Quantcast Some New Year...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some New Year...

...at least so far!
    3 days before Christmas I broke my big toe trying to extricate el grande gato from under the Disney tree in our foyer... Tomorrow I return for X-Rays to see how it all is and should be getting my Post-Op shoe off - inconvenient, but not so much of a problem.

Tomorrow, Christy was going to fly with her Mom to California to take her Grandma (who came here 3 years ago to be taken care of while a son out there tried to get paperwork done to have her put in a Nursing Home because of advancing Alzhiemers.) They were driving to come send the night in our guest-house so I could drop everyone off at the airport at 4 am, when we got the call that they had been in a head-on accident.
    We're sitting and waiting for news, but it doesn't look like anyone was hurt seriously (Mom has been examined and nothing broken - but some bruising - G-Ma is still waiting to be checked over.)

She's 82 years old, so we're more worried about her...so keep her in your thoughts (and my wife who busy pulling her hair out - she's NOT good atwaiting.)
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

12:30 am everyone made it to our house -
    Their van is probably totalled.
    Mom-in-Law & Grandmom were bruised and some pulled muscles, but nothing broken.
    Unfortunately, CT Scan on Grandmom showed spots on her brain, and she has had a history a Stage 4 Melanoma - so on top of Alzhiemer's it looks like the cancer has matastisized and spread to her brain.
    Did get them all to airport at 5 am but so far have had no sleep - spent what little time I was in bed staring at the cielling running through remembering going through all of this just a few years ago with my own Mother...
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Ice, that's terrible Lots and lots of pixie dust, I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I hope everything turns out alright, hang in there!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Ice let's hope our troubles for 2009 are now behind us. We just had to put our dog of 11 1/2 years down. Buster had been battling cancer since September.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this dude.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Ice, I'm so sorry. Glad no bad injuries on that car accident for them.

Were you using power tools again? Tell us the true!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! I'm so glad they weren't seriously hurt! How scary!! Much to you and your family. Hope the toe heals quickly.

Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Were you using power tools again? Tell us the true!
    For once, and despite rumours to the contrary, no power tools were involved in the injury of my toe... Only a cat tangled in a Christmas Tree and a half awake Ice running at my best version of full steam into a door frame.
    The boot is off - he says it only looks like a little fracture but is healing very well. Must stay on what he has prescribed and BE CAREFUL! I had to tell my back doctor about it today... he kinda laughed. I was still nursing wrenching my back trying to body surf at Waimea Bay so thanks to both incidents I've had to undergo a few intramuscular back-shots since getting back from Hawaii.

Tink I am so sorry to hear about your dog... they re like family members, especially after that long. When my wife lost both of her cat's that she'd had for 13 years it broke my heart to see how much it hurt her... and now these new kitties do nothing but cause trouble (and me to break my toe!!!) But, they are our babies!

Christy called me lat night to say her Grandmom had been checked by a doctor since getting her to California and says she has pretty bad whiplash (duh, I'm not a doctor and I could have diagnosed that!) She see's her regular doctor (I guess?) on Monday and they'll run more tests concerning the spots on her brain and see where else it is. She's been visiting family with her Mom, and she says it seems to be cheering her up a bit to see family.

Insurance company accidentally called me to discuss the van... Christy's Mom had tried to give them Christy's cell number so they could contact her during the trip, but our cell numbers are only 1 digit away and she confuses so easily, so they called me. Gave them the right number... dunno what the sitch was tho'.

THANKS EVERYBODY!
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes to all of you for the rest of the year. Sounds like you and Marla have had quite a rough start.

In the past...when things have started off badly I just convince myself that I'm just getting all the bad stuff out of the way EARLY!

Hopefully ya'll remembered to eat your black-eyed peas and/or your 12 grapes at midnight.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, my curiosity is piqued -
    I've always heard of the whole black eyed peas, cabbage and ham for the 1st meal of the New Year, but what does the 12 grapes represent?
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: