Quantcast What is the Deal w/Le Cellier?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the Deal w/Le Cellier?

OMG. we decided to go to Le Cellier on May 21st for dinner...booked solid all day. I then asked to make it on the 23rd...booked solid all day. I got all my other reservations made without a hitch and had plenty of times to pick from. I have never been to Le Cellier's. Is the restaurant small compared to others or is it just typically that full? WOW...couldn't believe it was booked solid...not even an opening on either of those two days.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is always very tough to get into LeCellier. It is not a big restaurant, but not small either. Just very, very popular. We were never able to get a dinner reservation, only lunch, up until last year when we finally were able to get in for dinner.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably the most popular restaurant at Disney. If you don't book it ninety days out, you have trouble but can occasionally, more often at lunch, get in. It's good, but somewhat overrated.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as the 90 day mark (or the old 180) hits, we call to make our ADRs. We usually get into Le Cellier by being VERY flexible. We ask what they have available and that's the first ADR we make. (We may end up eating at a later time than usual.) Then we book everything else around that reservation!

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier is fairly small, and more some reason it is super-popular. It always books up really, really fast, especially for dinner!

Don't panic, it is good, but not awesome, I wouldn't worry if you can't get in.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We have often wondered why it is so popular. We have been a few times (by being flexible), but it's really just a steak house. Our family actually prefers the Coral Reef and Teppan Edo over Le Cellier.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If you have your heart set on this one, try calling back a few times and see if anything has opened. My last trip I called about 4 times before I got in. I enjoyed the food here. I love the chocolate moose.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I enjoy Le Cellier, the food is good and the atmosphere is nice but it is not quite as amazing as its popularity led me to believe.

Our family prefer Coral Reef as you can get a strip steak very similar to Le Cellier's and its got the tank that keeps us entertained throughout the meal.

We are not bothering with Le Cellier this trip.
    Previous Trips
    1998 - Offsite
    1999 - Offsite
    2003 - Offsite
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Pop Century
    June 2009 - Pop Century
    Next trip ... September 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that I posted this before, but maybe not - anyway - My family was booked to eat at Teppanyaki in September 2007 and to make long story short we got found out 2-3 weeks prior to arrival (during free dining) that the restaurant refurb was taking longer than expected and that it wouldn't be open in time. Needless to say they had several options for us in Epcot, none of which we wanted to try ( I know that a lot of people like the France restuarant and Marrakesh, but with my 3 kids it was a nay) We had heard about Le Cellier and figured Steak would please everyone so I asked if there was any way that we could get in there. ( BTW - This was for our daughters Graduations celebration and the anniversary of when DH And I met) They told me no several times, and then offered me a few different options at resorts. none of which would work for us (we didn't rent a car ect.) 2-3 weeks prior to FD doesn't leave you many options. I finally asked if there wasn't anyway at all that they could get us in to Le Cellier since it was us that was being inconvenienced. I was put on hold and they got us in at 5:15 pm. When we went to eat there that day I was AMAZED at the amt of people being turned away as they didn't have adr's. We were seated within 5 minutes and the restaurant was half empty??????? I just don't get it. there were a few families waiting to be seated, but not enough to fill that many tables, and during the course of our meal there were numerous empty tables everywhere. I wonder if during times like FD if they don't fill the place up since its one of the more expesive ones????

maybe it was an isolated incident as we didn't really see this anywhere else ( coral reef had a couple empty tables when we went there.) everywhere else that we ate seemed like wall to wall people - anyway just thought I put that out there. Keep trying and you just might have some luck.

the food was good, but I would never pay that much money for a meal

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not Memorial Day weekend is it, or near that weekend. That's the only thing I can think of, the past two years we've had no problem getting in to Le Cellier. If your set on steaks try Yatchsman, it good they say also, or keep calling back--you'll get something I bet
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to get Le Cellier on May 22, but I couldn't. I had to go with May 23, but I called at 7 am on day 90 to get it. It's hard to get into, but keep calling. On my last trip in Nov 08, I called twice a day and finally got one.
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan328 View Post
    When we went to eat there that day I was AMAZED at the amt of people being turned away as they didn't have adr's. We were seated within 5 minutes and the restaurant was half empty??????? I just don't get it. there were a few families waiting to be seated, but not enough to fill that many tables, and during the course of our meal there were numerous empty tables everywhere. I wonder if during times like FD if they don't fill the place up since its one of the more expesive ones????

the food was good, but I would never pay that much money for a meal
    It's really not that expensive comparatively. You'll pay about the same almost anywhere around World Showcase and in resorts.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

The Le Cellier atmosphere is nice, but it's better at Marekesh, Akershus, Biergarten, and Rose&Crown. The steaks are good, but I make better ones at home. What makes it so nice is the appetizers (cheddar soup, inparticular), the bread sticks, and the great desserts (maple creme brulee).
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it strange as well. I tried making ADR's about 70 days out and it was booked all day the 2 days I tried as well. I think it's a combo of it being a small restaurant and more people using the dining plan. I've eaten there several times in the past and never had a problem.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

It took us the 3rd trip to WDW to finally get a reservation to LeCellier. While it was good; it was not great. I like my steak at Raglan Road a lot better. But I am glad that I finally was able to eat at LeCellier.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Well it sounds like we aren't missing a whole lot then. We have been to Coral Reef so many times we wanted to try something different. I called today and got in Teppon Edo with no problem. I am actually looking forward to that more than Le Cellier anyway. Teppon Edo looks like it is going to be fun. We have some good hibachi grills around here, but I bet they aren't as good as Disney's chefs.

Hey LoriSan...where are you staying? We'll be there May 17th through the 24th and we will be at the CR.

We haven't been before Memorial Day. I am hoping it won't be that bad until that weekend. We usually go after Memorial Day, but I don't like being there when gay days start. Just a personal conviction of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    It's really not that expensive comparatively. You'll pay about the same almost anywhere around World Showcase and in resorts.

I don't disagree with you at all. While we have never really eaten at the resorts, the cost of some of the meals that we ate ( Le Cellier and Coral Reef for instance) I think are just overly priced and not worth the expense.

For my family in particiular we scrimp and save to even be able to go to Disney so eating like Kings is not on our agenda. We did it once (FD) and don't ge me wrong, we did enjoy it, however after reading how paying rack rate for the rooms makes up the difference and that FD really isn't all its cracked up to be I can see how we really kind of did end up "paying" for it. I still think that we got a lot out of it but if I was paying cash for a meal there is no way I would pay $ 200.00+ for a family of 5 to eat - 2 of which were a 5 & 7 year old who ate off the kids menu for less than 10.00 (our bill at Coral Reef w/o tip) I just think there are better things to spend our money on and we simply can't afford to eat like that. Again, this is just our families situation and if you like to and can afford to eat at all of those expensive places go for it - I am sure you won't be disappointed.

We will be doing the QS plan for this trip as we are just truly excited and grateful to be going back at all with things being the way they are with the economy.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antnyh View Post
    Well it sounds like we aren't missing a whole lot then. We have been to Coral Reef so many times we wanted to try something different. I called today and got in Teppon Edo with no problem. I am actually looking forward to that more than Le Cellier anyway. Teppon Edo looks like it is going to be fun. We have some good hibachi grills around here, but I bet they aren't as good as Disney's chefs.
    There are TONS of threads about Le Celier on this board where I've gone off about Le Celier versus Coral Reef and others ... but to summarize my prior posts: I personally prefer both Coral Reef and Teppan Edo to Le Celier.

Le Celier is a nice place and fun to dine at, but the food is nothing particulary special, and it certainly isn't worth the hassle to try to get a table.

Enjoy !

Post Thanks / Like

I love the food and the atmosphere at Le Cellier as do many of my friends so I guess it is just personal preference. You do have to call early to get an ADR so most of the guest at WDW agree that it is a favorite.

It used to be if we didn't plan our trip to WDW 180 days ahead of time...we wouldn't go to Le Cellier...which was a bummer because DH and I typically don't travel that way. I like the 90 day rule much better....I have a better chance of getting the Le Cellier!
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at Le Cellier last week for dinner. This was our second dinner there and I'm not rushing back. I'm really not sure what all the hoopla is about for Le Cellier. Its good steak, but..I have made really good steaks at home too. The cheese soup is fantastic, I would go just for the soup and dessert (maple creme brulee).. the prices were very high. In our opinion it just isn't all its cracked up to be. My husband who does none of the ADR's couldn't believe when I told him how hard it was to secure a ressie at Le Cellier. He couldn't understand why. As I said. Its good. But not knock your socks off, get up at 6:45am to be the first on the phone for a ressie good. Not at all.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: