Quantcast Disney President and CEO Bob Iger Announces the Launch of D23! - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I got my shipping confirmation yesterday, so it would appear the slowness is at least partially linked to their fulfillment process.

That's pretty darn slow. I ordered March 10th and they just shipped it on March 18th?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipped

The package was shipped yesterday. Can not wait to see what surprises await. If anyone gets theirs first, I am not going to read this board, so I will get a surprise when mine arrives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I sort of attributed it to the fact that they didn't want to lay in a huge stock of product before they knew who was buying.
    That is possible, in this economy, but honestly I would expect Disney to have already predicted a certain amount of buy-in before they even gave a green light to this project. They then have at least a percentage of that ready to ship out immediately. Just slap a label on and have it go out.

I don't think I have an unreasonable expectation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That's pretty darn slow. I ordered March 10th and they just shipped it on March 18th?
    That is slow. They could have invested a little more into this and made it operate like the premium service they market it to be.

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought I would let everyone know that I received my membership card in the mail today! Nothing spectacular or news worthy other than the fact it mentions that D23 members get into the expo an hour earlier than other guests.
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.
    Counting down the days...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iDisney View Post
    I just thought I would let everyone know that I received my membership card in the mail today! Nothing spectacular or news worthy other than the fact it mentions that D23 members get into the expo an hour earlier than other guests.

What was the surprise gift?
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memrship Car

I received my card as well, with a mailing saying certificate and magazine will be shipped one to two weeks later and then there will be a second shipping with the suprise gift.

I wonder why they are mailing them in three shipmemts that must cost more money. I heard that the gift is worthy of putting in your house and is nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman1975 View Post
    I wonder why they are mailing them in three shipmemts that must cost more money. I heard that the gift is worthy of putting in your house and is nice.
    Very likely that the items are fulfilled from different locations.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm already kind of disappointed with the membership card. It's just this flimsy, cheap plastic card ... not even as sturdy as a WDW room key.

I expected something more like a credit card quality for 80 bucks.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    Just the cards arrived for most people... my member kit has shipped but has not yet arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    I'm already kind of disappointed with the membership card. It's just this flimsy, cheap plastic card ... not even as sturdy as a WDW room key.

I expected something more like a credit card quality for 80 bucks.
    I dunno I think it's pretty similar to the room keys. I half expected one of those cards that isn't really a card but just plasticy paper. I'm happy with mine - it's sturdier than my Blockbuster card at least. LOL!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)

Once You Go, You Know
    Visit the World you used to know...

Post Thanks / Like

I went ahead and joined. I don't think $75 is all that bad for a year. I spend more on a PMI membership and get less. If anything, after a year I won't renew. My total came to $79.49
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand a car window decal comes with the package. It is white on white, so don't forget to look for it.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    I understand a car window decal comes with the package. It is white on white, so don't forget to look for it.
    Oh sweet! My tinkerbell car decal died in our last icey/slushy/snow storm (part of her head is missing) so it needs a replacement. A D23 sticker would be lovely!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)

Once You Go, You Know
    Visit the World you used to know...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Oh sweet! My tinkerbell car decal died in our last icey/slushy/snow storm (part of her head is missing) so it needs a replacement. A D23 sticker would be lovely!
    It is small, about 2 inches. That's it.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    Get ready... the surprise gift is....

A LITHOGRAPH!!!! YIPPEE!!!! $75 BUCKS FOR A PIECE OF PAPER!!! EPIC FAIL ON DISNEY'S PART AGAIN!!!! I am now sorry I joined.... This is truly pathetic... I should have expected something lousy.... I hope they offer better benefits to members other than a glorified shopping mall online...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    ... I should have expected something lousy....
    I did...

Hey, I bet the frame is nice though!

As I've been telling people for a few years now, set your expectations of Disney low, that way you won't be so dissappointed.

Disney never seems to amaze me [anymore]...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Get ready... the surprise gift is....

A LITHOGRAPH!!!! YIPPEE!!!! $75 BUCKS FOR A PIECE OF PAPER!!! EPIC FAIL ON DISNEY'S PART AGAIN!!!! I am now sorry I joined.... This is truly pathetic... I should have expected something lousy.... I hope they offer better benefits to members other than a glorified shopping mall online...
    A lithograph? Is that the best Disney could come up with? Full access to the archives, and a lithograph? Geez, I wonder, is it suitable for framing? How about buying the D23 frame for 90 bucks. Way to go Disney. You had a great idea, a pretty good viral campaign, followed up by a terrible roll out and horrible offerings. It is official. Disney has lost its way. Walt must be rolling over in his grave.

Post Thanks / Like

They have D23 Mickey pins available through the Disney Movie Rewards. I'm not a member, but I was able to redeem some points to get the pin. It arrived pretty quickly and it's nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    They have D23 Mickey pins available through the Disney Movie Rewards. I'm not a member, but I was able to redeem some points to get the pin. It arrived pretty quickly and it's nice!
    Nice. Disney Movie Rewards has better order fulfillment of D23 merchandise than D23 itself.

Post Thanks / Like

14 Days and counting no membership card nothing! I can't believe after 14 days I have nothing what a joke
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: