Quantcast Room rehab at CSR - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    buzz2001 Guest

Thanks for sharing!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    buzz2001 Guest

buzz2001 Guest

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=chechas;1798252

The room is lacking in color though. The curtains are bright and colorful so wish they had brought that color into the rest of the room.

I like the room but I do wish there was a little more Disney personality in it. It looks very adult and contemporary and generic but lacking that certain "sparkle" that is Disney magic. My daughter said that it looks like we are staying at the Hilton or something not on Disney property. Just our 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It seems a little strange that the resort is so beautifully colored on the outside but not in the rooms.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    I agree. It seems a little strange that the resort is so beautifully colored on the outside but not in the rooms.
    The rooms used to be brightly colored. It section was different. Folks didn't like that either. <snip>"darned" if they do, <snip> "darned" if they don't.
    Last edited by TammiMcMan; 12-30-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Edited in a more family friendly word

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2001 View Post
    The rooms used to be brightly colored. It section was different. Folks didn't like that either. <snip> "darned" if they do, <snip> "darned" if they don't.
    I will never understand that. Now they just look like hospital rooms.
    Last edited by TammiMcMan; 12-30-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post to reflect a more family friendly term
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

lilolvr Guest

It's all a matter of taste. I think they look more upscale and deluxe like.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the picture did look like the rooms were not very colorful..however I agree the look was more contemporary and upscale. A very grown up look. But really, most kids do not care if the rooms are colorful or not..they are just there for the fun! I would like it I think, i thought the new room pics look great...but how long can that white bedding stay whote. I guess there is always bleach!
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

I like the new look too, but I wish there were a table and chairs instead of a desk with only 1 chair. I was thinking the same thing about how hard its going to be to keep those bedspreads clean!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belle94 View Post
    I like the new look too, but I wish there were a table and chairs instead of a desk with only 1 chair. I was thinking the same thing about how hard its going to be to keep those bedspreads clean!
    I think with the two queen beds they had to eliminate something. We never use the table and chairs (except to collect junk), but I imagine families with small kids used the table more often. We usually get our food at Pepper Market or Rix Cafe and eat outside by the lake.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

buzz2001 Guest

All buildings in every village now have queen beds. The only rooms left with full size beds are the 100 rooms that will be converted to king size beds. These rooms are scattered throughout the resort. Cabana 9b (Club Level rooms) has reopened and pictures of the redone rooms are filtering in. The room rehab has also begun in the casita section. Casita 1, 2 & 3, 4th floor are done as are some rooms in Cabana 9a. Work is on hold until after the holidays.

buzz2001 Guest

The opening of the club level rooms in cabana 9b may be on hold. Some people are reporting that they have been offered free upgrades to other concierge resorts for their club level reservations at CSR. Turns out the soft opening of CSR concierge rooms didn't go as planned and they will be revamping a bit. For the foreseeable future, CSR will only use the rooms as Business Club Level for convention groups that book those rooms. Otherwise they will be used for leisure guests but the lounge will not be open to them. So I don't know if foreseeable future means forever or until they straighten out the kinks since the concierge rooms didn't go as planned and they are going back to the drawing board.

So anyone wanting to request a room in cabana 9b, go ahead.

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Belle94 View Post
    I think the rooms had ottomans too but not 100%. I'll post more pics while I'm there next month.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Are all of the rooms being refurbed? Or is it restricted to changes in the beds?
    Might be staying at CSR for the first time this March and the photos and info being shared here is great. Thanks!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyorBust View Post
    Are all of the rooms being refurbed? Or is it restricted to changes in the beds?
    Might be staying at CSR for the first time this March and the photos and info being shared here is great. Thanks!

The entire resort is being rehabbed. All of the rooms getting queen beds have them. There are about 100 rooms that will be getting new king beds. Cabanas 9B, Castias 1, 2 and 3's 4th floors are done as is part of Cabanas 9A. They put a halt to the rehab during the holidays but have now resumed. The rehab began October 08 and is scheduled to be completed October 09.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2001 View Post
    I think the rooms had ottomans too but not 100%. I'll post more pics while I'm there next month.
    There were 2 small ottomans in our room.
    Rhonda

buzz2001 Guest

I got my Magical Express tags and vouchers today!!

Post Thanks / Like

isn't that almost the best feeling in the world??
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dawneeeey View Post
    isn't that almost the best feeling in the world??
    Yes, and this was better!! I got my packet today!! And there was lots of stuff I didn't know I was getting.

30 min free arcade card - That will be good for DD.
    $15.00 Meal voucher for Planet Hollywood
    a voucher for a free Planet Hollywood souvenir merchandise keepsake
    a sea ray voucher - 90 mons for the price of 60 mins (up to 5 people)
    a mini golf voucher good for one free round
    4 new luggage tags which I needed
    and of course the $200 gift card voucher.

buzz2001 Guest

27 more days!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: