Quantcast Treehouses?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Treehouses?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Treehouses?

Hey, what's going on with the Treehouses? Has anyone heard anything new?

I've been checking almost daily to look for new information, but it's just dead silent.

What's the current target for when you can book into them, when they open, etc.?

Also, I have two related questions I should probably already know the answers to, but ...

#1. Do I have to wait until the entire length of my stay is within the 11/7 month booking window or did they change that? Someone remind me? I can't remember if I can call and book as soon as the first day of my trip hits the window or if I have to wait.

#2. This one is a little complicated ... for buying into BLT, we got 200 builder points that have to be used at SSR only and also by 10/1/09. We'd like to try to use them to stay in the Treehouses in August/September time frame. From what I've read, it looks like the first two weeks of the Treehouse booking period will be restricted only to SSR members (which we are). Now if I'm thinking this through correctly, because we want to use our builder points and not SSR points, we'll have to wait until after the 2 week period for SSR owners, correct?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Check your e-mail. I got one yesterday that has some "concept art" of the inside of the Treehouses. They look really nice! According to dvcmember.com the Treehouses are slated to open "Summer of 2009".

As to your questions:

1. You now must book your stay 7 months from the day you check-out.

2. Not so sure about this but if you can only use your builder points at SSR it sounds like they are then SSR points so shouldn't you be able to book them in that 2 week period?? You might have to check either with MS or your Guide about this one.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

THV are supposed to open on June 1.

SSR owners should be able to call beginning Feb 8, and all other DVC members can call beginning Feb 22.
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post

1. You now must book your stay 7 months from the day you check-out.
    Actually, it is 11 months/7 months from the check-in day. A search of this forum finds this quote from the DVC member site:

The new reservation policy now offers Members the opportunity to place one single phone call to secure an entire Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation for as many as 7 nights, beginning on the first day of their booking window (which is 11 months before check-in at Members' Home Resort, or 7 months before check-in at other Disney Vacation Club Resorts). The previous policy required Members to call daily at the beginning of their booking window, piecing together their reservation one night at a time.
    I just called Member Services and they confirm it is check-in day. I wanted to make sure as I am trying at the 7 month window for Boardwalk, Beach Club, or Animal Kingdom Lodge for our late September/October Food and Wine trip and every moment matters with booking in that time period.

Sorry, Ian, can't help you with the other question! I recommend calling member services. I was only holding a couple of minutes just now before I spoke to a rep.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm like 99% sure I'll have to wait ... I tried using them to book at the 11 month window for SSR and I couldn't, so I would assume they sort of treat them as No Man's Land points.

I did email my guide, though, so I'll see what he says.

So Feb 22nd ... okey dokey. I'll probably be out of luck after the first two weeks, though. Guess we'll end up with a regular 2BR instead.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to try to get into them for our fall trip - I'll definately be calling on the 8th !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: