Quantcast Liberty Tree Tavern is Great - WHY Change it?? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it has been a long time since I've been to Intercot. Good to be back!

My family is planning a big family vacation to WDW sometime in Oct. 2009. One place we are/had been planning to go was the Liberty Tree Tavern. This is a special place for us as my wife and I had our one nice meal here on our honeymoon. It is sad about the characters for us as we were planning on bringing our son there. We really loved the food, too, the prime rib, the potatoes, and all the rest of it (didn't have the mac n cheese, though!). It was served family style and everything was delicious. It seems that several people here who hate the food. Has the menu for dinner changed? If so, what is the place like now? Maybe we'll go to a different place if this one doesn't work out.

Thanks for your help!
    G & L Baker
    1987-2003: most everywhere
    Honeymoon at Port Orleans Riverside-2003.
    March 2006-Disneyland
    September 2006-Grand Californian
    October 2006-Disneyland
    July 2008-Disneyland
    October 2008-Disneyland

Upcoming:
    Oct? 2009-Somewhere? with whole family

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that many people wanted another non-character meal in MK. But another option would be to turn CP into non-character at dinner... they have a nice spread and may be able to make their current prices without the characters at dinner and then you could do breakfast or lunch if you wanted characters there and leaving LTT alone you could go to LTT for lunch without characters or dinner with characters. I think this would be a great solution.

Problem is -- lots of people don't like the dinner food at LTT. Those people will not pay the high prices for the food without the characters. Now if they reduced the prices or changed the menu I could see it. I personally didn't mind the food, but will not be going back this year because I think the current price for the food without the characters is crazy!!!

Now if the characters were still there we would be eating there twice on our next trip. We liked the food, but LOVED the character interation. Now we either be trying one of the other non-character sit down dinners or LTT for lunch. (We already have plans to do CRT and CP another day)

Just MHO!!

Stephanie
    Stephanie

DD 9.5, DD 7.5, DS 5.5

1st Trip ~ Offsite ~ Dec. 1997
    2nd Trip ~ CBR ~ Dec. 1999
    3rd Trip ~ POP ~ April 2007
    4th Trip ~ POR ~ Dec. 2009
    5th Trip ~ 12th Anniversary Trip ~ POLY ~ Dec. 16th - 24th 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Plus I don't get it... for our trip in April 2007 we had trouble getting any ADR here for dinner for the 8 days we were there. (April 21st-28th) It was swamped the entire time we were there. Don't get why they would change something that was that popular too.

Stephanie
    Stephanie

DD 9.5, DD 7.5, DS 5.5

1st Trip ~ Offsite ~ Dec. 1997
    2nd Trip ~ CBR ~ Dec. 1999
    3rd Trip ~ POP ~ April 2007
    4th Trip ~ POR ~ Dec. 2009
    5th Trip ~ 12th Anniversary Trip ~ POLY ~ Dec. 16th - 24th 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there for the 1st time this past Dec 31 to be exact and was quite impressed with our food. We had often looked at the menu and was like blah turkey etc... but boy was we ever shocked at how well the food was. The only reason we booked this was New Year's Eve and we knew it was gonna be a long day at the park and needed a break place and this was the only ressies left available for that day so we took it. I would have to say that this was probably one of the better meals we had. As for the characters we had lunch but, if they were there I would've been happier hate to see them go.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: