to come over and eat lasagna, brussel sprouts and corn with us?

I won't make you eat peanut butter toast...

Ellen, how are you feeling?

Carol, I love the purse -the beads and shape and very creative!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    wednesday. hey can i borrow your wallpaper removal stuff?
    Yup - I just put it with my work stuff...

.... so, if you're on before 9pm, you think I'm coming in???

I am going to sit in with a Classic Rock group tonight at a jam session. I got the call yesterday and it interested me enough to go play so we'll see what happens. Can I have lots of pixie dust to help knock the rust off ? My first time performing in about 3 or 4 years.
    That's so cool!! I hope you're having an awesome time... boy oh boy, Patti's going to have to peel you off the ceiling later...

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    So I called the Bank of America card and this man was so rude to me basically told me there was no reason to adjust the charge off, his supervisor wasn't available, they were valid charges, VERY nasty. I was so upset because not only did I have this credit card with them, Mike and I bank at Bank of America, we initially financed Mike's truck through them etc....
    Sarah, I have to tell you, we bank with BofA, too, and I seriously dislike them... if I didn't have so much business tied up with them at the moment, I'd be out of there in a shot... although I really don't know who I'd prefer to do business with at the moment, either! We've had some good service -- at times -- and when we had the debit card fraud, they were great -- but we've also had some seriously rude conversations and happenings and I hate all their ridiculous charges... they're just too big, and they get away with too much. Sorry you had to go through that.... it really does get your BP up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    I am SO tired of the rain....it seems that is all it has been doing here. I have been tempted to turn the fireplace on lately to get rid of some of the dampness -
    -- I've had the same thought about our fireplace, it certainly does NOT feel like mid-August around here... it's been in the low 70's forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    ...I was almost convinced that I needed to build an ark.
    Funny, sounds like us... only I think it's worse where you are b/c I bet it's alot colder, and here, the rain only keeps us from the lake... I'd HATE it if it kept me from being on the ocean!! I'm hoping things warm up a bit for when we're there...

For of those of you that are interested, here are a few pictures of my creative purse. Let me know what you think, if it's perfect the way it is or does it need more or less. I really want to win something...even if it is a gift certificate for the store.
    Carol, that purse is cool... how big is it?? I love the stitching, and the beads are a great touch!

ok i am off to work. wish me luck it will go smoothly. anyone get rain again today?
    I'm sensing a restraining order again...

Okay, nix the question from up above... just talked to Hania to offer my services on the 8th floor and she accepted w/o hesitation... so I'll see you in a few hours!! So -- wishing luck for both of us...

... and yes, of course we got rain... while we were at the zoo, but luckily we were almost ready to do the indoors part!!

We went to the zoo & then out to lunch... we had a really fun time, the animals were all pretty rowdy b/c of the cooler weather, usually they're all having their early afternoon siesta. One AMAZING thing we saw was their python being fed.... she's about 19ft long and they gave her a 10lb rabbit... we saw her investigate it and grab it and coil herself around it... but we never got to see her eat it, as she kind-of positioned herself below where we could see, and was taking her sweet time deciding what she wanted to do with it. But even that much was pretty cool!!! (And yes, we did go eat lunch pretty much after that... )

So - how was everyone else's day? I hope it was good -- anyone else have an AP and get good news on their room rates? We saved about $160 on our room at CBR, and we were upgraded to a waterview!! We didn't want to be, but there were no specials on a standard view, so we would have paid more to not be upgraded. Weird, eh? We tried for a better deal at POFQ, but there wasn't one for our dates. So - I'm pretty happy with the outcome anyway!!

Gotta run and get the girls off to bed -- I'll check in with you guys later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Sarah, I have to tell you, we bank with BofA, too, and I seriously dislike them... if I didn't have so much business tied up with them at the moment, I'd be out of there in a shot... although I really don't know who I'd prefer to do business with at the moment, either! We've had some good service -- at times -- and when we had the debit card fraud, they were great -- but we've also had some seriously rude conversations and happenings and I hate all their ridiculous charges... they're just too big, and they get away with too much. Sorry you had to go through that.... it really does get your BP up!!!
    It sure did, I was a wreck and it was only 8:00 am!! I'm glad someone was able to help me. It's amazing with B of A that a lot of times you talk to someone and they are the rudest, most unhelpful people you've ever dealt with and then you find someone who's like, sure no problem, anything else I can do for you? It's just weird!

One AMAZING thing we saw was their python being fed.... she's about 19ft long and they gave her a 10lb rabbit... we saw her investigate it and grab it and coil herself around it... but we never got to see her eat it, as she kind-of positioned herself below where we could see, and was taking her sweet time deciding what she wanted to do with it. But even that much was pretty cool!!!
    YIKES!! I couldn't watch that, it would make me crazy. I get the whole animals eat other animals, circle of life, yadda yadda, but I can't watch, it would have broken my heart.

So do you all think that Pogo's "gig" is going well? I sure hope so, I know he was nervous.

Mike should be home in a few hours from Denver so it will be nice to get some rest tonight. I'm getting better at sleeping when he's not here but it's still hard.

Blythe, that's awesome about your AP discount. I keep hoping for some Disney Visa discounts or something. I got an email with a pincode but it didn't help us out any. I'm have a feeling with the smoking deal we got at the BC we aren't going to be able to do much better than that!

Hope you all are having a wonderful night I'll check in later!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, that purse is cool... how big is it?? I love the stitching, and the beads are a great touch!

We went to the zoo & then out to lunch... we had a really fun time, the animals were all pretty rowdy b/c of the cooler weather, usually they're all having their early afternoon siesta. One AMAZING thing we saw was their python being fed.... she's about 19ft long and they gave her a 10lb rabbit... we saw her investigate it and grab it and coil herself around it... but we never got to see her eat it, as she kind-of positioned herself below where we could see, and was taking her sweet time deciding what she wanted to do with it. But even that much was pretty cool!!! (And yes, we did go eat lunch pretty much after that... )
    Without the beads it's 9" tall and at the widest point at the bottom it's 10".

That sounds like a great time at the zoo!!!

I think it's that way with all banks, Sarah. We had trouble with ours when we were getting the house and we have everything through it. I get the best help always from a very little branch here in town that I deal with through work, in fact, I moved all my stuff to this bank instead of dealing with the old branch.

I was hoping I would get a pincode that would help me for my October trip, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone want a piece of lemon crumble pie? Gilles isn't home from work yet and I'm getting a little hungry..he's suppose to be bringing dinner home.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

YIKES!! I couldn't watch that, it would make me crazy. I get the whole animals eat other animals, circle of life, yadda yadda, but I can't watch, it would have broken my heart.

I'm have a feeling with the smoking deal we got at the BC we aren't going to be able to do much better than that!
    I couldn't have watched if the rabbit had been alive -- I'm totally with you on that -- but it was dead, had been in a freezer and had been "thawed" for the python earlier in the day. Still, pretty gross... but at least not as sad to watch. I was surprised my girls tolerated it as well as they did, being the animal lovers that they are... but again, probably b/c the bunny was definitely not aware of what was going on...

I'm still so jealous of your BC deal... that is so great!! Maybe that'll be our NEXT Christmas trip, try to snag a Mousefest special there... ... you guys are going to have such a great time!!

Well, I'm off to get ready for work... I'll try to zoop in after I get there and am settled... having said that, I'll probably wish I hadn't...

Have a great night, all!!

(Anybody know when Jenn & Brian are supposed to be back?? I miss her around here!!)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

(Anybody know when Jenn & Brian are supposed to be back?? I miss her around here!!)
    They're back...Jenn said everyone was out of sorts. It has been quiet around here without her and her jokes, hasn't it?

Did Pogo get a bang out of playing his drums tonight? (I know, that is bad!!)
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

At 7:00 PM I was in heaven !
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Good Luck Pogo!
    Thanks Sis.... I had it !
    That's so cool!! I hope you're having an awesome time... boy oh boy, Patti's going to have to peel you off the ceiling later.

I'm sensing a restraining order again.

I'll take that restraining order... thanks.
    So do you all think that Pogo's "gig" is going well? I sure hope so, I know he was nervous.
    OK..... it went very well ! I didn't have to take my drums but I took my cymbals. They are a smoking hot band and boy, did we rock it, just like old times. I was a little rusty at first but then I knocked their socks off.

We played songs from ZZ Top, Zeppelin, Who, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joe Walsh, Stones, Rush, Metalica, Black Sabbath, George Thorogood, Ted Nugent and more. Two and a half hours of pure, unadulterated Rock and Roll Baby. I hated to leave.

Did I tell you how much fun I had ??????? Wow ! I may not be able to sleep tonight !

Post Thanks / Like

-- I've had the same thought about our fireplace, it certainly does NOT feel like mid-August around here... it's been in the low 70's forever!!!

So - how was everyone else's day? I hope it was good -- anyone else have an AP and get good news on their room rates? We saved about $160 on our room at CBR, and we were upgraded to a waterview!! We didn't want to be, but there were no specials on a standard view, so we would have paid more to not be upgraded. Weird, eh? We tried for a better deal at POFQ, but there wasn't one for our dates. So - I'm pretty happy with the outcome anyway!!

Gotta run and get the girls off to bed -- I'll check in with you guys later!!
    Chilly again here tonight - I WANT SUMMER!!!!

Carol - the purse is too cute - I love the colours and the beads!

Congrats on the room rates, that is a pretty sweet deal! Your zoo day sounds a little like my day.

So, I had a great day, I went to Brandon's daycare to see the critters and ended up with a boa constrictor around my neck...what was I thinking?! Oh yah...gotta this shot for my facebook profile pic! Priorities!

I then took the boys to the airport hangar where the police chopper flies out of, brandon got to sit in the back, he thought it was pretty cool.

Well, off to bed, Ben was up at 3 again last night, I hope tonight is not a repeat...anyone want to take duty for me?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I might make a broach out of buttons to go on the scarf.
    The purse is very cool. I think either the purse or the broach need a hidden Mickey.

anyone else have an AP and get good news on their room rates?
    Actually, we have APs, but the AAA rate that we already have turned out better than the AP rate.

Anyone want a piece of lemon crumble pie?
    And, didn't someone else mention cookies?

I didn't make much project progress today, but I just needed a break from it. I'm hoping to make some good progress tomorrow before I have to leave to go sign the papers on our refinance closing.

As far as the toe, it's doing pretty well. I go back to the toe doctor in 2 weeks.

Hope to see you all again soon!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

ZOOP!

Sorry, folks, I just wanted to tell y'all I'm still alive. Had a great day shopping at the outlets and managed to not empty the bank account. I also finished all the fondant pieces for the cake I'm working on and baked the actual cake. I'll post a pic on Friday when I put it all together. We're off to visit my parents tomorrow, so I'll be zooping in Friday to try and catch up!

Pogo, glad to hear you had a good time playing with the band! Let us know when you're doing the world tour and I'll be there with my lighter.

The caption is finally sent in to Lou. Now we wait.

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Just zooping in to say hi! I have several projects going right now at work and I'm BUSY (but happy)!

Pogo, glad to hear that you had fun tonight... no need to widen the door in your house, right?

I have no idea what lemon crumble pie is, but it sounds good. May I have a slice please?

Later, s!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Well, we know it's not the Beatles. It they're looking for really old guys, it could be the Rolling Stones. Here's some . Have a great time. Pit band duties are over, but we've still got the oompah band going, and I'm going back to concert band (just for Christmas season) on Sept. 16.

Anybody got a spare chocolate chip cookie?

I'm guessing the Beach Boys. (Who just said, "who are the Beach Boys"?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

OK..... it went very well ! I didn't have to take my drums but I took my cymbals. They are a smoking hot band and boy, did we rock it, just like old times. I was a little rusty at first but then I knocked their socks off.

We played songs from ZZ Top, Zeppelin, Who, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joe Walsh, Stones, Rush, Metalica, Black Sabbath, George Thorogood, Ted Nugent and more. Two and a half hours of pure, unadulterated Rock and Roll Baby. I hated to leave.

Did I tell you how much fun I had ??????? Wow ! I may not be able to sleep tonight !
    All right, now I'm jealous. the most rockin' I've been able to do lately is a really fast polka.

We had some of your weather today, but by the weekend, I'll be glad to trade our low 90s with ya.

I've been on a writing roll the last couple of nights. Almost done the last chapter and then the epilogue (then lots of rewrites before the editor gets it.)

Sandy, you got the breakfast bar ready for morning?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

That is so cool... let us know when you're going to rock the house again, and we'll find a babysitter...

...anyone want to take duty for me?
    Sorry.... I'm at work, on duty already.... hope your little one sleeps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Actually, we have APs, but the AAA rate that we already have turned out better than the AP rate.
    I almost considered re-joining AAA for their 20% rate, but figured spending $123 to save $118 wasn't really worth it... I think we did pretty well, considering -- it's just frustrating that they put the rates out, and then you can't get one anywhere you want to be.

Okay -- gotta run for a few minutes... anyone still up?
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

[CENTER]We played songs from ZZ Top, Zeppelin, Who, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joe Walsh, Stones, Rush, Metalica, Black Sabbath, George Thorogood, Ted Nugent and more. Two and a half hours of pure, unadulterated Rock and Roll Baby. I hated to leave.

Wow! DH would be TOTALLY jealous! Are they going to invite you back?
    Come on out! Its supposed to be 95 tomorrow, and 98 on Friday!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I've been on a writing roll the last couple of nights. Almost done the last chapter and then the epilogue (then lots of rewrites before the editor gets it.)
    Did I tell ya that DD16 is writing a book?
    Okay -- gotta run for a few minutes... anyone still up?
    I'm here! Just got home from school suppy shopping - gotta continue that bank account drain!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Come on out! Its supposed to be 95 tomorrow, and 98 on Friday!

Did I tell ya that DD16 is writing a book?

I'm here! Just got home from school suppy shopping - gotta continue that bank account drain!!
    Wow - what's up with you guys getting the hot when we should have it, and the cold when we were supposed to earlier this year?? My girls would love just a few hot days before the summer is over, their beach time has been severely lacking!

That is so cool!!

Phew, don't I know it... just went and got 4 more pairs of shoes & boots for them yesterday, and we're off to the mall on Saturday or Monday. I can feel my wallet shrinking as I speak....

Have you guys heard anything about your waitlist yet??

So - anybody else burning the midnight oil?
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Its supposed to be 95 tomorrow, and 98 on Friday!
    OK, the news just revised this - now its supposed to be 98 tomorrow, and 104 on Friday!!
    Have you guys heard anything about your waitlist yet??

So - anybody else burning the midnight oil?
    No news on the waitlists, however we DO actually have ressies at OKW (but only 3 nights are available using our point - so we are paying cash for one at this point). I would love for one of the waitlist to come thru, but we won't be "roomless".
    Should I check to see if I can get an AP rate for the night we have to pay cash??

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: