Quantcast Room rehab at CSR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    buzz2001 Guest

Default Room rehab at CSR

the rehab has started on the top floor of Casita 1, this sign was put up yesterday.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Thanks for the update!

Post Thanks / Like

Which buildings have been done so far?
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryBoy View Post
    Which buildings have been done so far?
    Only 9B--which is Club Level. Casitas 1 and 2 are the first of the "regular" rooms to start getting the full makeover (although all rooms in the resort have the queen beds).
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
    Only 9B--which is Club Level. Casitas 1 and 2 are the first of the "regular" rooms to start getting the full makeover (although all rooms in the resort have the queen beds).
    Kathy, casitas 1 and 3 are first

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2001 View Post
    Kathy, casitas 1 and 3 are first
    Thanks, Buzz, for correcting me.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

buzz2001 Guest

I can report that the 4th floor of building 1 is finished. Although the rooms still smell heavily of paint. They are now converting the 4th floor of casitas 2 and 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think any of the Cabanas will be finished by mid-July 2009? We are thinking about staying at CSR and Cabanas would be my first choice, but a refurbished room would also be really nice.
    Thanks for the updates Buzz. I assume you work at CSR? What do you do?
    I Am That Hero!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. We were thinking of staying there this summer since it has been 7 years since we have been there. Now if there the place is getting refurb, all the more reason to go again.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

buzz2001 Guest

Do you think any of the Cabanas will be finished by mid-July 2009? We are thinking about staying at CSR and Cabanas would be my first choice, but a refurbished room would also be really nice.
    Thanks for the updates Buzz. I assume you work at CSR? What do you do?
    No, I don't work there but I have quite a few acquaintances that help me out.

If they continue in their current direction of the casitas, to the ranchos and finish up with the cabanas, I doubt any will be done in July. I'll keep posting updates on the progress though.

buzz2001 Guest

Building 9b has been completed and CSR will go live with business club level at the first of next year. Some CM's will see the new lounge on the 16th.

Renovations have been completed on the 4th floors of bldgs 1,2,and 3. All is progressing nicely. Check ahead as to where the work is going on. The third floors of those buildings were noisy; but only during the day (regular work hours). Most will be in the parks at that time, so it is no big deal. But if you have infants that will need mid-day nap, ask when you are checking in.

The quiet pool at bldg 4 is being rehabbed. Should be finished soon.

CSR has the resort shuttle running from 7 pm until 2 or 3 am. It seems strange; but they received more complaints about the shuttle service when they are running it, than when they don't.......so CSR has cut it out during the daylight hours unless a convention group pays for the extra service.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the continued updates!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    Thanks for the continued updates!
    No problem!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2001 View Post
    CSR has the resort shuttle running from 7 pm until 2 or 3 am. It seems strange; but they received more complaints about the shuttle service when they are running it, than when they don't.......so CSR has cut it out during the daylight hours unless a convention group pays for the extra service.

What was there to complain about? Were people being chase by mad shuttle drivers? I found it to be a nice and unobtrusive service. People are weird...

PS. Anybody able to sneak a picture of the new rooms?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post

What was there to complain about? Were people being chase by mad shuttle drivers? I found it to be a nice and unobtrusive service. People are weird...

PS. Anybody able to sneak a picture of the new rooms?

Frequency, people want it there when they walk out the door. Also, if it was full and could not stop.

buzz2001 Guest

For anyone staying after the 19th of Dec. in Cabanas 9A you are in for a totally redone room. The whole building is empty of guests and an army of workers has begun to remodel the rooms. The rooms are being emptied totally, electric, painting, some woodwork and tile work are being performed. There has been trailers full of old furniture being taken away and the way it is being handled it is not coming back. The quiet pool was not so quiet today!

Cleaned out.

This is one of the papers taped to the window of a unit. It shows the order of things to be done and by which trade. The completion date for them is the 19th.

Another telling the trades the items for this room and locations in the room.

This one shows a bunch of rooms with the papers in the windows and a couple of the guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabanas 9A are the new club rooms right?
    I Am That Hero!

Hit it.

buzz2001 Guest

Cabanas 9A are the new club rooms right?
    cabana 9b

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

So the rooms in 9A are the traditional rooms? That means they are going to be some remodeled Cabanas for our July trip? This would be most excellent.
    I Am That Hero!

Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the updates! We are staying at CSR for the first time the last week of Jan. We already requested a Cabana room and it would be awesome if we got a refurbed room.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: