Quantcast #1disneyfan family vs Fay Day 1 & 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default #1disneyfan family vs Fay Day 1 & 2

Cast:

Me - 35 - #1disneyfan
    DH - 41 - had his birthday this trip
    DD - 12 - turning into a very nervous traveler!

Plans:

5 Nights Poly
    4 Nights Disney Wonder

Day (or should I say night) 1 -
    Well our trip started a little earlier than originally planned due to a great deal on airfare, so we were happily in Orlando a day earlier. After a long day at work, we arrived MCO at 11:15pm and checked into MCO Hyatt for the night. Very nice hotel, great rooms, great beds and a really cool view!

Day 2 -

After a great nights sleep, we quickly checked out their rooftop pool and then headed to Hemisphere (Hyatt's restaurant) and enjoyed our free breakfast buffet. Food was very good!

With our bellies full and bags in hand, we headed for ME. To our surprise, we were the only ones checking in and had the bus to ourselves! We were checking into the Poly at just 10:15am!

Checking in - well that was slightly frustrating! Our CM checking us in was confused and took some time to get everything in order. They had us staying just 2 nights, instead of 5. Once I told her we were doing the land/sea vacation package with 2 added nights, she quickly found the second package. Then she printed our Keys to the World with a 4 day park hopper that would start the next day! We purchased a 5 day hopper and needed it to start today! ARG! Well there was nothing she could do so we had to visit guest relations when we hit the parks to purchase another day for each ticket and advance the days.

I think at this point we were both slightly aggravated and I think this is why we got the room we did!! I requested, through a friend, a room that was close to the main house and laundry facilities. Well we were at Rapa Nui and it was a far cry from close to anything! And, no offense to anyone out there, but it was a handicap accessible room! This made things challenging for my tall husband when trying to wash his hair! And you would think a handicap accessible room would be closer and no so far away from everything. But whatever, we sucked it up and tried to enjoy ourselves, we were in Disney after all!

So after some unpacking and putting our groceries away from Garden Grocer (which I would do again in a heartbeat! Great idea!) we headed off to guest services at Epcot. After waiting in line for 30 minutes to get our tickets fixed, we were through the gates! YIPPEE!

We rode, Soarin', TT, MS, Ellen's Energy, Turtle Talk, and Imagination. In between rides we all enjoyed a pretzel for lunch and had some soda in Club Cool. My DD and I were talking about the soda's and I told her the best one was the Beverly so my DH would hear and try it. Well she totally missed my hint and she tried it! She was a little mad at me, but laughed it off when I told her about my scheme!

After checking out Future World we headed to WS. Our original plan was to eat dinner around the world. We were going to get one small item from each counter service and share it. We hit Mexico's boat ride and then out to the counter service. We shared the "Plato Combinacion" which was tasty. Then it was off to Norway. We shared a Schoolbread here and sadly we knew at this point we would never make it around the world! We were already getting stuffed! After a quick ride on Maelstrom, we were onto China. We shared a shrimp fried rice, egg roll and orange chicken. After eating this, we were done! We had nice seats outside and were able to catch the fireworks from illuminations which was a bonus!

Now that we were officially done eating, we headed to Japan. Our DD wanted to pick a pearl in the worst way. She picked a great pinkish pearl that was 7mm. We had it set and then headed back to the Poly as we were exhausted!

Next up...Day 3 DHS and a major letdown!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your chaotic check in hopefully everything else goes better.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day, despite the rough start. I keep hearing good things about the schoolbread. I will have to put it on my "Must Do List" for October.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, I am not looking forward to hearing about the meltdown! Nice try with the Beverly, glad that your dd could laugh it off. Looking forward to hearing more.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. I hate to hear how confused the CM was. We are doing a land/sea in Dec 09. I hope this doesn't happen to us. Glad it all worked out.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had some issues at your Ploy check in. But all in all it sounds like you are of to a wonderful start. What a great day at Epcot. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I can relate to check in problems at the Poly!! We were there two weeks ago and had some issues. I don't think we were in a handicapped room like you guys, however, you mentioned the difficulty your husband had showering. Well, US too!! The shower head was so low! My DH had trouble too, I am 5'5" and I couldn't imagine being any taller and being able to stand comfortably under that shower!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry check in was so difficult. But I don't understand why you had to purchase another day for your ticket if you already bought a five day pass. I'm a little !
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I can relate to check in problems at the Poly!! We were there two weeks ago and had some issues. I don't think we were in a handicapped room like you guys, however, you mentioned the difficulty your husband had showering. Well, US too!! The shower head was so low! My DH had trouble too, I am 5'5" and I couldn't imagine being any taller and being able to stand comfortably under that shower!
    We were there the same time as you! It might have been a handicap room too, it was a handheld shower head and was very low. There was no way to move it up either. Hope you had a great time also!

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Sorry check in was so difficult. But I don't understand why you had to purchase another day for your ticket if you already bought a five day pass. I'm a little !
    We supposedly had bought a 5 day park hopper, but there was no record of it, just a 4 day. My TA said Disney probably messed up when I added the 2 nights. It only cost us an additional $9, but I didn't want to give WDW any more of my money than necessary!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the problems you had checking in! It sounds like the rest of your day was wonderful though!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly frustrating when things get messed up! Sorry you had some disappointments to start off your trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Monica!

I remember you and I talking when you were planning this trip! I am glad to finally read about it. (I know it's been a little while since you posted this report, but I just recently got back on Intercot when I came on to post my 9/4 trip report. I've been so busy, but glad to be back reading reports.) I hate that your check in didn't go so well, but it sounds like you had a really nice day at Epcot. Going to read more...
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: