Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 46

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I understand, I get pouty too...I should win something!

Not sure, even Rhonda's been MIA. You think we smell? Something smells around here that's for sure! Maybe it's the subway?

Just got back from dinner at my parent's house. They have been real nice to include me on things since Mike has been gone. He'll be home tomorrow thank goodness. I like some alone time, but not quite this much. He said Jim's wake was really nice, lots of people with a lot of really nice things to say. He's now talking about us buying Jim's farm, he doesn't think Paula will stay for very long. Don't think we can afford a 40 acre farm in upstate NY but I guess I don't rule anything out, I absolutely never say never that's for sure. I've seen the place and it's beautiful, would sure be a nice change for us. Plus I could bug Pogo whenever I wanted!
    I'm all for you buying a 40 acre farm in upstate New York! Think of the animals you could rescue! and the guests you could house.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    How was everyone's day today? I hope the weather was as gorgrous where you are as it was here. I started my weekend off right with a shopping trip with my best friend on Friday, and today I went to the wedding of one of my friends from grad school. Tomorrow a group of friends and I are going to Buffalo for Chicken Wing Fest! How many wings do you think I can eat?

Have a fantastic night!
    OK What did you buy? and Hou many did you eat?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    I dunno...it IS pretty humid around here. We have been "dealing with the remnants of tropical storm Fay". The weather people were talking about it coming all week and saying we were gonna get a bunch of rain. Well we got almost nothing but a cloudy sky and high humidity. Fine with me!

The subway DOES smell. Badly. Like pee. And who knows what else. It has its own special smell.

Buffalo has a Chicken Wing Fest? That's unique. Can you eat 100?
    Yep, pee is a really special smell.

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I've done better by post than in the parks with the dream prizes. Does this count as a drop in?
    Thanks Mikki. I was beginning to get worried.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Yep, pee is a really special smell.
    Haha no. You misunderstood me. The subway smells like pee and something else that can only be described as "the subway". This stench rises up from the vents and there is no other way to describe it but simply "the subway".

How is everybody's day looking? The clouds moved out and the sky is stunning this morning. And that oh, 30 minutes or so of rain was just enough to wash everything off so the sun was shining off of everything all bright and sparkly! Well, as sparkly as the Bronx can be...usually means the razor wire is shining haha.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I've done better by post than in the parks with the dream prizes. Does this count as a drop in?
    Mikki, We've been worried about all our mods. How is everything on that side of the big pond?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

Good morning all..... and a happy and holy Sunday to you.

Is everyone OK ????

Sarah.... I think it would be great if you and Mike moved up here. Patti and I would assist you in finding a job. We have some connections.

We are off to church, and today is going to be nicer, weather wise, then yesterday. The resort will be active again today with many splashing in the pool and a feast cooked on the grill. At 1:00 PM the Tiki Bar will be open. Who wants a Lapu lapu ???

Enjoy today and tell someone you love them today. You may never be able to say that again to them.

I love you all..... see you later tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Buffalo has a Chicken Wing Fest? That's unique. Can you eat 100?
    Yep! It's held in the baseball park over the weekend. About 40 different restaurants set up with their respective brands of wings. There's music and events like bobbing for wings in a pool of blu cheese (ew). The funny thing is, I don't even like chicken wings all that much, and when I do eat them I like them very mild or with bbq sauce. So the real question is, will I eat at least 10?

OK What did you buy? and Hou many did you eat?

Hi Deb! I have a spending problem. I knew I was going to buy some new clothes, but didn't plan on getting as many as I did! I think the best purchase I made though was a new dress for the wedding I went to. I had planned to wear something completely different, but when I walked into the store and saw it and then it looked awesome when I tried it on, it was over. I have no idea how many wings I'm eating, but I'll let you know when I get back.

Have a fantastic Sunday all!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

ZOOP!

Good morning all of you warm, wonderful, welcoming people! I hope everyone's day is perfectly pleasant! I haven't been on much the last couple of days and miss you all like crazy! Again for anyone who's keeping score, the bio-dads family went yet another week with no-call/no-show
    Carter's better off without them.

To all those who post and those who have a great day! to those in need and to all. Love ya!

Did I forget a question?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Don't think we can afford a 40 acre farm in upstate NY but I guess I don't rule anything out, I absolutely never say never that's for sure. I've seen the place and it's beautiful, would sure be a nice change for us. Plus I could bug Pogo whenever I wanted!
    C'mon, you know you wanna.... think of all the animals and room you would have!! And you'd be closer not only to pogo, but us and Jenn and Carol and Ellen and Kathy and Nikki and.... the list goes on & on!! (And you'd only be 6 hours from Detroit... not sure where your mom & dad are moving, but it'd definitely be closer!)

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Is everyone OK ????

At 1:00 PM the Tiki Bar will be open. Who wants a Lapu lapu ???
    Yup - we slept in and caught up on our sleep... it's sunny and bright and beautiful out, I've got coffee in-hand and another party to get ready for! My family is coming over today to celebrate Julia's birthday... I think we'll be partied out, if that's possible!!

You send one this way, I'll send a your way... that's what time Margaritaville opens out here, too!

Well, all you wonderful people, I hope you have a magnificent day... I absolutely cannot believe it is 3 days 'til the girls go back to school, that tomorrow is September, and that today is.....

99 days 'til Disney!!!!

I'm SO ready to be doing the double-digit dance.... ..... I can't believe it is here already!!!!!!

Okay... gotta run... I'll catch up with you all later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Does this count as a drop in?
    Or does it count as a zoop?

Blythe, you're in the double digits? Wahoo! Want some company with your dance?
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, it's like what Blythe said about being closer to all of, but maybe we can try to have a little more get togethers!!!

Which reminds me....will everyone from this part of the world(Ontario/Western & Central NY) PM me, please?

It looks like another gorgous day outside, so I think I should have a day to get out of my jammies, get a little more sewing done and go somewhere!!

Have a great Sunday!!! Blythe, do you have any birthday cake to share?

38 days till trip 1 and 100 days to trip 2!!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    C'mon, you know you wanna.... think of all the animals and room you would have!! And you'd be closer not only to pogo, but us and Jenn and Carol and Ellen and Kathy and Nikki and.... the list goes on & on!! (And you'd only be 6 hours from Detroit... not sure where your mom & dad are moving, but it'd definitely be closer!)

Yup - we slept in and caught up on our sleep... it's sunny and bright and beautiful out, I've got coffee in-hand and another party to get ready for! My family is coming over today to celebrate Julia's birthday... I think we'll be partied out, if that's possible!!

You send one this way, I'll send a your way... that's what time Margaritaville opens out here, too!

Well, all you wonderful people, I hope you have a magnificent day... I absolutely cannot believe it is 3 days 'til the girls go back to school, that tomorrow is September, and that today is.....

99 days 'til Disney!!!!

I'm SO ready to be doing the double-digit dance.... ..... I can't believe it is here already!!!!!!

Okay... gotta run... I'll catch up with you all later!!
    I've been double digit dancin' for a couple of days now! Glad you are joining in! In another couple days we'll have a whole party of dancing!

Should we call it a sock-hop?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Guess who finally posted DLR trip reports??
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for you buying a 40 acre farm in upstate New York! Think of the animals you could rescue! and the guests you could house.
    Trust me Mike used the animal angle. He told me how many acres we could fence off and I could have as many animals as I wanted ! WOO HOO. My dream has always been to pick a large breed and have a rescue organization where I could take dogs that would be otherwise euthanized and work with them until we could find them a new forever home!

And of course, there would be lots of room for extra people guests, wouldn't have it any other way!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Sarah.... I think it would be great if you and Mike moved up here. Patti and I would assist you in finding a job. We have some connections.
    Yep, I kinda figured maybe Patti could help me out in my area of expertise, and Mike wouldn't have any problems getting a job at a motorcycle dealership, he can work on snowmobiles and is very versitile when it comes to just about anything with a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    99 days 'til Disney!!!!

Absolutely would be wonderful to be so close to all of you guys, I feel so out in the middle of nowhere out here...it was so nice when Pogo and Patti had ties to Albuquerque and were able to come out.

I can't believe were in double digits!! That's so great. I'm in single digits for my trip next week and double digits for the trip in December, can it get any better??

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Sarah, it's like what Blythe said about being closer to all of, but maybe we can try to have a little more get togethers!!!
    Carol, I would love to have more get togethers! PARTY AT POGO'S!!

Mike is at the airport in Buffalo and should be home later this afternoon. It's bittersweet for him since he doesn't really want to leave all of those people behind, but he knows our home (right now) is here. I guess we'll have to see how motivated he is to sell off things here and make a move back there possible. I don't really care where we go to be honest with you. I'm about done with Albuquerque anyways.

Do you think this post was too long? I think I babbled on enough. Love you all, have a good one!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Which reminds me....will everyone from this part of the world(Ontario/Western & Central NY) PM me, please?

38 days till trip 1 and 100 days to trip 2!!!!
    I've never lived on the west side of any state. I've lived in three, and I've lived on the east side of all three. I even tend to live on the east side of town. Go figure.

Your next vacation is 102 days away!
    Can't wait to see you real soon! <<I'm at 102 days! A few weeks ago, I got a pin code and was able to change my resort from All Star Sports to PO French Quarter. I updated my signature last night. Do you think I'm going to go dance with the alligators.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Um, not me? I STILL haven't posted day 4 yet. Thats what a bad case of the lazies will do to you.

I lost 5 pounds yesterday. I can't eat hardly anything lately. Whatever. At least my clothes fit again!

Why is everyone from work texting me asking me what they should plan for school next week? I haven't even done my own plans yet.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care where we go to be honest with you. I'm about done with Albuquerque anyways.
    I feel you. I'm about done with NYC. I've lived in this apartment for 3+ years. That is the longest I've lived in any one place since ...?
    My last apt: 18 months
    before that: 12 months
    before that: 6 months
    before that: 10 months
    before that 1.5 years
    before that: 3 years
    before that: 9 or 10 years...we moved out in 95.

So yeah...this is the longest I've lived in any one place since 1995. Maybe it is better to measure the time you spend at a place in years instead of months?

Tomorrow is Carnival in Brooklyn. I'm going to Brooklyn (I think) but not to Carnival. They are expecting 3 MILLION people to attend. They are already marinating the meat LOL. Maybe I'll see some of the people on the train all dressed up. Last year I did and I had forgotten about it and I was like WHY are people dressed like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Your next vacation is 102 days away!
    Can't wait to see you real soon! <<I'm at 102 days! A few weeks ago, I got a pin code and was able to change my resort from All Star Sports to PO French Quarter. I updated my signature last night. Do you think I'm going to go dance with the alligators.
    Does this mean you can drop in and see me, since I'll be there too?

Tomorrow is Carnival in Brooklyn. I'm going to Brooklyn (I think) but not to Carnival. They are expecting 3 MILLION people to attend. They are already marinating the meat LOL. Maybe I'll see some of the people on the train all dressed up. Last year I did and I had forgotten about it and I was like WHY are people dressed like that.
    Wasn't that when saw the bellydancers?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    ZOOP!

Good morning all of you warm, wonderful, welcoming people! I hope everyone's day is perfectly pleasant! I haven't been on much the last couple of days and miss you all like crazy! Again for anyone who's keeping score, the bio-dads family went yet another week with no-call/no-show
    Carter's better off without them.

To all those who post and those who
    have a great day! to those in need and to all. Love ya!

Did I forget a question?
    Good morning, Carter. This is Gabby wishing you a wonderful day. You're going to WDW in a few days, and meet Mickey. You'll have a wonderful time.

Love to you.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooooooooops, I forgot MY question.

Carter, are you excited?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Blythe, you're in the double digits? Wahoo! Want some company with your dance?
    Absolutley!!

Have a great Sunday!!! Blythe, do you have any birthday cake to share?
    More than enough... and ice cream, too!!

I've been double digit dancin' for a couple of days now! Glad you are joining in! In another couple days we'll have a whole party of dancing!

Should we call it a sock-hop?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I'm on my way over to read them right now....

Absolutely would be wonderful to be so close to all of you guys, I feel so out in the middle of nowhere out here...
    I guess we'll have to see how motivated he is to sell off things here and make a move back there possible. I don't really care where we go to be honest with you. I'm about done with Albuquerque anyways.
    It'd be great having you guys up here.... if he gets back and decides he wants to make it a done deal, just let us know if there's anything we can do to help!!

So, our parties are over, the food's packed away and the presents are being played with.... I think Julia had a great birthday, and I think I need a vacation. When does school start again???

I'm off to work tonight, so I'll check in later... gotta go watch the Weather Channel for a bit and get stuff put together for tonight. See ya!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean you can drop in and see me, since I'll be there too?

Wasn't that when saw the bellydancers?
    Yes to POFQ. I still haven't put in a building request yet, but I had a dream where I was assigned to building 7. Have I mentioned I've been having strange dreams lately? The funny thing was, I woke up going "building 7 what?" and thinking oh yeah, POFQ has 7 buildings.

No, the bellydancers were for the Arabian Pride parade (Iran Parade). This is the East Indian (Caribbean) Parade and Carnival. The theme is something like "one world many cultures" or something. Some of the costumes in the parade have lots of feathers...I've never seen it in person but they always show some of it on tv. They all dress up with colors and flags from their island. Lots of bands, music, and food.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes to POFQ. I still haven't put in a building request yet, but I had a dream where I was assigned to building 7. Have I mentioned I've been having strange dreams lately? The funny thing was, I woke up going "building 7 what?" and thinking oh yeah, POFQ has 7 buildings.

No, the bellydancers were for the Arabian Pride parade (Iran Parade). This is the East Indian (Caribbean) Parade and Carnival. The theme is something like "one world many cultures" or something. Some of the costumes in the parade have lots of feathers...I've never seen it in person but they always show some of it on tv. They all dress up with colors and flags from their island. Lots of bands, music, and food.

We didn't put in a building request, did you Pogo? We figured we'd take whatever they give us, should I put a request in?

We have something like that up here called Carabana. It's like a week or two celebration, isn't it Jenn?

Tomorrow we head for the air show and Beaver tails!!! does anyone want me to get them any?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ