Quantcast Autograph books

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Autograph books

Post Thanks / Like

Question Autograph books

We're going down to Disney the first week in May (can't get here fast enough). We're staying off site at a time share and are not going to be going to the parks the day we arrive. We have ressies at CRT for 8:30 the next morning and I was wondering if there will be any stores open at that time so that DS3 will be able to get an autograph book for everyone to sign at the breakfast?
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are flying, you can get autograph books at either of the Disney stores at the Orlando airport. If not, I can't say for sure but I think the shop just inside the entrance to MK before you pass under the railroad station is open early. Hopefully CaptainJessicaSparrow or another CM will see this thread and can answer for sure.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

You could run over to DTD for a little pre-Disney Celebration and purchase an autograpg book the night before. I do not remember if the stores at the front were open when we entered the park before actual opening the last time I had early ADR's. I know the stores on Main Street are not open.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

You can also find them on Ebay. Make sure your search is for Disney World autograph books, new. Still double check the description to make sure you aren't getting one for Disneyland. Don't forget a big pen!! Have a great trip!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Or make your own!

Get a small art or scrapbooking book from a local craft store. Get some Disney stickers and let your som help you decorate it. If you are crafty, you can do what we do and design a page for each character too.

Lots of fun for those pre-trip hours!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Last year before our anniversary trip, I took a lesson from DD for her children. I went to Michael's and got a Disney 8X8 scrapbook that had removable cardstock and sleeves. I bought some generic cardstock and cut it to the correct size myself so I would have enough. I bought colored sharpies and put them in a zip lock bag along with the pages. That was all I had to carry to the parks. I would have each character we saw sign on one side and I put their picture on the other side (when we got home) and put each page in the book each night when we got back to our room. I would carry a new stack with me the next day. I paid a pretty penny for the book at Michael's and when I got home, I found the same book and lots of other cute ones on eBay at a much cheaper price so next year when we go, I will order one off eBay and do the same thing. You can personalize it any way you want. Keep the book and pages in a zip lock bag in case it rains so it won't get wet. The pages outside the book are easier for the characters to sign than trying to hold a little autograph book open.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Typically, the stores outside the parks are open by them such as the exit stores, and I also believe the Emporium will be open by then, even if the park isn't open until 9 (because we know people need autograph books, princess dresses, etc).

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for you help. I like the idea of having the kids make their own autograph books, it'll make them feel special to be able to show Mickey and everyone what they made!
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

Post Thanks / Like

For my kids first trip last year I made them autograph books. It was really easy. I got cardstock 8 x 11 by size and printed pages by using clip art and frames that I found online. I made it so that each "page" was 5x7 size so that the pages could be cut exactly in half. I printed with the Mickey fon't on the pages as well. I did many character specific pages and also did some "generic" disney pages for characters that we didn't have a specific page for. I grouped like characters together based on where we were going ( ie... mickey, minnie, donald, chip and dale for our breakfast at chef mickeys ) pooh and friend for crystal palace ect. I then took the pages ( uncut ) to an office supply store (large chain, not sure if I can list the name or not so I didn't) They cut the pages for me and bound the books with a spiral bind and clear cover. It was very inexpensive and it was personalized. The characters all made a big deal about having themeselves on the pages that they were signing. I will say that it was bigger and a little bulkier than I would have liked becuase I was carrying two of them around but it was their first trip and I wanted it to be special. When we go back I think I will do the cardstock option with the photo book as mentioned above. I thnk that would be cute, or just let them get the standard autograph book.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Personalized and homemade ones are really loved by the characters. They find it really impressive and unique, especially because it shows that you though specifically of them.

Just make sure you get both Chip and Dale....we had a little girl who had a book and she had a page for Chip...but not Dale....and he was very sad about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Restaurants that do character dining actually sell autograph books themselves, you can add them on to your bill and they're the same price they'd be in the giftshops.
    Although I agree that homemade scrapbooks are awesome, especially when you make room for pics beside the autographs. Because usually autograph books just sit on a shelf until the next trip, but when they're incorporated into a photo album you'll cherish them forever.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: