Quantcast How to get free dining?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to get free dining?

Ok, booked next trip for sept. 2009. If im lucky and they offer free dining .

Do I have to call Disney direct ask them for it?

Booked on-line with Walt Disney .

How does that work?

09/12 Wilderness Lodge
    09/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Club Level
    09/09 Disney Cruise Line Wonder
    09/09 Wilderness Lodge
    08/07 Wilderness Lodge, 1st Anniversary
    08/06 Port Orleans, Honeymoon
    WDW 05/05 Off Property , Engagement
    WDW 06/02 Family Trip

859 days until next trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free dining

If they are going to have free dining next year which is likely. Keep an eye on this site around march-April 2009 and you will see it announced. At that time you can phone Disney and tell them you heard that they have the free dining when you are due to go, Ask them to please add this to your reservation and if it is available they will. This is exactly how it has worked for the past 3 years that I know of. I have done it twice this way myself with absolutely no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

As the previous person said, you basically have to wait until they announce the special. When they do, you'll have a chance to call and have them "upgrade" your reservation to the free dining, if they have it available for your chosen resort and/or package.

Keep in mind that if you booked at any special rate, you'll lose that rate and pay whatever the rack rate for the free dining plan is. I think you will also have to purchase Magic Your Way base tickets for anyone wanting the free dining add-on.

Basically, keep tabs here on Intercot and watch for the announcement. While it's not guaranteed to come, I think Disney has had success with it and will likely offer it again.

Unfortunately we just missed out on the free dining booking "window" for our trip next week, as our trip was planned in mid-July as almost a "last minute" thing, but at least we got the highly discounted room rate
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

The most reliable and hassle-free way of getting discounts for Disney trips is to support the Intercot sponsor, Magical Journeys. I've never taken advantage of free dining, but we always book our resort stay through Melissa and then when discounts are released down the line, we don't have to do a thing. She automatically converts our reservation over to the discounted rate for us and just lets us know about the savings. Personally, I would contact Magical Journeys and see whether free dining is something they monitor and automatically add on when it becomes available. You can always cancel your existing reservation. That way, you're sure not to miss the boat. Happy planning!
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing... Make sure that if/when you change your reservation over to one with the "Free DDP" you are sure that this is the best option for you/your family. Often, when you get into the Moderate and Deluxe resorts, the Room Only discount available is a better deal. Also, if I understand correctly, the "Free DDP" for next year will be the "QS Only" version.

Again, I would suggest transferring your reservation to one of the wonderful agents at Magical Journeys and allow them to take care of finding the best situation for you/your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey 101 View Post
    Personally, I would contact Magical Journeys and see whether free dining is something they monitor and automatically add on when it becomes available. You can always cancel your existing reservation.
    I totally agree about Magical Journeys!!! Wendy has booked 3 trips for us now, including one this weekend when I got a "free" dining pin code for the first week of October (first time I've ever gotten a pin code offer!! ). It's nice to see her come through even when the trip is being booked less than a month before we leave!

You usually don't have to cancel your existing reservation, however, to book with MJ. They can generally just transfer it over. Just contact them and they'll let you know the process. Then when whatever fall discount is released next year, whether it be "free" dining or something else, they will automatically get you the best deal.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

If I have already paid 1800.00 on my trip, can I still transfer it to magical Journeys?

I booked magic your way park hopper tickets with the full rack rate for sept . 2009.

8 nights.

09/12 Wilderness Lodge
    09/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Club Level
    09/09 Disney Cruise Line Wonder
    09/09 Wilderness Lodge
    08/07 Wilderness Lodge, 1st Anniversary
    08/06 Port Orleans, Honeymoon
    WDW 05/05 Off Property , Engagement
    WDW 06/02 Family Trip

859 days until next trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro0826 View Post
    If I have already paid 1800.00 on my trip, can I still transfer it to magical Journeys?
    I believe you can. Just go to their site here, request a quote and they'll get with you quickly.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Also, if I understand correctly, the "Free DDP" for next year will be the "QS Only" version.
    I booked with the BounceBack Free Dining offer last week and as of right now,the Free Dining Package is not the QS, it is the same as it has been in the past. That doesn't mean that they won't offer the QS as the Free Dining Package at a later date though. I'm really interested to see if they offer it again in the spring myself.
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: