Quantcast How Often Do You Go, And Why? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We go once a year and would love to be able to go more than that...
    When we think of vacation, this is only place that we come back to and go...Other places are considered but this is it...
    Where else can you go that has so much to offer and you don't have to worry about driving...Every restaurant is right there and being able to pay in advance is great...The only worry that you have is getting there...
    It is also the feeling you have when you get there...All of our worries are gone and I don't think about bills or any of the daily stress that we have...
    It is just this indescribable feeling of happiness that we feel that cant be compared with anything else...We love Disney World...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Once a year and we love it! It's the best 10-12 days of the year!
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

We go several times a year - 3 times lately. We just became DVC owners so we see the 3 times a year as a tradition. We tried to cut it down to 2 this year due to the economy, but couldn't bare to do it. We took a $400 hit and rescheduled our airfare on JetBlue until October and we have decided to drive down in April. We just went in February and before that in December. We never grow tired of it and countdown to our next trip and plan, plan, plan. For us, Disney is part of our life and that will never change. Many of our friends think we are crazy, but I don't care. We are the happiest when at Disney
    Cheloconnell :)

DVC Member Since 2008: BLT, GF, AK, OKW, HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amd780 View Post
    DH wants this to be our last trip for a while though, as he wants to explore other places(
    Huh? Other places?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    Huh? Other places?
    I know, really! Maybe DH will change his mind after our next trip. He'll remember just how much fun WDW is, and maybe he'll understand why I need my yearly fix

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We try to go at least one time per year!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We (me, DW & 2 DS 16 & 13) only make it to WDW about every 18-24 months. I would love to go more often, at least once per year or more, but unfortunately for us the expense is the limiting factor. Finding the time to go is also difficult, because WDW is not our only vacation destination. We also visit a family cottage on a lake every summer and always include another trip to the beach, not to mention camping several times a year on long weekends close to home.
    Also, as the kids get older they are involved in more extra-curricular activities (sports, band, church camps, etc.) that limit our available travel times.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    And each trip DH says is the last one for at least 2 years. I never pressure him, but just wait it out, because by January or so, he starts getting that Disney bug. So I wait for HIM to suggest another trip LOL
    OMG too funny! DH is the same way!! He says I am the one that always wants to go but he is the one that goes through withdrawal. If I wait patiently, about 4 or 5 months after the last visit he will see a Disney commercial and sigh theatrically and say "I miss Tower of Terror". That is my cue to start planning our next trip I have him ALL figured out
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

We tend to go once a year for DS' school vacation. Having been enough times we feel like we're going home. We don't need to race and spend every minute at the parks. We spend time at our resort swimming. A lot of time now is just spent hanging out and relaxing and the fun of just being at Disney.

The "magic" for us now includes all the other things at WDW, parasailing, water skiing, mini golf and this year . What was I thinking when I signed us up for that?

We are trying out different restaurants every time we go and I'm currently on a quest to stay in each of the resorts.

There's still so much to be seen and done at WDW for us.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Not often enough! I wish we could go 2-3 times or more a month (every day might be pushing it, but what a way to spend a retirement!)

It's been almost 5 years since our last trip to Disney World, so I'm really hoping we are able to make a trip next there next year.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

since i was 14 months old..ive been at least once a year..with a few years we went two or three times in a year..
    lately now..the pass few times we have gone done was for a reason..cousins wedding..our honeymoon..and this next trip in oct we are going is a whole big family affair..
    i try to go whenever i can..after this trip in oct who knows when we will be able to afford disney again..i take it as it comes..and go whenever i can!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

We started going 4 years ago, when our daughters were 2 and 5, and we've averaged once a year since then. We can only afford one big vacation a year, so we do have to make the decision each year if we want to go back to Disney, or try somewhere else. For now, Disney always wins. When our youngest starts school and learns to read, we'll probably start mixing in some more educational trips, and when they're both a couple years older, we may try some more adventurous vacations - but for the ages they are now, you can't beat WDW. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm the one who can't bear not to go there every year! No, the magic has not waned yet. In fact - I feel like we are still newbies, learning the ropes and discovering new things every trip!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We try to go once a year but have to skip this year because I'm expecting baby #2 in May! I absolutely LOVE WDW even though we've done everything there multiple times. I can't explain why, but I never get tired of it. It's especially nice now that we're so familiar with everything because I don't feel like I have to rush and hit every single attraction in one day. We take our time and enjoy the little things...like relaxing in the rocking chairs on Main Street, or browsing through the art gallery in Epcot. I personally feel that WDW is so much more enjoyable this way - no pressure, no rushing, no tight scheduling to fit everything in. One of my favorite things to do is take a day and relax by the pool at the Beach Club (where we usually stay), hit Beaches & Cream and stroll along the boardwalk at night. Love it!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

We typically go once a year. This year we bought annual passes to try to sneak a few mini-trips and see if it was possible. We spend a solid week and the other trips have been between 2-4 days long. Our son is 3 and we have been going regularly as a couple since 1995 which was my first trip. We do vacation elsewhere for a week out of the year too...SHHH!

Like others have shared, the magic doesn't get old. It's just different - we go at a much slower pace and know that if the wait for a special attraction is just too much, we'll be back! We have started adding different things to our trips too - last year we did an Illuminations fireworks cruise, and this year we are going to do a Segway tour. In May we are going to try 6 new restaurants that we've never eaten at. There is so much at WDW that we've never done and having a son that has been going since he was an infant, every trip is different for him too as his reactions to rides change.

There will be years in the future that we don't go (GASP) as there have been in the past, but for now it's on our regular vacation rotation!
    Stefanie

Disney Trips
    BCV 2009
    POP 2009
    FW Cabin 2008
    BCV 2008
    GF 2008
    POFQ 2007
    Contemporary 2006
    Poly 2004
    DD Doubletree 2001
    Contemporary 1999
    ASM 1998
    Off Property 1997
    DISNEYLAND 1997
    Off Property 1996
    Ft Wilderness 1995

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I would love to go every year, it's just not possible for my boyfriend and me (recent college graduates) to do so. I'm a Disneyholic and my boyfriend is not, so to be fair we have come to an agreement to make Disney a 'every other year' trip. I'll take it where I could get it!

We've only been to WDW once, but I grew up going to Disneyland, and the magic could just never die for me. I love it as much - maybe even more than - I did when I was a kid.
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

We try to go a couple times a year at least. My DW grew up going but I had never gone until our honeymoon. Since then I have been trying to get caught up. We go as often as we do because both our DSs love WDW and in today's society I would rather them be obsessed with WDW than other things out there they could be into. I love WDW and as long as I can afford it we will try to continue to go as often as possible.
    Sept. '99 YC
    Oct. '02 PC
    May '03 CS
    Sept 16-20 05 CS
    Mar 14-19 06 PORS
    May 31-June 4 06 PC
    Sept 13-16 06 PC
    Mar 17-22 07 YC
    June 2-9 07 YC
    Sept 14-18 07 YC, MNSSHP
    Feb 1-4 08 YC, P and P Party
    Sept 25-30 08 YC, MNSSHP
    Nov 11-15 09 YC MVMCP
    Apr 15-18 10 YC
    Oct 20 '10
    Nov 19-24 10 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I go every other year because of finances but would go yearly if I could. My trip in June will be #12 and I know they it will be as wonderful as the other 11. My son and I (his fiance is joining us this year) have been going together since he was a toddler (He is now 22). After my divorce, I needed a safe place to vacation. WDW was perfect for us and has become a family tradition.
    We buy the dining plan and enjoy trying new restaurants every trip. We have also slowed down a little and enjoy our surroundings more. We see more shows and do more shopping instead of running with the crowds at rope drop (Ok, maybe I will still run to Space Mountain and I am 55!).
    WDW is always changing which is wonderful, and we do a lot of pre-planning from home to make sure it is a fresh, new trip every time.
    June 1975 offsite
    Sept 1977 offsite
    June 1985 offsite
    March 1990 Fort Wilderness
    June 1994 Caribbean Beach
    March 1996 Allstar Sports
    March 1998 Allstar Movies
    March 2001 Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2004 Pop Century
    Dec 2007 Pop Century
    Nov 2010 POFQ
    next trip June 2012 ASM

Post Thanks / Like

We go 1-2 times a year, and it still hasn't lost its magic for us.

One of the biggest reasons we go is because there is nowhere else in the world where we can have as much or more fun. I'm not much of a beach person, and I hate to shop, so places like Gulf Shores, AL and Gatlinburg, TN are typically out of the question for me. My wife feels the same way.

Money and time are also big reasons. Going to other places can be just as or more expensive than a WDW trip, and we only have a limited amount of money and vacation time, so we like to go to a place where we know our money and time will be well spent.

That's not to say we don't go to other places occasionally, but we've yet to find anywhere else that makes us as happy as WDW.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Intially I felt the same way the OP felt. I would not take the kids more than once a year...Well from my signature you can see that has not happened the last couple of years. No, it has not lost the "magic". Now when we go we can take our time and enjoy. We don't have to rush to squeeze in every single ride, parade ,show etc.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: