Quantcast Stitch's Great Escape - Love it or Hate It? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Love or hate Stitch's Great Escape?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it - Keep the ride

40 19.42%
  • Bring back Alien Encounter

48 23.30%
  • Hate it - Replace with something new

118 57.28%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

While I do not hate the ride, I actually preferred AI. It was great to go on and watch first timers scream!!!
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hated Alien Encounter (I don't like scary things. I'm a wuss, I know.)

I didn't like Stitch, either. It wasn't fun - it was unpleasant and I wanted it to be over. I felt trapped and abused.

And that Chili Dog smell is something I'll never forget.
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNut2005 View Post
    Guess my post mentioning that PhilharMagic's creators also created SGE has gone ignored...
    For good reason, just because someone does something good, doesn't mean they're incapable of something not so good. Look at Eisner's first 10 years and his second 10 years.
    You can keep your opinions, but your views are still subjective at best.
    Really, you need to drop that arguement. Opinions are subjective, your included, that makes no sense.
    I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original. Just because some of the imagineers who worked on it might have designed attractions I like has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion.
    First you vehemently disagreed with this post, then...
    I should also add that one reason why I may sound ticked off is because the unrational sites tend to bash the Imagineers far too frequently instead of placing the blame where it really does lie.
    You agreed with it!

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

You know that none of that is true.

Everything that Disney makes is solely for entertainment purposes only. Any profitability that comes along with it is nothing more than extra icing on the cake.

You can keep your opinions, but your views are still subjective at best.
    First off I know for a fact certain rides such as AE and Mr Toad were changed to sell merchandise.
    In the case of Mr Toad at WDW some Imagineers that left the company have even admitted to it. Winnie the Pooh was a hot seller and he wasn't represented in the parks so they did a cheaper version of Pooh's Honey Hunt and have you exit out into the Pooh gift shop. The same thing was done at Disneyland except in this case it was the Country Bears getting the axe for Pooh. The same is true for AE changing to Stitch since he bacame very popular and they wanted to get him into the parks as quickly and cheaply as possible. These points are not subjective they are facts. Why do you think Disney redid Journey into Your Imagination to bring Figment back and spent their own money doing it? Well it's simple Figment sold more merchandise in Epcot than Mickey sold in the Magic Kingdom.

As for Disney not doing anything for Profit that's just crazy everything they do is for pure profit they are a business plain and simple.

Me liking something or not liking something is subjective but I am also giving factual reason for some of the changes. I also believe these reason effect the work of the imagineers and they often forced to work with lower budgets and tight time constraints and might not be able to do a masterpiece each time the design an attraction. I'm sure they hate doing these on the cheap quick fixes more than we can imagine.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    You agreed with it!

I did not!

Please do not turn my words around to make me look bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not!

Please do not turn my words around to make me look bad.
    Well then....
    I should also add that one reason why I may sound ticked off is because the unrational sites tend to bash the Imagineers far too frequently instead of placing the blame where it really does lie.
    I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original.
    please explain the disagreement, they look pretty similar to me...

Post Thanks / Like

Moderator Warning--

Please folks, let's avoid the back-and-forth bickering that is starting to develop here. Bottom line is that the appeal of every attraction is subjective, dependent on who the audience is. Therefore people are entitled to like or dislike it as they wish. So for those of you who have already stated your case for or against Stitch's Great Escape, it's time to move on and let others have their say.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Moderator Warning--

Please folks, let's avoid the back-and-forth bickering that is starting to develop here. Bottom line is that the appeal of every attraction is subjective, dependent on who the audience is. Therefore people are entitled to like or dislike it as they wish. So for those of you who have already stated your case for or against Stitch's Great Escape, it's time to move on and let others have their say.
    Sorry, that was the point I was making.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I like the ride ok but I would like to see some
    thing else there. I would not want AE back as
    it is about the same as Stitch to me.
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    MARCH 2009.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in as one who has never really enjoyed SGE.
    1. The shoulder restraint is insanely uncomfortable for me, and I'm a short dude.
    2. It goes over the top with the gross out factor.
    3. Inconsistencies with the story line when compared to the movie (which has already been addressed in this thread).

I understand why they discontinued the AE show. MK is a park geared to the kiddies, and AE was a major departure from that.

I'm not placing the blame on anybody for the way I feel about the ride. There are hits and there are misses in every aspect of life, this was just a miss.

Yes, my opinion is completely subjective, but I feel pretty good about it. I'm guessing the majority of those who voted on this thread feel pretty good about thier subjectiveness also.

I voted to bring back AE, but the more I think about it, the more I think they should just try again.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Where's the "never-rode-it-because-of-the-negative-publicity" button?

I wasn't a big fan of AE, either, just because of the "discomfort factor."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRocker View Post
    I understand why they discontinued the AE show. MK is a park geared to the kiddies, and AE was a major departure from that.
    I was completely amazed how many times I saw little kids in line for the attraction. A cast member would warn the parent over and over and over, "this is a scary attraction for little kids". Parent and kid went in, kid screamed through the whole thing. Certainly not the fault of the child, scared is scared, but you'd think the parent might think about it.
    Yes, my opinion is completely subjective, but I feel pretty good about it. I'm guessing the majority of those who voted on this thread feel pretty good about thier subjectiveness also.

I don't know whatever came of it, but there may well have been another reason for replacing AE. Jeffery Jones, one of the actors in AE had some legal problems involving kids. Again, I don't know how it turned out, but, I'd bet that was a contributing factor.

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE THAT RIDE! When we first went on it was horrible. Also the restraints they hurt your shoulders badly, and the smells make you sick. We had 14 people ride it and, no one liked it.
    I love the Jonas Brothers!

Post Thanks / Like

there is a trick to those restraints,you have to sit up as tall as possible when they come down,once they are locked in they don't move,so then you can slouch to your sitting positions and they won't be so tight(little trick from the birnbaum guide)
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I've ridden the Mission to Mars, AE and SGE. I LOVED Mission to Mars the 1st time (I was 13). I LOVED AE. I HATED Stitch. They are trying to hard and also didn't try hard enough. The smells are unnecessary a hard puff of air would be enough....a child's imagination would provide the rest. The attraction needed more than just new restraints that go down to a child's level and a giant animatronics Stitch in a tube. That being said, the Imagineers were most likely told to work with what they already had in place and not to run costs up too much. Looking at that...they did a decent job with what they had. I think keeping Stitch there is a marketing smart, but revamp the ride. Improve what you have, knock the rushed cheapness out of it and for the sake of humanity and many stomachs - get rid of the smells. Will I ride it when DH and I visit for our anniversary in 21 days? Don't know, but I won't be doing it with out a mask of some sort and definately not right after a meal. I hope I made some sense with my post. Thanks for reading to the end.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE stitch

hate the ride.
    Last trip: June 2006- HS Graduation
    Next trip: September 2010!!! Uncles first trip since WDW opened!

Ray Rice #27
    Baltimore Ravens HON!

Post Thanks / Like

It was pretty awful. All you do is sit there and watch this huge audio-animatronic fart in your face.
    Next trip: DL Oct '09 with my mom, sister, and best friend!!

Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LavaLamp View Post
    It was pretty awful. All you do is sit there and watch this huge audio-animatronic fart in your face.
    Ummmmmm.....which ride is that?
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Love it, you gotta love Stitch.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a ride but a show with special effects. And yes I've seen the show many times. It has grown on me. The shoulder harness/scanners are a part of the special effects and that's why the show has a height restriction on it.
    There are a couple moments of complete darkness with loud noises and flashing lights, with a child/adults active imagination can be very frightnening(sp). Believe me I've seen kids as old as ten freak out inside the theatre.
    It's not a ride or a 3-D movie but a show with special effects. Just the harness/scanners move during the third part of the show.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: