Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kate, I really did like the season finale, even if it did mean that we won't have a new season for two years. My favorite part was when everyone was in the Tardis getting it revved up for the trip.

Anyone else watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics? What a show!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Yes!! It was astounding! I was totally impressed with the amount of precision and the amazing ways they used technology throughout the portion that precedes the Parade of Nations.

What was your favorite part? I especially liked the drummers at the beginning, but I also liked the part where they were painting that big picture thing, and....wait...I think I liked it all. The finale was awesome too!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Kate, I really did like the season finale, even if it did mean that we won't have a new season for two years. My favorite part was when everyone was in the Tardis getting it revved up for the trip.

yeah, two years is a long time. my favorite part was when rose kissed her doctor. been waiting for that for years.

politics aside, i love the olympics. i am a junkie getting a fix. i will watch sports during the olympics that i never watch anytime else. my favorites are diving, swimming, gymnastics and (best for last) equestrian. we are lucky enough in syracuse to have one of the premiere show jumping shows in nov every year. its so cool to see olympic athletes up close. and because Beezie Madden is from cazenovia(just down the road from syracuse)- we are routing her on for gold.

ok, i really am a junkie. please excuse the babling for the next few weeks.

oh and the opening ceremony- loved the sychronized drummers.

was there a question in all that?

good night all and stay dry
    kate
    and i am at least 5 posts away from pogo
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, that was no joke, what a wonderful show! The drummers were incredible, the people in the green light up costumes were incredible. I didn't realize there were so many countries in this world!!

Blythe, you still up? I can't believe I am. I came home today and cleaned my whole house and I'm beat!

If you can spare a little pixie dust, Mike's having a terrible time at work right now. His boss is really trying to take advantage of his hard work on top of trying to pay him less. I'd sure appreciate any good thoughts you can send this way!

Have a nice snooze all of you (well except Blythe, don't fall asleep on the job) to you all!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    y

oh and the opening ceremony- loved the sychronized drummers.

was there a question in all that?
    Aren't all drummers synchronized? I mean if they weren't, they'd be pretty lousy at keeping the beat.

Post Thanks / Like

...and (best for last) equestrian. we are lucky enough in syracuse to have one of the premiere show jumping shows in nov every year. its so cool to see olympic athletes up close. and because Beezie Madden is from cazenovia(just down the road from syracuse)- we are routing her on for gold.

please excuse the babling for the next few weeks.

good night all and stay dry
    I love the jumping!! We're rooting for Beezie, too... maybe we can catch that jumping show in Nov together... you can teach me a thing or two...

only the next few weeks???

Thanks, and I'm trying.... unless one of my little boy babies gets me, I'm pretty safe...

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Blythe, you still up?

If you can spare a little pixie dust, Mike's having a terrible time at work right now. His boss is really trying to take advantage of his hard work on top of trying to pay him less. I'd sure appreciate any good thoughts you can send this way!
    Yup, I'm here... 11p-1a is our busy time on the postpartum floor. Sorry I missed you!

Sending some Mike's way... I know that story well, and it's hard to watch your DH go through it... I never know what to say, and I know there's no way to fix it. I hope things turn around for him soon...

I'll have my snooze in.... 6 1/2 hours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Aren't all drummers synchronized? I mean if they weren't, they'd be pretty lousy at keeping the beat.
    Hey -- nice of you to finally show up for the night shift!! Where've you been?? You'd think you have a new baby taking up all of your time!! (Wait... don't tell me he sleeps through the night already... that just wouldn't be fair... so where are you during those feedings, eh??) (Glad to see you... )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Blythe! How's your night going?

We just finished watching the opening of the Olympics. Unlike the others, I wasn't as impressed - except for the ending. I love watching all the nations come in. Wow there are alot of countries I've never heard of!

Well, off to dream land. Could someone please save some coffee for me?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone about the opening show for the olympics - WIW !!! Wasn't that amazing?

I'd love to try and find the one from 1960, when Walt Disney was in charge of the pagentry.

Not much time this morning for coffee and cookies. I'll get the coffee on the way to my class, and eat pretzels in the car. I'm taking a leave of absence from this Sat. class, as it's 45 mi. away, and about the only way to buy some time for myself. Today, and next Sat. will be it for awhile. In two weeks, I'll make home made cinnamon rolls, and hot chocolate, (if it's under 100 degrees here). If it's still hot, we'll have saurkraut and root beer.

Zooping out until later today. Hope you can get back to work on your resort Pogo. Also, I need to talk to you "scrappers" later about a memorial book I want to do about my mother.

Bye for now.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

What is a lobster cookie? And I loved the tai chi parts of the opening and the ones with the lights on them.

Hope your all having a good day. We are off to Macy's later does anyone see shoes in my future?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    WHAT ?????????
    Is there an echo in here?

I didn't get to see any Olympics.

I went to see my nephew play in his first football game. He is in his first year of junior high.

He made a block that enabled his player to score a TD!

Yay! John Denton!

Ken, where did you want me to swing this sledgehammer?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Bada badum, bada, da da da da da. I hate that I missed that part. We were playing the show until 11.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Ken, where did you want me to swing this sledgehammer?
    Heck, I dunno. Why don't you ask Ty?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, everyone sleep well? Where's Pogo this morning?

Well I'm up but not willingly, so sleepy. I'm getting ready to head out to a mobile animal adoption at a grocery store accross town. Keep your fingers crossed that a lot of babies find new homes today!

It rained like crazy here last night. Some parts of the city got two inches of rain in less than an hour, it was pretty crazy. Mike said his drive home was like driving home through a lake, thanks goodness he has the big truck!

Hope you all have a splendid morning, I'll check in and let you know how the adoptions went. to all!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all you warm, wonderful, welcoming people!!
    I hope everyone had a good night. I haven't read back through everything because my computer is unreasonably slow this morning (that's ok, it matches everything else that's gone on in the last couple of days ) Anyway...
    Jym, I checked out those pics of the baby the other day, he is way too cute! You and Rachel done good!
    pogo, how's the remodel going?
    Sarah, for Mikes job and for the babies finding homes today.

Nobody bothered to show or call to visit with Carter yet again, the family is 3 for 3 and the bio dad is 2 for 3 so it looks more and more like the rights and responsibilties hearing will be much easier. Oh well... I'm not quite myself today so I'm going to try to get some more planning for my birthday trip (30 days 7 hours etc.) done in hopes that it brings out the true me. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day and a safe and fun weekend. Take care everyone... to all.
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

pogo Guest

My request for the remodel... can we get a Dole Whip dispenser installed near the Tiki Bar?
    That's a great idea... I'll work on it.
    i'm sensing a restraining order in my future. i must keep 5 posts between me and pogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Rough life... did you stay dry???

Sure, sure... one relocation offer and the rest of us become chopped liver.
    Nope..... got to the course and it started raining again..... never got out of my car.

Who said you're chopped liver ??? You are more like a rum ball !

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Pogo, if your place is going to have a Tiki bar, I'm there. Right up my alley.
    Sounds good as long as you realize I'm already married to a Goddess !
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Pogo, with all the rain back there, I think you should just float the whole thing down South. I could give up SOG in Dec.

I'm looking at 121 days until we chow down on Possum. (It IS on the menu, isn't it)?
    Sounds good..... do we have a barge we can load it on ??

Possum is only on the menu at Wolfgangs if Jym is with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Note to self, check to see if the building is being demolished BEFORE you enter the bathroom!
    pogo, was that you with the wrecking ball????
    It wasn't me..... probably Caroleh or Flower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Could somebody please check our ADR's again??? I'm a little nervous now.
    We are working on them this weekend. We will post the correct ones on facebook as soon as we recover them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    We might need to expand the pool if we are all going to fit...and definitely expand the Tiki Bar.
    I think the pool and tiki bar are just fine. Blythe... do you think we'd all fit in the pool ??
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    When are you going in December? (And why do I not know this?)

I guess I just can't keep everybody's trips straight. I suppose it's a good thing I'm not a travel agent...although, if I was, I suppose I would have everything written down and organized.
    All that info is posted on facebook.

What does your signature line say ???
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    I especially liked the drummers at the beginning.
    loved the sychronized drummers.
    The drummers were incredible!
    Everybody loves the drummers.... right Ken !
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I went to see my nephew play in his first football game. He is in his first year of junior high.

He made a block that enabled his player to score a TD!

Yay! John Denton!
    Excellent !
    Where's Pogo this morning?
    I'm here.
    pogo, how's the remodel going?
    At a stand still because of the weather and the crew doesn't work on the weekend.

Got to go do yard work... see you later.

Post Thanks / Like

118 days till Disney !!!

Did you know, life is good?

AND

Laura has enough scholarship & etc. money that I only have to pay OP about 1K !!!!

AND

I called and got the ressie # for CP that I had lost for us! Pogo will post it soon in (you know where)
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Also, I need to talk to you "scrappers" later about a memorial book I want to do about my mother.
    Did I miss something? You mean a tribute book, right? I'd be willing to help as I'd like to do something similar for my mom before Alzheimer's claims even more of her memory.

Good news, Deb! Not only did Laura get in, but she got scholarship money too!

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    What is a lobster cookie? And I loved the tai chi parts of the opening and the ones with the lights on them.

Hope your all having a good day. We are off to Macy's later does anyone see shoes in my future?
    Nat, are we sharing a brain today? I was kinda wondering what a lobster cookie was but guessed that it's a sugar cookie in the shape of a lobster. Am I right???

I agree with you about the show. The fireworks were amazing (those footprints making their way to the stadium), the drummers were amazing, the tai chi was amazing, the painting was amazing, the tiles were amazing, the guys in the green light suits were amazing, the globe with the dancers on it was amazing, the little girl flying was amazing, but when they lifted that last guy with the torch in the air: that was mind-blowing! I don't think I've said "wow" out loud as much as I did last night in a really, really long time. I tend to find the parade of nations a snoozer though.

Hehehe... when I saw Macy's ad about their shoe sale, I almost forwarded the e-mail to you!

Hope everyone is enjoying sunny skies today! Any of you non-city folk grilling today?
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody bothered to show or call to visit with Carter yet again, the family is 3 for 3 and the bio dad is 2 for 3 so it looks more and more like the rights and responsibilties hearing will be much easier.
    Wow - looks like they are making it easier for you. Hopefully it will all be resolved before Carter is old enough to be fully aware of the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I think the pool and tiki bar are just fine. Blythe... do you think we'd all fit in the pool ??
    Pool Party at Pogo's!!

So the nephew is home now. A happy homecoming, but definitely overshadowed by the events in CA. Not sure if or when he is headed back.

We need to bottle our wine this weekend. Who wants to help?

Post Thanks / Like

T&G, so glad to hear that your DN is home! I'm sure it was very scary for the entire family.

I'll come and help with the bottling. Since I'm a teetoter right now, I promise I won't even sample. Can you supply me with some root though? And a curious mind wonders, where do you get the bottles and corks? Want me to design labels for you? How about we all come up with a name for your product, or have you aready done so?
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    So the nephew is home now. A happy homecoming, but definitely overshadowed by the events in CA. Not sure if or when he is headed back.

We need to bottle our wine this weekend. Who wants to help?
    That is great news T&G.

I'll come and help with the bottling. Since I'm a teetoter right now, I promise I won't even sample. Can you supply me with some root though? And a curious mind wonders, where do you get the bottles and corks? Want me to design labels for you? How about we all come up with a name for your product, or have you aready done so?
    Same here Ellen, in regards to drinking, just not much of a drink. I'll take a ever so often, but seriously I can't remember the last time I had a drink.

So seriously what are Lobster cookies? Sorry but they don't sound too great. I had a lobster sandwich in the Cape at McDonald's once and man that was terrible. On a hot dog bun no less. Made me not thrilled to have one again. Don't they have them at AA in Epcot during Food & Wine Festival? Okay got a little off track.

We are having another couple rounds of thunderstorms, so batten down the hatches. Don't want to loose any more around this parts. Good news though as soon as we get the insurance check I can get a new 32 flat screen.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Everybody loves the drummers.... right Ken !
    Wait, were they all talking about the Olympic opening? I thought they were all referring to the JQ drummers.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: