Quantcast welp

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: welp

Post Thanks / Like

Default welp

Through two days here in WDW I have been in two parks. Yesterday we hung out in MK, did a lot of tomorrowland, frontierland, and adventureland. Most of that is out of the way. Dumb old Space Mountain broke down right when I was about to use my fast pass... I think I might know who was involved with that!

Oh, and for those interested, my first meal here at the polynesian resort did include sticky wings... Delicious.

Day two my dad went golfing on Magnolia so Mom and I went to winterwonderland Mini Golf. Naturally I kicked her butt (which is won by 2) and made it on the leader board for the days lowest score! Then mom and I hit Blizzard Beach, got nice and tan, and headed back to the hotel. We had dinner down at some brewry on the Boardwalk, watched the UConn game (Disappointing if I may say, but I think UNC is unstoppable), and went to Down town Disney. Down town is soooo lame now that most of the night life has been taken away...

Anyways, I hope I can keep up with these updates. IDK though. I'll try!!!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sticky Wings - a delicacy of the gods!
    I'll forgive ya not waving as you flee over this time, but my "Ice Sense" better tingle as you fly back over on the return trip!
    TRY to have fun!!!!!
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Not a wing fan, but I'll take your word for it.

I've only done the Fantasia Golf, but the other two look like fun. I wish I were getting nice and tanned at Blizzard beach!
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip so far looking forward to hearing if your run into the Intercot Crew that you were suppose to meet up with. I bet that Fan doesn't make it
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip so far!

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I bet that Fan doesn't make it
    I bet I won't either
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

What day was that? I was probably working Stitch or Buzz complex. Did you stop by Asto? Yesterday I worked Buzz mainly COP and Monsters. Stitch was bad this morning he crossed the wires. He must have been messing with the wiring over night that little blue stinker. Now now not you Genie I mean Stitch. Lol
    Space has been having a lot of issues of late. You don't suppose she knows she's getting a maker over do you?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the next update! Hope you're having a lot of fun
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Look at that. Already a half day behind!!! Yesterday we were in Epcot the whole day. Rode The Land, Test Track, Mission to Mars (A couple G forces in no joke!!), and a few other rides. It was soo sticky out! We talked to a CM who was in a 3/4 sweater and black pants and she said she was comfortable. ARE YOU KIDDING!!!! I was sweating just by being alive, not even moving! Oh tropic weather I enjoyed a nice Spaten in Germany, a Japanese lunch, and some Canadian brews as well. Those blasted Canadians... Although, if I may, French Canadian accent...

Right now my Dad and brother are out golfing, again. Mom and I went to the gym this morning and are eating breakfast now. Today will be spent in the Animal Kingdom. An insider tip said the animals are more active in rain than in heat!

My name isn't JP, so there will be more updates to come!!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by varcity View Post
    My name isn't JP, so there will be more updates to come!!
    Hey!!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Hey!!!!
    and with that, I'm back!

I was at Animal Kingdom alllllll day yesterday. It wasn't the greatest day. Actually one of the worst so far

We got in and went straight to Everest. But of course it held a 70 minute wait and the quickest fast pass was at 7:15, so we took it. We headed over to the safari adventure which also had a 70 minute wait, and we waited. It started raining while in line. And not when we were inside the house or underneath the cover, but when we were out side go figure. So mom and I got soaked while dad and brother sat inside dry.. That 70 minute wait ended up being a 100 minute wait which angered some of us, but it was worth it once out on Safari.

We ate at the buffet in the park and decided to head to Dinoland where we road the tricerotops spin and the dinosaur ride. The dinosaur ride I remember as being scary and I remembered correct. Probably the only ride I am really kinda scared of. The picture was classic of my dad, we took a picture of it since they wanted $20 for one photo. The Kali river rapids were closed most of the day and by time we got back to them it was too cold to want to get wet so we went over and made good with our fast passes. This was my first time on Everest and it was sooo much fun. It's a really short ride, but it is very exhilarating. I loved the entire thing. I missed the hydraulic yeti though which was disappointing to me.

We headed back to the hotel at 8 and got to the bar just in time for a front row seat in front of the TV where we watched UNC whoop up on Michigan St. Go Tar Heels!!!

Today is colder than yesterday, but supposed to be dryer, so we are going to head over to Hollywood studios for the day. Woot Woot. Oh, and France for dinner tonight! I am going to be adventurous and try the Escargot But hey, you gotta try everything once!

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

I worked today from 6 to 2:30, if you were there I probably did see you but then again there were a lot of guests in the park today.
    I'm off tomorrow, and yes I'm counting down the days until a certain attraction goes down. Just so I can stop getting shocked by it. Let's see I do work Friday, with tomorrow being my only day off this week and next. So hum where shall I go with my new toy to take some pictures? maybe I'll text a certain guard cat, or someone else. decisions, decisions, decisions.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I missed dotrocks :/ She was only available today, but today we headed into the MK. more on that later.

Yesterday was a full day in Hollywood. The crowds were huge and the lines were longer. Our first line was 70 minutes for the rockin rollercoaster... But as much as I hated the wait, the ride is definitely worth it. The loop to double cork screw combo is one of my favorites among any coaster I have ever been on. And to add it was in the dark and it completely disoriented me, I loved it. By far one of my favorite roller coasters ever. Pretty much we walked around the rest of the day. We went through the Walt walking museum, rode the back lot tour and the great movie ride, and the Tower of Terror (might I add that I think DCA has a better ToT ride...). This was probably the most full I have ever seen a Disney park.. It was a very cold day with a lot of wind. I was comfortable is pants and a sweater.

After the park we took the boat to EPCOT and ate dinner in France. French people are very rude by nature, and working in a Disney park has not changed them. The food was okay at most. I did eat the snails and it wasn't as bad as you would think. It's a mind over matter thing... and might I add, french women are so much less cute than I thought. Then I realized they also don't shave... Completely over the French... hahaha

Today as I said I was in the MK all day. Mom and I toyed around, mostly hitting shows because they held the lowest wait times (philharmagic which I hope replaces Honey I shrunk the audience is awesome, and I also wish we still had the country bear jamboree) and decided the original tiki room is so much better than being under new management. We shopped a lot. WDW has so much better merchandise than DLR, although I haven't found a shop selling D23 merch which I was excited for. We ate over in the UK where I had 4 pints and then Dad and I stayed in the park for a fifth pint in Germany. Mainly just walking and admiring sights!

tomorrow we are hitting Blizzard Beach and doing the Polynesian dinner show. I am hoping friday to do MK again so Trackbarroness, look out!!! I know lots of people are around, but I am the only 6'4" dude wearing a monorail t-shirt!!!

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you were in the park when DHS was close to being closed to the public yesterday. They almost hit Phase 1, which is crazy. Magic Kingdom has been closed for a period of time the last two days, with it being closed in Phase 4 to EVERYONE yesterday. It's never this crowded over Spring Break/Easter...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I hope when we meet I'm not in a Safety critical position. I hope I'm moving strollers at the time, that way we can spend more time chatting. Can't wait until Friday, because I won't have to open anything. LOL
    Awesome report dude.

Post Thanks / Like

they were turning everyone away from blizzard beach today. We got in early though so no worries!

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're having fun despite the crazy crowds we are having down here. It really is crazy I can't imagine why there are SO many people this week as it isn't usually this crowded for spring break.

If you're in MK tomorrow I will be there all day working PAC which is Parade Control I will be there from 10:30 am to 12:45 am so if you watch the 12:00 or 3:00 CADCT or 5:15 or 6:45 MISICI or 9:00 or 11:00 SpectroMagic I will most likely be there for that. (Wow that is alot of parades in one day lol) Just look for the CM with the name tag of Chris thats from Joliet Junior College. Hope to see you there!
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a goof if not insane trip. Glad your enjoying yourself despite the crowds. I am hoping it calms down a bit by Sept/Oct... heheh

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Welp, I feel like I'm being tasteless in that I am writing about myself while a lot of focus should be on Erin. Heavens hold her well.

As stated last time I reported, we were going to Blizzard Beach thursday, and we did. We spent a good majority of the time there. I went on every slide with my brother, and I couldn't find it in me to want to wait 90 minutes for Summit Plummet, as badly as I wanted to ride. Not much to report here, my farmers tan is now even and I had a lot of fun. We went to the Polynesian dinner show that night. My opinion: kinda cheesy for the first hour. I think the second half was much more interesting because it was traditional. Overall impression: eh.

Friday my dad went out golfing again for his third round. The brother, mom, and I went to DHS because I had never seen the Lights Cameras Motor show. Last time I was here in 2005 they were doing soft openings and I missed it. We saw the Indiana Jones stunt show first. Still an entertaining show. I always look at the precision timing and think of how things are happening in explosions and other special effects. The Lights Cameras Motors show was really cool. I love cars and what they have done to these cars is amazing. Not to mention how precise each move is with these cars. The tolerances have to be minimal between each car and any loss of concentration can cause some damage.

We headed over to Epcot to dine in Mexico. It was a pretty good meal. There is a duck appatizer there that if you ever go, you need to try. It was really tasty. Would you believe that out of 11 countries, the brother and I only took a picture with the Mexican waitress? Ha, I can get that picture anywhere in America!

So after Epcot, we headed back to the hotel, napped a little bit, went swimming for a little bit. I headed over to the MK at around 1030 and got in just as the parade started. I realized how big the parade route was at this point and how incredibly difficult it would be the find Dino in the dark. Super failure for me. Mom and I stayed in the park till 3 am and rode all the kid rides we hadn't gotten to yet. Might I say that the WDW space mountain truely is terrible.. Sorry, I'm honest. Hopefully the major refurb coming to it will be good. For me, the ride doesn't have any sound, is jerkier than the Matterhorn, and lacks true excitement. Being in the dark alone doesn't make it fun. In DLR, I actually feel like I'm floating in space which adds to the affect, along with the timed music, it makes the experience one of the best! /rant

Well, I had read that if you go to the Jungle Cruise and ask someone for a history of the jungle cruise tour they would do it. So I asked. Apparently it's in the Keys to the Kingdom tour that people pay for. However, the skippers are so awesome there. The boss was on the dock with the skippers and didn't approve the tour for us. however, the skipper was willing to give us the tour off of her microphone. So my mom and I waited for her boat. Unfortunately other people came on, and she can't turn them down for us, so we were going to have to ride like normal. At the last minute another skipper came over and he fought for us and got the tour approved! So while half of the boat was listening to the jokes, we were listening to the history! It was really fun. See if someone would be willing to do this for you next time you ride.

Well, today is our last full day. My dad turned 50 today, and again he is out golfing. I don't know our plans other than eating at Fulton's crab house. I'm kind of sad knowing I have 24 hours left, but oh well. I'll be back soon.

Last thought, with all the people in the park, the parks being closed because of maximum occupancy, and lines being 90 minutes each, aren't we in recession?

Have a good day Intercot!

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports Varcity - very impressed that have been kept up to date while you are still in WDW!!!

Even though the economy's tough right now, don't forget it's Easter / Spring break for many places. It's funny how the parks reached capacity, but WDW is on a hiring freeze / making cutbacks... lol

Glad you are having a good trip! Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet - another time, maybe.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by varcity View Post
    I don't know our plans other than eating at Fulton's crab house.
    Boat Boat!
    You need not worry about any other plans Fulton's is enough in one day. If you had invited me to dinner I might have even flown down just to join you
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: