Quantcast Need honest opinions of Disney Quest

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need honest opinions of Disney Quest

We've planned a late Jan. trip and it's going to cost us... even with the special. We've planned a few extras and we're considering DQ. Is it really "all that"? We would spend no more than a day, maybe not even that long. The kids ages are 12, 9, and 4. How crowded is it? Are the kids really able to do everything in a day? I just need some expert opinions!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My boys LOVED DQ at 12 & 9, so much that we're upgrading our tickets in April so we can go back to DQ and do the water parks. They will be 14 & 11 this time, but I think they will still enjoy it, even if we go for a few hours after a park.

They way we looked at it, way we could upgrade our tickets for our whole vacation for the same price as one day at Sea World. We asked the boys and they chose DQ.

It wasn't my cup of tea, but I did get to sneak out and and go do some shopping.

Post Thanks / Like

We took our DS6 DD4 last year and they loved it! They really liked playing all the different games that we never let them play because they are too young.

The especially loved the jungle cruise one that we all played together as a family.

Having grown up an avid gamer myself, I love it. It is a huge arcade with a LOT of choices and some very unique games.

We went 2 times last trip. Our kids picked DQ over doing one of the waterparks again.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody In My Family Loves It. We Go To Dq Every We Visit The World.my Girls Are 13 And They Ask To Go Every Time. It Is Very Crowded But There Is Plenty To Do.we Haven't Even Been On All Floors As Of Yet.we Are Hopefully Going Back In April & We Will Visit Dq Again . I Hope Your Family Enjoys It. Have Fun!!
    1994 french quarter-port orleans
    2002 all star movies
    2003 all star movies
    2004 wilderness lodge
    2005 french quarter/disney wonder
    2007 polynesian ( cancelled )
    2008 wilderness lodge
    2010 polynesian
    2012 disney dream

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest (DS11) loves Disney Quest. It is his favorite part of the whole vacation. I, on the other hand, do not care for it at all. I don't think it is "Disney" enough. To me, it is just a giant, multi=story arcade. There should be some character greets there or something.

With the upcoming deal (pay for 4 nights/get 3 free) I can't see paying extra for DQ/water parks when we have already paid for parks for every day we are going to be there.

I made a deal with him that instead of paying the extra $50 per person, I would give him $50 to play in the resort arcades. That way I at least don't have to pay for myself, and it won't take a huge chunk out of any one day.

By the way, does anyone know if I buy him a $50 arcade playcard, will that card work in any arcade at WDW?

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and DS6 were there last week. Other than the Jungle Cruise and POTC, my husband wasn't overly impressed, but my son LOVED it. He could have stayed there all day, and he would have loved to go back. He listed it as his favorite thing from the whole trip. Of course, he loves video games, so it was right up his alley.
    Mickey Mom of 2
    Coming Up: All-Star Sports 11/08
    Coming Up: CSR 3/09
    All-Star Sports 9/07
    Disneyland 10/06
    WDW Dolphin 7/04
    Off - Site 3/98
    Off - Site 6/93
    Off - Site 4/91
    Off - Site 3/83

Post Thanks / Like

We went there last year when DD was 7. I have to say I wasn't overly impressed. Like other posters have said it doesn't have that disney magic feel to it. We were able to do everything in 3-4 hours. We went on a Thursday evening in early December. It really wasn't crowded at all. We did like the virtual rollercoaster. You create your own track on a computer and then "ride" the coaster in a simulator. I'm glad we tried DQ once, but I don't see us going back to it anytime in the near future. Your kids are at a good age for it, so go with an open mind and have fun!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

If your kids are into gaming and like to play then they will most likely enjoy DQ. We went there on our last trip and I did not like it at all. But then I'm not into playing arcade games and the like. My sons enjoyed it and would return. We had wanted to check it our for a while and did so on this trip because we had the water parks plus option so it really did not cost us anything.
    As for the crowds, we went in August and there were a lot of people, not wall to wall but a wait on most locations. I did enjoy a slice of cheesecake factory cheesecake while we were there.

Post Thanks / Like

DS7 & DD9 loved it.We went mid feb this year, had to queue for a few things, but nothing too bad.
    I felt it to be a bit overwhelming after a while. It started to make me feel like i needed to get out. It can be very intense. i remember getting very lost, not knowing what floor i was on. But saying that, it does make a welcome break from all the Disney razzamatazz
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need honest opinions of Disney Quest

I recommend DQ especially if your kids like games. They are a good age to enjoy the experience. We have been there in January and it has not been crowded. Unless your family is not in to games I think you can't go wrong visiting DQ at least one time.

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE it. We had a really good time there. I think the 4 year old might be a little young for it BUT the 12 and 9 ... good luck getting them out of there (especially if they're boys who are like my DS and video game NUTZ).

We've gone in the big middle of summer and we've always been able to do EVERYTHING at least twice and that's getting there about 4:00 or so. We usually make a day of Downtown Disney...I've GOT to hit the Christmas Shoppe and my DS loves to hang around the Lego store for a while. Now T-Rex is open...regardless of whether you eat there or not it might be an interesting shop to explore.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I especially like the gallery on the top floor with the "classic" arcade games (Pac Man, Dig Dug, Burger Time, Missile Command, Asteroids) -- ahh, the memories..

There are all kinds of good video game experiences at DQ.
    Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

how much is it to get in for 1 time without the water parc package?
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

My kids love DQ.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to DQ once and it was when it was raining outside. It seemed like every family at Downtown Disney was in DQ to avoid the downpours.

As a result, lines were very long and I didn't get to experience as much of DQ as I wanted. From what I did do/see, however, it looked like a great place. Hopefully I'll get back there on a future trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out if you take a teenaged boy! They're easy to lose....and when you do finally find them, their eyes are glazed and they can't remember your name. Yes, I'm speaking from experience :-) (seriously, I won't go back - son LOVED it, but he'd sit and play video games 24 hours a day if allowed. I'd rather be outside, with less crowds. It makes me claustrophobic, and my girls found it boring).

Post Thanks / Like

My DS-11 loved this place, we only went for one afternoon. I believe it is less expensive than a day at the waterparks but someone will correct me if I am wrong.It isn't really themed like Disney but it is an arcade and even on property the arcades are just that! if you are in that 11- 14 age bracket, trust me they won't care. The virtual rollarcoaster is really cool.

Post Thanks / Like

DQ does have a theme, and that's the theme of a souped up arcade

I've been when it first opened and loved it then, went back again recently and have noticed that it needs some serious TLC, some of the games look worn out and dated but still had a good time despite a quarter of the pixels in my visor or screen were blackened out. I don't think it's worth a visit pricewise because it is just basically a glorified arcade, but if you can afford to check it out and love video games, then go for it and give it a shot!
    Skipper's General Warning!
    Reading of this signature might result in the following:
    Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
    Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
    Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like

i think it about 40.00 to get a day pass,pretty expensive for an arcade,but the interactive build it yourself roller coaster sounds fun!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

My kids went for an evening at DQ on our last trip. DS, 17, a gamer, and DD, 15, into all things Disney and likes some games. They both said it was not worth it and they wouldn't do it again. They were very underwhelmed by it. I didn't go in, but that was their opinion. They said the best thing about it was the elevator. if you have limited time in the parks or limited funds, I think it's one you could easily skip, judging by their opinions. But if you had an abundance of time and the water parks and more option, it wouldn't hurt to pop in and check it out. In any case, I wouldn't put it on my must-see list compared with other Disney experiences.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: