Quantcast No More POP CENTURY for us!!!!!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default No More POP CENTURY for us!!!!!!!

Just came back from WDW. Wow was it HOT!!!!!!!!
    This has been our 3rd time at Pop and I'm sure it'll be our Last. I have never seen so many machines in the Food Court that didn't work? One night I couldn't even rinse my cup, because he sink didn't work either.

As far the SMOKING POLICY???? Let me tell you.....My Husband and I are Smokers! I can't believe how I would walk out of my room and see people Smoking on Balconies!!!!!!!!! I even turned a person in, when I walked out of my room and down to the Food Court. I ran into a Manager (or what seemed to be). When I came out of the Food Court the Guys was still in the same place as what he was when I told him, and I was only in there for a minute or two.
    Another thing that bothered me about the Smoking issue was how many butts you see just laying all over the place on Property.

Again we are Smokers and we do Obey the laws! I just don't understand why some people have to ruin it for others.

And the last issue is, they only have about 3 or 4 tables by the Bar that you can Smoke at. What bothered me, was when we try to get a table and we see Families sitting at the tables eating and none of them Smoke? What is up with that???????????

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I am sorry to hear about your problems. Did you report the issues you had with the sink and the machines? Was anything done to rectify the problems? My DH is going with us for the first time in March and he is a smoker. He knows there are certain places he can and can't smoke. He has always been one to abide by the rules too and it makes all smokers look bad when others break the rules. I am not a smoker and it really ticks me off when they have rules that aren't enforced. I feel like if they can't enforce the rules why have them. My husband doesn't smoke if others at the table are eating and I have seen others do this and it's so rude.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you still had a good trip.
    Missouri Nurse
    Me (Kim), DH (Kenny), DS (Charlie)
    DD (Kimbra) DD Kaitlyn

March 2008 offsite-First trip Me and Kids
    March 2009 POR First Family Vacation

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they were aware of these Machine Problems, there were Out of Order signs on them.

And Yes, we did have a Good Time! I'm sure it would've been better if it wasn't too hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lebo View Post
    And Yes, we did have a Good Time! I'm sure it would've been better if it wasn't too hot.
    From your dining post it sounds like there were a lot of things that disappointed you this trip. That's too bad.

I totally agree on the smoking policy. It's been rehashed a billion times here on Intercot, but if you're going to have a policy you need to enforce it.

As for it being hot...actually it's been pretty cool this summer. July and August have both been below normal and June was right at normal. However, if you're coming from PA and not used to our Deep South weather I understand that cool is relative.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the problems on your trip.
    As for the smoking I am not surprised at all. I new that policy was going to be a joke when it was announced. That was nothing more than a PR stunt. It is really aggravating.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that some smokers disobey the smoking policy and but is not limited to Pop...as a former smoker who always obeyed the rules, it really bothers me as well.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have seen, smoking has always been an issue at Disney. We saw butts all over the ground at CBR the last time we stayed there so it is not just at Pop. This trip we will be POFQ so we will see what happens. The last trip we had a next door neighbor who pulled up his chair and ashtray and was smoking on the balcony right outside the door in a no smoking area-this was at CBR and nothing was done.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not I've been in lines for attractions more than once and had someone around me light a cigarette. DH and I are smokers and it doesn't bother us- but we would never light up around a child! How hard is it to find a smoking area?? Sheesh.
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TINKERBELL_82 View Post
    Believe it or not I've been in lines for attractions more than once and had someone around me light a cigarette. DH and I are smokers and it doesn't bother us- but we would never light up around a child! How hard is it to find a smoking area?? Sheesh.
    I do believe it because it has happened to me too. DH is a former smoker so I understand both sides. However, DH was a courteous smoker and I think the lack of courtesy among some smokers is just amazing. It's not just Pop though. We've experienced it everywhere on property. Some people just feel that their convenience is more important than the health and safety of others.

If I were the OP I would write a letter outlining the complaints I had about the resort. I don't know if it would really do any good, but at least then you could feel like you did all you could to bring it to their attention. For sure having so many machines out of order should be something they could address.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that your trip had some troubles with it. I can understand your frustration. DH and I are not smokers but my mother is and we brought her and my father for a trip last September. It was funny I was telling my mother before we left that there would be designated areas that she could smoke and she couldn't just light up wherever she wants. I told her that she better not be one of those people that my chat board complains about? "There was this little red headed lady smoking just wherever she felt like...geez!!" She found that the smoking areas were abundant and she never felt like she had to "sneak" a cigarette. I'm sorry it seems like the rules aren't being enforced. Hope you're next trip is more magical!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

This has been our 3rd time at Pop and I'm sure it'll be our Last. I have never seen so many machines in the Food Court that didn't work? One night I couldn't even rinse my cup, because he sink didn't work either.
    Wow, I really hope that they get this all fixed soon. Once free dining starts, the food courts are going to be mobbed.
    We had planned on upgrading to POR this year, but ended up booking POP again, as we are bringing my brother and his family. I have raved about POP for the last couple of years, so I really don't want our guests to be disappointed.
    Was the coke slushie machine working? My son has been raving about this to his cousin for 6 months now.
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know you could smoke at the tables around the bar. I thought you had to smoke at the designated areas. I'm not a smoker but I've been to that bar a few times and we always tried to find SOMEWHERE to sit and I never considered that only a few were allowed to be smoked at.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

I know last Sept. at the CBR there were ashtrays actually bolted to the umbellas so we knew that we were allowed to smoke at those tables near the Banana Cabana.Fortunately I won't be needing those this time(nine months without a butt) but I do feel for the smokers that are following the rules and having a few bad apples spoil it for them.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

When I went in June, we had the same problem with all the machines.

It was the ice machines, soda machines and the slushies! One night only one ice machine was working ... the line was so long for the one, I ended up not waiting and just drinking my Coke hot! Every time I went in their was at least one machine not working!

When we were there in Oct not one problem! Weird!

OP, sorry your trip was less than magical.

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I didn't even know you could smoke at the tables around the bar. I thought you had to smoke at the designated areas. I'm not a smoker but I've been to that bar a few times and we always tried to find SOMEWHERE to sit and I never considered that only a few were allowed to be smoked at.
    YEs, there are about 3 or 4 Tables with Ashtrys boltedto the Umbrella. And if you look on the Property Map. this is one of the Designated Smoking Ares.

Post Thanks / Like

[
    Was the coke slushie machine working? My son has been raving about this to his cousin for 6 months now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to tell you, but this is one of the Machines that were down. My Grandson wanted one everyday, but was never able to get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your problems at Pop. Unforunately these problem are property wide. In January I stayed at OKW and one of the soda machines wasn't working either. I will ask what time of day it was because as it gets closer to closing at the food court they do take several of the station offline at Pop. As for the Frozen Coke Machines these seem to be very troublesome all the time. I'm guessing it's over use since they are included with the refillable mugs. I have not had any major problems at Pop and really enjoy the resort but think it's starting to slip a little.

As for smoking the problem is also property wide. I am a recovering smoker having recently quit and noticed this on every trip and Disney doesn't enforce the policy.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about so many frustrations this trip! That's always so disappointing when you put so much into a trip like Disney! We too are Pop fans & hate hearing that so much was in disrepair! We were there during Spring Break & fortunately, didn't experience any of these problems. This was the first trip for us since the new smoking policy ( DH & myself are both smokers & smoking used to be permitted around the tables by the pool), but we had no problems using the new designated smoking areas & we never saw anyone at Pop or in the parks, at least that we noticed, smoking in an undesignated area. As in all of life, there are always those people that have no regard for rules or other people! Very sad, but I don't think this will ever change. But smoking is always a very touchy subject with people. It's unfortunate that some people just don't seem to care about other people's welfare!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

As far the SMOKING POLICY???? Let me tell you.....My Husband and I are Smokers! I can't believe how I would walk out of my room and see people Smoking on Balconies!!!!!!!!! I even turned a person in, when I walked out of my room and down to the Food Court. I ran into a Manager (or what seemed to be). When I came out of the Food Court the Guys was still in the same place as what he was when I told him, and I was only in there for a minute or two.
    Another thing that bothered me about the Smoking issue was how many butts you see just laying all over the place on Property.

Again we are Smokers and we do Obey the laws! I just don't understand why some people have to ruin it for others.

And the last issue is, they only have about 3 or 4 tables by the Bar that you can Smoke at. What bothered me, was when we try to get a table and we see Families sitting at the tables eating and none of them Smoke? What is up with that???????????
    Being in a smoking section means you are allowed to smoke, not that you have to smoke. Are you suggesting that the family and their children should be ordered to smoke?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking No POP for us

We stayed at All Star Sports. Their designated smoking area is just beyond the pool, but before you enter the main building. I think almost everyone abided it by it. However, getting back to the POP, I am not staying there again either, but for other reasons.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: