Quantcast Wait, Really?? REALLY??? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just enjoying the ride.........
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They are just paying homage to that famous Philadelphian -- Rocky Balboa. Down and out, but come back fightin' at the end.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care what the reasons were for the Eagles win. I just like seeing Eli Manning (and his brother) pouting.

Both games s/b very good.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just enjoying this one game at a time. I've been an Eagles fan for to long to start getting excited about what might be.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

Ian I totally agree. They really WERE playing that terribly. I was just noting that if one hadn't watched those games they'd be really confused. The difference is night and day. I'm not jumping on the "destiny" bandwagon like so many others... I think many are extra excited because of the Phillies...but I am enjoying it.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Eagles will win the Superbowl because...

my Dad (along with his brother) sold his season tickets at the end of last season. They had the tickets for almost 50 years. The Eagles haven't won a league championship in all of that time, so my guess is that they'll win this year. When I talked to my Dad yesterday, he said the same thing, before I even brought it up.

I wish that I could have bought them (3 tickets - section 117 - row 19), but I was just coming off of my maternity leave, which depleted my savings, so I didn't have the $20K to buy the stadium builder's rights from them.

My Dad started taking me to games when I was five, pre-Jaworski, I think that Roman Gabriel was the QB then. We used to live in Oxford Circle when I was a kid and I remember taking the L and then the subway to the games. Then we moved to the 'burbs (Lower Bucks County) in '77 and we started driving to the games. Which is where I began my appreciation of Merrill Reese. Sorry to wax nostaligc.

Oh well.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Actually, Amanda, that's such a great Philly story ... I'm glad you shared!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    my Dad (along with his brother) sold his season tickets at the end of last season. They had the tickets for almost 50 years. The Eagles haven't won a league championship in all of that time, so my guess is that they'll win this year. When I talked to my Dad yesterday, he said the same thing, before I even brought it up.

I wish that I could have bought them (3 tickets - section 117 - row 19), but I was just coming off of my maternity leave, which depleted my savings, so I didn't have the $20K to buy the stadium builder's rights from them.

My Dad started taking me to games when I was five, pre-Jaworski, I think that Roman Gabriel was the QB then. We used to live in Oxford Circle when I was a kid and I remember taking the L and then the subway to the games. Then we moved to the 'burbs (Lower Bucks County) in '77 and we started driving to the games. Which is where I began my appreciation of Merrill Reese. Sorry to wax nostaligc.

Oh well.
    I have a similiar story.

My dad had season tickets when they played in Franklin Field too. He was at the 1960 Championship game. We had tickets at the Vet too. He used to take me during the Buddy Ryan era, than Kotitte and Rhodes. I was at the 2 losses in the wild card round when Ryan was coach. I was at the Giants game when Byars creamed Pepper Johnson. And also I was at the Monday nightgame where Cunningham bounced around like a ping pong all than zipped a TD pass into the end zone to Keith Jackson (I think it was Jackson)

But the season before the moved into Linc, they charged big $$ for the seat license and my dad was semi-retired and I was in college. So we couldn't afford to get the tickets but passed them along to a friend of my dads. Unfortunately, they aren't in my dads name anymore.

I haven't been to the Linc yet. ***** we got rid of the tickets when the Eagles started there run there. We got rid of the tickets before the last season in the Vet so fortunately we didn't get to see the Bucs beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.

I do miss going though. But they are so expensive now, I don't miss having to shell out the cash for the games. Plus, I have become a sissy since I hit my 30s and can't take sitting in the cold.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Actually, Amanda, that's such a great Philly story ... I'm glad you shared!
    Thanks.

Two other Philly stories to share (and I'll mention just these two, then I'll stop) -

There were several times when, before entering the stadium, my Uncle Mike (not the uncle who owned the tickets with my Dad) would give me his bottles of beer so that I could hide them in my jacket. They didn't frisk kids, so I would walk right in with the beer. I think that he also had my sister smuggle in beer when she went to the games.

One time when, after getting off the L after a game, my Uncle Mike persuaded my Dad to go to a bar with me in tow. This was back in the 70's when it was OK to bring kids into bars (real bars, not the TGI Friday's kind). It was my first time in a bar. Mom was not amused. Of course, this is the same Mom who, when I was five and home sick, dragged me to the bowling alley anyway and just gave me an empty coffee can in case I was sick. I brought that up in conversation with my parents about 25 years later. Dad was not amused.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

There were several times when, before entering the stadium, my Uncle Mike (not the uncle who owned the tickets with my Dad) would give me his bottles of beer so that I could hide them in my jacket. They didn't frisk kids, so I would walk right in with the beer. I think that he also had my sister smuggle in beer when she went to the games.
    Thats too funny because my dad and bro-in-law used to have me do the same thing. They pay'd me like 50 cents a beer.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks.

Two other Philly stories to share (and I'll mention just these two, then I'll stop) -

One time when, after getting off the L after a game, my Uncle Mike persuaded my Dad to go to a bar with me in tow. This was back in the 70's when it was OK to bring kids into bars (real bars, not the TGI Friday's kind). It was my first time in a bar. Mom was not amused. Of course, this is the same Mom who, when I was five and home sick, dragged me to the bowling alley anyway and just gave me an empty coffee can in case I was sick. I brought that up in conversation with my parents about 25 years later. Dad was not amused.
    Oh man ... classic!!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Just a few hours away...I am so hyped up for this game I can't even sit still for two seconds. I've been watching Brian Dawkins videos on youtube all weekend and I put on my #20 jersey as soon as I woke up this morning. Go Birds!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yep ... DS and I are already sporting our #20 jersey's, as well.

DD will put her McNabb jersey on (don't ask ... the only pink jersey I could find in her size) at game time.

Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm home (like today) I don't put my #20 jersey on until right before the game. We're a pretty superstitious family. Got the ribs all seasoned up and ready to go into the oven in a little under an hour. Here we go....
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep ... DS and I are already sporting our #20 jersey's, as well.

DD will put her McNabb jersey on (don't ask ... the only pink jersey I could find in her size) at game time.

You didn't HAVE to get her pink!
    I've never had a pink jersey. I did buy pink Eagles and Phillies hats to support breast cancer charities though.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Grrr, really allowing 24 points in the half. I haven't given up just expressing my frustration.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

So once again, Philly fans prove that they know more about their own team than anyone else.

I had to endure a week's worth of people (including McNabb) telling me why I had to eat crow for criticizing them and then they go right out and prove that I was correct all along.

I'm sorry ... this team cannot get it done with Reid at the helm and McNabb under center.

People will try very hard to slough the blame off on Jim Johnson's defense, but the truth is McNabb was horrible in the first half (they should have been at worst tied with AZ at the half) and he had a golden opportunity to prove everybody wrong about him at the end ... 2 and 1/2 minutes to score a TD and what does he do?

Same thing he always does ... mess all over himself.

The fact that I had to endure a week's worth of, "I told you so's" from McNabb and his patsy Deion Sanders only to be forced to watch him once again throw away a Championship Game he should have won? Wow ... words can't express my feelings right now ......
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

So once again, Philly fans prove that they know more about their own team than anyone else.

I had to endure a week's worth of people (including McNabb) telling me why I had to eat crow for criticizing them and then they go right out and prove that I was correct all along.

I'm sorry ... this team cannot get it done with Reid at the helm and McNabb under center.

People will try very hard to slough the blame off on Jim Johnson's defense, but the truth is McNabb was horrible in the first half (they should have been at worst tied with AZ at the half) and he had a golden opportunity to prove everybody wrong about him at the end ... 2 and 1/2 minutes to score a TD and what does he do?

Same thing he always does ... mess all over himself.

The fact that I had to endure a week's worth of, "I told you so's" from McNabb and his patsy Deion Sanders only to be forced to watch him once again throw away a Championship Game he should have won? Wow ... words can't express my feelings right now ......
    The defense got them there and let them down in the biggest game of the season.

But your'e right, it was all McNabb.

I have a theory - they lost as a TEAM.
    McNabb was erratic, but still had a good second half.The receivers dropped balls.
    The defense couldn't stop them the first half, was great for 20 minutes of the second half, but allowed a 7 minute drive in clutch time.
    McNabb is McNabb and looked nervous in final mintues. But Curtis dropped one in his hands on 4th down.
    And Andy Reid still hasn't figured out clock management.

And oh yeah, lets give a credit to Wizenhut and the Cards' players for a well-executed game plan.

But with all that said, yes I want to see Reid and McNabb gone because they have proved so far that they can't win when it counts.

Time for a fresh start, even if that takes a couple of bad years.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that they got this far after falling apart in the first part of the season... speaks wonders for a coaching staff- even if they cannot get you all the way there.

I doubt very highly that andy reid will be fired after this "succesful" season-

They had a horrible first half, played well in the third quarter and had a chance at the end. Heck they even took the lead.
    But give credit to a team that has been horrible at times (I cant believe the Jets pasted them sooo bad)- who "shouldn't even be here" (the championship game) Arizona played well, and I think everyone- including the eagles underestimated them and their defense (which rose to the occasion).

Good Luck next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Arizona played well, and I think everyone- including the eagles underestimated them and their defense (which rose to the occasion).
    Arizona has been underestimated for quite some time. I covered the Cardinals when they first came to AZ in the 80s. We took our entire show up to Northern Arizona for a week to cover their first training camp after leaving St. Louis. As a long time fan of the Cards I'm happy to see them make it to the big game. Twenty plus years of mostly loosing seasons, I know even the most loyal fans are a little suprised at their success this season. I'm sure they will be the underdog going into the Super Bowl, but that seems to work for them.

I think new facilities seem to energize the AZ teams. The Suns got to the finals in '93, their first year in their new arena. I'm hoping the Cards have a better outcome in the championship game then the Suns did.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: