Quantcast Disney plans resorts reorganization, layoffs {Merged Threads} - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

If they improved the quality of the merchandise they sold, perhaps people would buy it. I am desperate for some new WDW t-shirts - most of mine are quite a few years old now. However, most of the ones being sold at this time are paper thin and look like they would shred like a paper towel the first time you wash it. Even at the 40% off sale they had in December, I could only find one that I only marginally liked.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lindique View Post
    However, most of the ones being sold at this time are paper thin and look like they would shred like a paper towel the first time you wash it. Even at the 40% off sale they had in December, I could only find one that I only marginally liked.
    Good move! Back in 2004 I bought a shirt that never made it to the first wash. I don't buy clothing at WDW anymore.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRocker View Post
    I guess things have changed a lot in the last two years.
    We went to WDW in 07 and DL that summer, and for us the CM's at DL were rude compared to WDW CM's.
    I guess my next visit to the world will be interesting.

Yes, they need to pay the CM's better, without a doubt. However, Disney's main obligation is to the shareholders. Raises cost money, money that the shareholders will not like to see spent.
    Significant raises for how many thousands? Over the course of a year a single dollar per hour raise for ten thousand employees will cost a touch more than what you may think.

Heck yes they need a raise, but we are talking millions of dollars (yes millions) involved in a significant raise. This would be unacceptable for the owners (shareholders).

This does go way back to the Eisner days. If the CM's had gotten the cost of living raises that they deserved over the years, this wouldn't be a discussion.

The question I have now; What kind of raises have they gotten since Eisner left? Has it gotten any better?
    Actually, Disney's number one obligation should be in the quality of their services offered. Be it merchandise, dining, resorts, mousekeeping, everyday cm interaction etc. The guests are the ones that keep coming back. The guests are the ones lining the pockets of the shareholders. If the guests become unhappy and get wise to the cheap, generic, costcutting ways they won't come back. If they do come back, since practically no one is getting cost of living raises these days, if they only have $2500 to spend on the vacation total and it costs $2350 for food, resort and tickets, then there isn't much left over for the merchandise and no incentive to try to have more available. Disney is cutting their own throat. The live entertainment going the way of the dinosaur is bad too. If I had been able to fund a trip this past Christmas, I would have done something I would never have done in the past. I would have gone to Sea World a day because they had Return2Zero AKA "4 for a dollar". How much would I have spent out of "The World" that day all because they were too stupid to hang on to the best entertainment possible?
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    How much money do they really save by printing "Disney Parks" on all the plates and napkins...I would think the savings are nominal. This actually bugs me...I like seeing Walt Disney World on my cup and on the napkins (which I actually take home btw). To me its taking cost cutting too far at that point.
    I agree with you on this. I'm a relative newbie - I've only been to the World 5 times and never to DL. But I love taking the extra napkins from Walt Disney WORLD (not Parks) home - it brings just such a small bit of bliss back to mind when we use them at home.

With the sheer volume of plates & napkins that they do purchase, I can't imagine that having two printings would make such a huge pricing difference. Get a west coast supplier for DL and an east coast supplier for WDW - shipping would be immensely cheaper than some middle ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, in the volumes they purchase, fractions of cents can make a HUGE difference. You're talking about napkins used by what, maybe 200,000 people three meals a day AND snacks AND people "stealing" extras, etc. 365 days a year...

Here's an off the wall guess. At 200,000 people using 20 napkins a day I come up with close to 1,500,000,000 (That's 1.5 BILLION)napkins a year. The savings, if they can shave off 1/4 of a cent, from those could be $3,750,000.

Please check my math, I multiplied 1.5 BILLION by .25 and then divided that result by 100 to get dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Your math is correct, Rox.

Except that you can double it if you include cups and triple it if you include plates, etc.

Could be a $10,000,000 a year savings by the time you're all done.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

First off, let me say, I wear more Disney branded stuff than anyone I know. DW and I have plates with Mickey on them, I still have the McDonalds Mickey Mouse glasses from 2000. No offense, but getting all bent out of shape over the disposable cups and napkins is absolutely ridiculous. If Disney can save money this way and put it somewhere else, go for it. I drink out of the cup and throw it away. I wipe my face and hands and throw it away, why do I care?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Ever since they closed Horizons and re-named Dixie Landings, the cups and napkins were the only reason we returned to WDW each year. If these are changing - we're out. Thank goodness we still have some from past trips.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    Ever since they closed Horizons and re-named Dixie Landings, the cups and napkins were the only reason we returned to WDW each year. If these are changing - we're out. Thank goodness we still have some from past trips.
    I believe all napkins and cups say "Disney PArks"....and have for at least a year or two

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should have employed an emoticon - I was just kidding, and echoing big blue's sentiment.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: