Quantcast From the far reaches of Universal and beyond - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post

Ah yes, the old "politically correct" strawman. Because Disney realised that implying that the protagonists in the ride were sexually assaulting women was not a great idea on a child's ride they are making a policially motivated change to the ride. If the notion of "political correctness" and the fact that everyone likes to have a go at it didn't exist nobody would even have noticed.
    I rode the Jungle Cruise two weeks ago. The attendant had a gun. Has something since happened that I'm unaware of.
    So Disney can't make R-rated movies? Why not? WDW is family oriented, their animated movies are either family or child oriented so why can't they release adult-oriented movies (and under a different name for goodness sake)?
    I have to disagree. I noticed the change, and then I found out why. In fact, it had never even crossed my mind that the women were being "sexually assaulted" in the old version. I can only speak for myself, but it didn't have anything to do with having a "go" at political correctness.

Also, if it is perfectly OK for Disney to make R-rated movies, then it's perfectly OK to have pirates chasing women around in PoTC.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As for your questions, I've been to:

Six Flags Great America
    Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Little-A-Merrick-A
    Mount Olympus
    Cedar Fair's Valleyfair
    King's Island
    SeaWorld Orlando
    SeaWorld San Diego (stay classy)
    DLR
    WDW
    Universal Studios - Hollywood
    Universal Studios - Orlando
    Islands of Adventure
    Indiana Beach
    Santa's Village
    Kiddieland

Disney far surpasses all of these parks in most if not all things. Food, ride quality, customer service, lodging, etc. Does Universal have some things that it does better? Absolutely. It's a thrill park geared toward the 18-32 demographic, so there's really now way to compare the parks against each other. They're all different.
    Last edited by Beast_fanatic; 01-13-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: TOS
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't bash Universal or SeaWorld or any of it, but my first love is Disney. Can't really explain why, just something about the "atmosphere". It sounds cheezy, but the whole place is just magical. It brings our family closer together. It's more relaxed.
    That being said, I'm not a die hard planner as others, and when I do plan a Disney trip (the centerpiece ) I always try to tack on 2-3 xtra days for non Disney parks.
    I like Seaworld, petting the dolphins, and the Shamu show. It's neat. But when you're done there, you're done.And I'm usually done within a few hours.
    Now Universal is neat, and fun, but has more of a "theme park" feel. We have fun, but it's more like a day back home at the local amusement park. Although I must say I absolutely LOOOOVE Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls and the Poseidon Adventure. I'd go there just to ride those 2 rides alone.
    So I don't bash other parks, but when planning a longer vacation, it'll always be Disney. Seems there's always something new to discover.

Let me add, the "magic" I feel is not from childhood memories or anything. The only time I went before going with my own husband and kids was as a teenager, on July 4th, 200 degrees with 300 percent humidity and wall to wall people. That WAS NOT magical =(
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: