Quantcast American Idol at HS?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post American Idol at HS?

I remember reading on here a few months ago about Disney introducing an American Idol style competition at HS. At the time the idea didnt seem very popular with many intercoters.
    I was wondering if it ever happened, and if it did what was it, or is it like?
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That is not opening until sometime in February.

Not looking forward to "reality TV" in WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The American Idol Experience is still happening although it hasn't opened just yet. I believe it is supposed to open Late January - Early February somewhere around then.

I haven't heard of too many people that are really excited for it. Personally I doubt I'll go see it as I don't like American Idol but that is just me, can't speak for others.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I attended a Passholder Preview Tour of the American Idol facility about 10 days ago. They took us to see the audition rooms and the audience theater, and explained what's going to happen.

There will be 7 shows a day - 6 during the day, and then the 6 winners will compete in the evening finale to become the daily winner. The daily winner will evidently receive some sort of a "fast pass" to compete in the regional auditions for the regular show.

There will be auditions going on most of the day for the 6 shows. The winners of the auditions will then have some time to prepare one song from a list to sing in the competition.

I hope I got this right - maybe someone else can fill in what I didn't remember.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still scratching my head as to why Disney decided to put this attraction in. I am afraid it is not going to be a big draw for very long. It does not interest me or my family in the least bit. I think I'll enjoy it as much as I do the big blue sorcerer's hat that is blocking the view of the Chinese Theater.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3Cabsfan View Post
    I think I'll enjoy it as much as I do the big blue sorcerer's hat that is blocking the view of the Chinese Theater.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno why all the negative comments to the new Idol attraction, as if you guys can't clearly see, they're trying to promote Drew Carrey's Sounds Dangerous attraction by putting Idol next door to it, making Drew Carrey the lesser of two snorefested headaches
    Skipper's General Warning!
    Reading of this signature might result in the following:
    Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
    Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
    Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    I dunno why all the negative comments to the new Idol attraction, as if you guys can't clearly see, they're trying to promote Drew Carrey's Sounds Dangerous attraction by putting Idol next door to it, making Drew Carrey the lesser of two snorefested headaches
    OK, from the UK. Whos Drew Carrey?. Heard of Jim but not Drew!

My worry about this AI thing is, what use is winning the daily final if you live outside of America? Are Disney going to fly us back and pay for our hotel?.I dont think so!
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardingella View Post
    OK, from the UK. Whos Drew Carrey?. Heard of Jim but not Drew!

My worry about this AI thing is, what use is winning the daily final if you live outside of America? Are Disney going to fly us back and pay for our hotel?.I dont think so!
    That would be comedian Drew Carey - "Sounds Dangerous" in DHS.

I think there are a lot of things that were not taken into account when they devised the AI attraction. Certain things like: age limitations, country of origin, how many people really enjoy AI on TV, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

For me...and this is just imo...The show is going into it's 8th season...the ratings were down last year compared to the other seasons. So why add something that may or may not be around in a few years. So they have wasted all that money for what?..I feel that HS neeeded another attraction other then this one...Another addition to Pixar Place?...Backlot tour updated?..Something that will be around later then AI..

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Stich, actually, I think this was a very cheap addition to the Studios. The auditorium was already there from "Superstar Television". All they really had to do was put in a few neon signs and a voting panel next to the chairs. Hardly a lot of money compared to what an "E" attraction would have cost.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: