Quantcast Room rehab at CSR - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    buzz2001 Guest

Here are a few photos of the gorgeous newly renovated rooms at CSR in casita 1

How's that TV!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!!! We leave on Friday ( Dec 19) for 8 nights at Coronado! I am so going to have to request one of these remodeled rooms for the TV alone!LOL

Thanks for the pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that looks really nice. Thanks Buzz for sharing those.

Have a great trip, chechas!

buzz2001 Guest

Here are some more pics of the newly renovated rooms.

There is a light above the bed. The headboard is wooden as well with carved detail and I believe there is also some leather type of padding on it as well.

Flat screen TV with dvd player underneath. There is an ice bucket with glasses and a coffee maker with coffee mugs as well. The refrigerator is pretty good sized as well.

The large dark wooden panels on either side of the doorway are actually sliding doors that close for privacy in the sink/bathroom area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any suggestions CSR Man!

We always request a room in Cabanas 9b and are always accommodated. However, when I called to reserve for our trip for early May 2009, I was told that the rooms are completely taken. So we asked for Casitas 1. I really like the feeling of the Cabanas location, but still want to be close to the Pepper Market and #1 bus stop. Any suggestions?
    82, 84, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 92, - Poly
    96 - Grand Floridian
    04 - Beach Club
    05 - POP
    06 - Wilderness Lodge
    07 - Coronado Springs
    07 - All Star Music
    08 - 11 Coronado Springs
    12 - Old Key West Villa
    13 - Old Key West Villa
    13 - Coronado Springs
    14 - Old Key West Villa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JIMINY13 View Post
    We always request a room in Cabanas 9b and are always accommodated. However, when I called to reserve for our trip for early May 2009, I was told that the rooms are completely taken.
    Cabanas 9b is the new Club Level building, so that would explain why you could not request it if you have a regular room reservation.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question - Should I call or fax my room request (if so 3 days out?) or just wait until I get there?

Thanks!
    ~CC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chechas View Post
    Quick question - Should I call or fax my room request (if so 3 days out?) or just wait until I get there?

Thanks!
    ~CC

We always put our quest in with our reservations and then fax three days ahead of time.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

ooo. pretty. Thanks for posting. Now I'm thinking I should actually do a room request! I have only done it once before, for my first trip staying on property, and got what I asked for but I'm really very easy going and am just happy to be going to Disney!! But now that I have seen pictures...
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! We will be there Friday at CSR as well. I'm excited about the Tvs but curious about the queen beds. I called to double-check since I've said before that our 4 year old sleeps with us and the cast member told me that all the beds are still doubles and no queens. I called the resort line for CSR. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by chechas View Post
    Very nice!!! We leave on Friday ( Dec 19) for 8 nights at Coronado! I am so going to have to request one of these remodeled rooms for the TV alone!LOL

Thanks for the pics.
    Jo Marie
    Mom to Princess Hannah

1986-Day Trip
    5/06-Port Orleans Riverside
    2/07-Pop Century/ASM
    9/07 Pop Century
    Upcoming:
    8/08-Day Trip
    12/08 Coronado Springs Resort for Hannah's 5th Birthday!!

buzz2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by USCTinkerbell View Post
    Cool! We will be there Friday at CSR as well. I'm excited about the Tvs but curious about the queen beds. I called to double-check since I've said before that our 4 year old sleeps with us and the cast member told me that all the beds are still doubles and no queens. I called the resort line for CSR. Is this true?
    They have to say that because there are still a few rooms with doubles. CSR is converting 100 double bed rooms to king rooms but not until they are rehabbed. But 90% have queen beds.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much! Does this mean I need to send in a request or wait until check in and beg for a room with queens in it?
    Jo Marie
    Mom to Princess Hannah

1986-Day Trip
    5/06-Port Orleans Riverside
    2/07-Pop Century/ASM
    9/07 Pop Century
    Upcoming:
    8/08-Day Trip
    12/08 Coronado Springs Resort for Hannah's 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just booked a stay in early Jan! I hadn't heard about this refurb until after I booked it, but now I'm excited I might be able to stay in a refurbished room.

Thanks buzz (and others) for all the info!
    CaptainDisney, aka Kevin

Former CP, Fall 2007
    Seasonal Cast Member: Monorail Pilot

buzz2001 Guest

Here's a few more room pics.

Shower with curved shower curtain rod:

Fountain in El Centro:

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!! 2 more days...I am getting sooo excited! Hope we get one of the new rooms!

Thanks for sharing!
    ~CC

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - Nice, and these are standard rooms? We wre there last week and we req 8a or 8b, got Ranchos 7b. Location was OK but it was an adjoining room and you felt like the other family was IN you room. After 2 nights of being awaken several times I requested we move! In additon to the adjoining room..well let me say it is good they are updating the rooms there. The armoire door was just swinging around when open..had to be propped..a hazard with kids in the room. The room was just very beat up. I was not pleased with the room and neither was my husband (and he is NOT one to complain). The first room in Ranchos was really NOT very clean either. The windows were filthy..just disgusting. We were moved to Cabanas 8B - at my request, I asked I be accomodated due to the inconvenience of having to move. The second room was not adjoining and was fine. Cleaner but still PRETTY beat up!!!!

Having said that..and knowing that by next time when we go the room will be remodeled..I would probably stay there again. The pepper mkt was nice, not at all confusing. The ground were nice. I liekd CBR too, it would be a toss up..but Dh absolutely preferred CSR.

I may write a letter about the condition and lack of cleanliness of the room ...but I will probably skip it and who would I write it too?

If I knew how nice the casita room were Iw oudl have requested a new room..and just had a longer walk to the pool and el centro.
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

The rooms in 9B look almost identical to what was posted above. We had a king room there from the 6th to 16th, and it was very nice.
    Rhonda

buzz2001 Guest

Default More pics!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for the pics Buzz! I'm not sure what I think about the renovation. I like the flat screen tv's, but is it me, or do the rooms seem to have less personality?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

We are here and not only did we get one of the newly rehabbed rooms, we were also upgraded to waterview. The room is very nice. I just stayed here in September in one of the olds rooms so I have a few comparisons to make. Here are pics of various views from our room:
    Waterview
    ElCentro
    fountain

I am not so sure about the all white bedding. While nice and chic, I don't see how the comforters etc will stay white, must be hard to maintain. The room is lacking in color though. The curtains are bright and colorful so wish they had brought that color into the rest of the room.
    Curtains

Also 3 of the walls are cream and they have a cream border with a tannish pattern on it. Then the accent wall behind the beds is a soft aqua color with a soft aqua border with a darker aqua pattern. Really does not stand out.
    CreamBorder
    AquaBorder

The carpet is a terra cota color with starbursts in it. I like the carpet.
    Carpet
    Also I think the room lost some storage space in the new dresser with the built in frig. The old armour had 3 long drawers and the the new dresser has 6 shorter drawers but the new one seems to have smaller drawers as in two drawers side by side are not as long as the old armour.

The desk is a nice touch. Not sure I understand the 2 "ottomans" though and the desk chair is not the most comfortable. I love the sliding doors to the bathroom/closet area. Very nice touch---way better than the curtain that used to be there.
    Ottoman
    Chair

I like the room but I do wish there was a little more Disney personality in it. It looks very adult and contemporary and generic but lacking that certain "sparkle" that is Disney magic. My daughter said that it looks like we are staying at the Hilton or something not on Disney property. Just our 2 cents.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: