Quantcast The Amazing Race Season 14 -- Discussion - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally great episode, and I CAN'T believe that that sad girl actually got on her boyfriends back for the last few yards and it lost them the race. UGH. What a complete loser. NO ONE is that tired. HELLO that crazy Hill Billy wife cried her eyes out, walked fast and still made it. Sad.

I was happy with the winners though ... great emotion and it seems this year is gonna be VERY active. The cheese rolling down the hill at 400 miles an hour like a bomb was hysterical.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't think it would be delayed for golf, but there's always some sporting event on Sundays that can wreak havoc with the schedule.

I'm already a little tired of hearing the 'deaf people can do the race' lines, maybe because I didn't think that a team with a deaf person couldn't compete (the Mom might end up being the bigger handicap to the team).

Couldn't comprehend the flight attendants asking which train/plane leaves first, not which one arrives first. You'd think they'd know better.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

It's too bad the Hillbillies didn't go first, I was annoyed by them at the first commercial break. Although I'm glad they beat out the ones that went home.

It'll be nice to see the flight attendants make an early exit as well. They aren't going to survive long, especially if they are relying on their looks.

Post Thanks / Like

They were talking about how the couple that were eliminated never got along, I bet they really don't now that she lost it for them. Why do they always have couples on there that say they can't get along like they can't stand each other? Why are they together if it is like that? Hello! Life is too short, find someone you do get along with.

I can't figure out what the hillbilly woman's problem is. If she has ever watched the show then she should know that there is a lot of running and climbing stuff. Why would you apply if you can't run or do anything? She said on the hill with the cheese "I don't want to get hurt". Don't think you will have a problem with that if you never run or anything.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

That was quite possibly the best episode of TAR I have ever seen, for the cheese scene alone. We were almost falling on the floor laughing at our house! Some of the teams that appeared more fit surprised me with their lack of stamina on this task. And while I thought Steve had been a little harsh with Linda (the Virginia hillbillies) earlier, I quickly tired of her constant tears by the end of the race. Plus, he certainly showed some ingenuity in "sledding" three of the cheese wheels down the hill. Which brings to mind--if the contestants whose cheese wheels accidentally rolled down hill could just retrieve them at the bottom and put them on their stack, why couldn't they just roll all of their cheese down the hill instead of carry it? Anyway, I was happy with the mother/son team winning this leg. I still like the brother stuntmen team and the brother/sister team too. The flight attendants were kind of a mixed bag (have there ever been teams before that had rolling suitcases instead of backpacks?) And the cheerleaders--well, the only thing I noticed about them is that they appear to have dyed their hair the same identical shade of reddish-orange.

All in all, a great start to this race!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    That was quite possibly the best episode of TAR I have ever seen, for the cheese scene alone. We were almost falling on the floor laughing at our house! Some of the teams that appeared more fit surprised me with their lack of stamina on this task. And while I thought Steve had been a little harsh with Linda (the Virginia hillbillies) earlier, I quickly tired of her constant tears by the end of the race. Plus, he certainly showed some ingenuity in "sledding" three of the cheese wheels down the hill. Which brings to mind--if the contestants whose cheese wheels accidentally rolled down hill could just retrieve them at the bottom and put them on their stack, why couldn't they just roll all of their cheese down the hill instead of carry it? Anyway, I was happy with the mother/son team winning this leg. I still like the brother stuntmen team and the brother/sister team too. The flight attendants were kind of a mixed bag (have there ever been teams before that had rolling suitcases instead of backpacks?) And the cheerleaders--well, the only thing I noticed about them is that they appear to have dyed their hair the same identical shade of reddish-orange.

All in all, a great start to this race!
    That's what I thought about the cheese as well Beth ... ROLL IT! And what the heck were those cheese carriers made of cardboard? Man I figured the Swiss would have better wooden cheese carriers.

The flight attendants with the STUPID wheeled luggage? GIVE ME A BREAK -- that had to be a production decision, how in the heck can it be less work than having the pack on your back?

BTW DisneyRox ... the flight attendants can't be counting on their looks, cause they aren't that cute.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    (have there ever been teams before that had rolling suitcases instead of backpacks?)
    I thought that was dumb. It can't be more efficient pulling those things behind you instead of toting the backpack on your back. I'm waiting to see them racing across a busy street only to have those things topple over and spill the contents all over the place.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    BTW DisneyRox ... the flight attendants can't be counting on their looks, cause they aren't that cute.
    Yeah, I was surprised to see them make it on the train to Locarno.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Very pleased!

I was so happy to have my favorite Sunday show back on and TAR didn't disappoint. We had a lot of fun watching "Cheeseburger Hill" and I suspect that the backpacks were made to fall apart on purpose, just to make things more interesting! I can't decide who my favorite is, but I can't stand the bickering couples unless they are arguing about something worthwhile. Also, how about the scenery! How gorgeous were the Alps! I was ready to go!
    Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee'sFan

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's going to be a great race! I'm surprised everyone didn't just roll the cheese wheels down the hill.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I thought it was kind of rude for the "natives" to laugh at them that way but they were funny. I would like to see how they carry it down the hill on those flimsy things. They must use cleats on their shoes. Why on earth would the cheese shed be at the top of that hill if it was so hard to get up and down it. You know they don't go out of their way to do that every day without inventing something easier. That had to have been designed just for the race to make it harder. I thought the same thing when the first couple to roll one was allowed to retrieve it and it counted. Why didn't they just roll the rest of them down. Apparently it didn't damage the cheese.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was kind of rude for the "natives" to laugh at them that way but they were funny. I would like to see how they carry it down the hill on those flimsy things. They must use cleats on their shoes. Why on earth would the cheese shed be at the top of that hill if it was so hard to get up and down it. You know they don't go out of their way to do that every day without inventing something easier. That had to have been designed just for the race to make it harder. I thought the same thing when the first couple to roll one was allowed to retrieve it and it counted. Why didn't they just roll the rest of them down. Apparently it didn't damage the cheese.
    I don't think that the "natives" were being rude. It was clear that TAR set up that challenge with the big muddy hill on purpose. I doubt very highly that it was a "real" set up they were just using on chance. I wish we knew what the production crew made them do ... if they were told they had to try ... otherwise why wouldn't everyone just throw that cheese down the hill. I honestly couldn't believe no one but the Hillbillies though of the sled technique.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you are right. If that was the way it normally was done, then I think it was rude for them to laugh at them the way they did, the contestants not knowing how to do it. But if it was set up that way for the show, then it was supposed to be that funny to all watching. I don't know but if it was a set up and they made those backpacks to fall apart like that, I'm not sure I like that. They usually have to do what the "natives" do for a task and aren't set up to fail right off the bat. I'm wondering about it now. It looked like an impossible task, no matter what but maybe they did it to see how inventive the couples would get. If that is the case, the hillbillies won.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    ... It looked like an impossible task, no matter what but maybe they did it to see how inventive the couples would get. If that is the case, the hillbillies won.
    That's for sure.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I thought this epsiode was fantastic. DD and I were just howling at the cheese challenge.

I love this show ... I'm so happy it's back!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ha ha!

Don't let a cheese hit me...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a great start and I have to say the one team that really annoyed me finished last. This was the first time that I liked all the teams when they started. None seemed really bad like in previous shows.

I was absolutely amazed that the flight attendants were that bad and making travel arrangements. I would think what time it arrives would be the first question asked.

Can't wait for next week.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Don't let a cheese hit me...
    Oh yeah, that would have hurt, big time!

I don't begrudge the Swiss bystanders that were laughing. I agree that the scene was set up the way it was to make it humorous. And if we were all laughing at home, why wouldn't they be there too?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, that bungee jump was terrifying. Just a bunch of rocks and cement below you.

My son and I were among those laughing hysterically at the cheese challenge. It was beyond funny.

I'm thinking the brother/sister team isn't going to be very well liked as the race goes on. And I'm waiting for the wheels to break or fall off the flight attendants' luggage. I think you are right Beth - no teams in the past have been stupid enough to use rolling suitcases.

Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting for one of the cheese wheels to bust through a wall. I'm surprised they didn't do more damage rolling down the hill.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15