Quantcast StormStruck at Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question StormStruck at Epcot

Anyone seen this in Innoventions? Is it worth going to? Is it in East or West? We weren't planning on doing Innoventions on this trip, but if this is something worth seeing, I don't want to skip it.
    1980-1994 - Off-site
    1995 - Dixie Landings
    1998 - Caribbean Beach
    2001 - Disney Cruise
    2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge Villa
    2006 - Pop Century
    2006 - Boardwalk Villa
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007 - Boardwalk Villa
    2007 - Old Key West Villa
    2009 - Wilderness Lodge Villa

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

YES. We did this last trip.

Actually I rather enjoyed it. If you skip it you'll live BUT...I liked it. It was shortly after "IKE" hit down here in Texas. Made me "think" about a few things. I'm far enough away from the coast that I'm not worried about it but...We've talked a lot about getting a little place down at the coast. It did give me a few things to consider.

If you go into Innovations and just do this I think you'll like it. For "most" of innovations I admit I'm getting a little "bored" with it. They did at least update the "house of the future". And my DS really enjoyed the enviromental thingy but the wait seemed to be forever.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

i went..
    i dont know which side it was on..i get so confused..i wanna say its the one on the same side as the electric umbrella..
    it was a pretty neat show...but like the other poster said if you miss it youll still live..i dont think its a must do..but it you have the time go take a look!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this when I went in Aug. and the line was really long waiting to get in, so I am assumming that it is good.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

1) Innovations is meant to be educational.
    2) This exhibit certainly qualifies.
    3) It is good for both adults and kids.

NOTE: And to think before this exhibit I thought thunder was just clouds talking, and lightning was the result of the gods getting angry.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed it for a nice diversion. It's not gonna knock your socks off, but it was entertaining and educational at the same time. We also like the House of the Future as well, which is right nearby!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it in Sept. it was interesting, not something that you have to see or a repeat thing a lot, but i dont spend much time in Innoventions anymore. Im sure I will spend some time in APril w the nephews & may take them to see this.
    Its nice to see something new..
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We saw this in Aug. We enjoyed it and did learn a thing or two from it.

If you miss it, it's not a big deal, but if you want to kill some time in Air conditioning, then I would say go for it.
    Off site Jan '92
    AS Music April '97, Dec '98
    AS Movies Oct 2000, Jan 03, Jan 05, Jan 06
    Pop Aug 06, Pop Jan 07
    Pop Aug 07, Pop Aug 08
    Pop Aug 09, Pop Aug 10
    Pop Aug 11, Pop Aug '12, AoA Aug '13
    Pop Dec '13 Aug '14, Jan '15, Aug '15

Next Trip: Pop Aug '16

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I really enjoyed it. Actually, I wish we'd see more of that kind of thing. It was both entertaining and informative.

Interesting thing, I hear people talk about it interms of hurricanes, but when I saw it I was thinking it was about tornados. Guess maybe it's your point of view. I think they use the term "storm" but not specific what sort of storm. I live in a tornado prone area, but we've never had a hurricane in KC, so my frame of reference was more the twister variety.

But yes, I did it, I was glad I did, and I would like to see it again. It is very well done in my opinion.
    Marker from MO

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just back from my trip Dec. 26 - Jan. 2 and I had never heard of this. We were trying to find the bathroom and come upon this and decided to try it. We felt it was a good & informative attraction. My kids like it alot. So I say if you have the time check it out!

**Funny note, while waiting in the que, watching the pre show the CM caught my eye - She was standing under the tv screen so she was easily noticable - she mouthed the entire pre show. I mean word for word - I thought it was kinda cute.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

NOTE: And to think before this exhibit I thought thunder was just clouds talking, and lightning was the result of the gods getting angry.[/QUOTE]

It's not bowling?

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious about this attraction too. Is it a show that you sit in that is supposed to make you feel like you are in a "storm" or is it just telling you about how storms work? Sorry if my question is a little obvious but this wasnt there last time we were there and considering we have first hand experience in a major storm I'd like to see what they're able to imitate.
    June 2003 Offsite Condo
    June 2004 Caribbean Beach
    June 2005 Honeymoon POFQ
    January 2006 POP
    August 2006 CBR Trip with the In-laws
    September 2007 AKL
    March 2009 & 2010 POFQ
    November 2010 POFQ
    November 2012 POR
    November 2013 POFQ Family Reunion
    January 2015 POR
    January 2016 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I experienced this attraction last night. I am always curious when Disney attempts to imitate the real world. Unlike a ride such as Test Track, they fell far short here. The experience at my local science center was MUCH better. The cast member in charge was very enthusiastic but the attraction was boring. I wouldn't make it a part of any future trip. The attraction that rhymes with 'Twister' at another park is FAR better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this back in September and I really liked it... its not a must do (IMHO) but rather a if you have a little extra time thing. DH and I had never had time to explore innoventions before this but this was really cool.

As a resident of a suburb north of Houston, Texas we had just been through the experience of Ike... we had just gotten our power back a week prior and had been without for 7 days after the Hurricane. I have to say, if I never experience another storm like that again (it was a direct hit over my house, we are about 80 miles from Galveston and our local Target had the roof torn off... we are talking about 120 mph winds high up and no reprieve since we were in the eye wall for a few hours) I will be happy!!

I did see Storm Struck as more of a tornado (I also used to live in north east Texas where they get their fair share of Tornadoes) than a hurricane experience, but it was still rather cool with the 3D glasses and the spurts of air and water to make it seem somewhat "realistic". I recommend it if you are done with everything else you want to experience in Future World and have 30 minutes to an hour (depending on the line) to use.
    Laura

1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 , 2005
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge-HONEYMOON
    2007 Disneyland
    2007 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Pop Century
    May 2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder
    December 2009-Disney at Christmas

****Disneyventures...A Place for Happy Endings****

Post Thanks / Like

Angel8783.... Thanks for the input. We used to live in Biloxi, MS but thanks to Katrina have been relocated to Ocean Springs in a high and dry area. I think this will be a must do for us out of curiosity, but like you, I don't think anything will compare to the real thing. I do appreciate Disney's attempt to share a "safe" storm experience though. One of the reasons we go back so much is because they are constantly adding neat content like this....
    June 2003 Offsite Condo
    June 2004 Caribbean Beach
    June 2005 Honeymoon POFQ
    January 2006 POP
    August 2006 CBR Trip with the In-laws
    September 2007 AKL
    March 2009 & 2010 POFQ
    November 2010 POFQ
    November 2012 POR
    November 2013 POFQ Family Reunion
    January 2015 POR
    January 2016 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by q105birdman View Post
    I experienced this attraction last night. I am always curious when Disney attempts to imitate the real world. Unlike a ride such as Test Track, they fell far short here. The experience at my local science center was MUCH better. The cast member in charge was very enthusiastic but the attraction was boring. I wouldn't make it a part of any future trip. The attraction that rhymes with 'Twister' at another park is FAR better than this.
    It's not exactly a full blown attraction such as the other one mentioned by this poster. It's more of an educational 3D movie w/special effects that show how you can prepare yous home for a hurricane.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Innovations is now at least worth spending some time in now. "Storm Stuck" was worth doing and "Don't Waste It" was also fun . Oh, and the burning house is also fun to do. This is the best Innovations has ever been. It's educational and fun.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

My kids LOVE Innoventions so we will have to check this out. Too be honest it's always me rushing them out, time to slow down and let them explore.

But really how many plastic robots does one family need . Another highlight for them.

Maybe if I run to Mexico while they are in line....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: