Quantcast Let's all Go Cup Crazy! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post

Here we go again...
    Indeed.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Actually is more like beware the Refs when playing the Penguins!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    But hey Jeff I mean pot ... don't be calling kettle black, dude, because no one gets babysat by the refs more than "Marty"!! God forbid you get near that dude's crease or ... GASP ... accidentally bump into him! Not THE EXALTED ONE "Marty"!! Oh no ... into the Sin Bin you shall go if you dare invade Marty's space!!
    LOL! You beat me to it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Seriously, I mean I defended the guy. What more do you want?
    How about you becoming a convert? Imagine, Ian, you being a true Penguins fan - what a glorious day that would be...
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

How about you becoming a convert? Imagine, Ian, you being a true Penguins fan - what a glorious day that would be...
    Here's a tip, Kath ... I wouldn't hold your breath!!

I don't know what it is, but for some reason the Pens seem to have a knack (much like the Rangers) of attracting players that annoy the bejeesus out of me.

Crosby being at the very, very tippy-top of that list!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lets go DUCKS !!!!!!

16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Ian and Maryanne, did you get your Flyers Flat Stanley? I hear they are all the rage in Philly. I know that Crosby irritates the heck out of you Ian so this is for you - Sidney the Bunny vs the Flyers Flat Stanley. Sidney belongs to my friend's son - and yes, he was named after Sidney Crosby.

Sidney pic

Looks like Sidney won - a preview of things to come.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I do not have a Flyers Flat Stanley but that is too funny. The bunny performed a perfect decapitation!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

7 hours and 55 minute until the drop of the

Let's Go Devils!!!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Ian and Maryanne, did you get your Flyers Flat Stanley? I hear they are all the rage in Philly. I know that Crosby irritates the heck out of you Ian so this is for you - Sidney the Bunny vs the Flyers Flat Stanley. Sidney belongs to my friend's son - and yes, he was named after Sidney Crosby.

Sidney pic

Looks like Sidney won - a preview of things to come.
    Hee hee...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We'll see ... based on the way the Flyers stumbled into the post-season I'm not expecting good things from this series.

But you never know ... I am a big believer in the revenge factor and the Flyers will be motivated to pay the Pens back for last season's playoff ouster.

Although, we haven't played well against them in the regular season either. 2-2-2, which basically means 2-4.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea but Ian, win or lose it's Pens/Flyers...does it get any better?

Post Thanks / Like

TOTAL domination tonight. The Pens looked faster and more physical. No one can complain about the refs either.

One thing that did bother me was the Flyers' thuggery at the end. The cross check on Staal was bush league. Hopefully that won't continue.

Post Thanks / Like

The last 18 seconds was some of the dirtiest hockey I have ever seen, even for the Flyers. That was just down-right poor sportsmanship. Hockey, out of all the professional sports, still has the most dignity. Why do they have to do that? The league needs to step in and do something.
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post

One thing that did bother me was the Flyers' thuggery at the end. The cross check on Staal was bush league. Hopefully that won't continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyboundagain View Post
    The last 18 seconds was some of the dirtiest hockey I have ever seen, even for the Flyers. That was just down-right poor sportsmanship. Hockey, out of all the professional sports, still has the most dignity. Why do they have to do that? The league needs to step in and do something.

Ya' know, I have to admit, I didn't see the play so I can't comment on it. I flipped over to Lost at 9pm because I just was not enjoying the game and my heart wasn't in it. Guess I'm still caught up with the Phils and the passing of Harry Kalas. Who is the player we're talking about? I read in a game summary that Hartnell took a lot of stupid penalties but nothing was specified about the end of the game. However I have to disagree that hockey has the most dignity (unless we define the term differently). I once did an extensive 20 page research paper on the history of hockey, and aside from the traditional handshake at the end of a series, a longstanding and very dignified tradition, it's historically been a violent, rough and tumble sport. It certainly is an amazing sport that has produced some majestic skill players like Gretzky for example, but hockey is also one of the dirtiest sports around. For every beautiful skill player you have a handful of guys who abuse their bodies to protect their ability to make those plays. We are talking about a sport where guys are famous for losing teeth and having black eyes and broken noses all the time, and it doesn't seem out of place. Where it's OK to shove someone into a board to block them from getting to the puck. It's gritty and it's manly and it's blue collar. There have always been fights, cheap shots, etc. Hockey is often a battle of the boards and tempers get heated easily. As far as the league doing something about it, they are. The league has been working hard to get the fighting out in recent years and they DO come down hard on those who play too rough. Some like that, some don't. I personally am not a fan of cheap shots at all (I mean who really would be?), but I do like fights and good bench clearing brawl every now and then. Hockey used to be, hands down, my favorite sport. My first screen name back in the AOL days was "FlyersGal09" and I would write my own weekly articles for my dad about the team because I was once an aspiring journalist. The Flyers have had some exciting runs in recent years, but something is just different about hockey for me lately and I find it slipping down my list. But, I'm from the town where the Broad Street Bullies were lauded and celebrated, so I'm probably coming from a different perspective.
    Of course I'm behind the Flyers all the way, but I won't be heartbroken if they're ousted early this year.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

What?? No CANUCKS fans out there???
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the play in reference?
    There was Scott Hartnell going all Raging Bull, committing three minor penalties and then capping his evening with a 10-minute misconduct.

Hartnell defended two of his penalties, calling the third a "brain cramp" brought on by being tired at the end of a shift. But all three were unnecessary and had the net effect of turning Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar and Jordan Staal loose in the Flyers' zone.
    Watched the local sports shows but they didn't show the play. Guess they wouldn't want to highlight the bad stuff.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I can't honestly say I actually "saw" much of the game so I won't comment either. DD has a school project that needs completed by Friday (don't they know it's the playoffs?) so I was at Walmart for the beginning of the game and couldn't find it on the radio so I listened to the Pirates game instead. Once we got home, the game was on in the background but we were working at the kitchen table so I wasn't in a position where I could really watch it, only hear it.

My cousin's boy went to the game to sit on the lawn and watch the big screen outside the arena. As he and his friend approached, a reporter from KDKA TV approached them and gave them tickets to the game - their seats were 5 rows back behind one of the goalcages. Pretty awesome for a couple of 16 yo boys who drove an hour expecting to sit outside!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

did you get your Flyers Flat Stanley?
    Flyers played like Flat Stanley last night!!

It is hockey, not table tennis.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say after being at last night's game I am one Happy Devils Fan at least until Friday Night Just showed what we can do when we dictate play and go on the attack.

Didn't really see much more than highlights from the other games so I really can't comment much on them. As for a scuffle at the end of 4-1 playoff loss this is very common and has been going on for years. Remember a series is a marathon so any extra bump or bruise you can give wears on the other team later in the series.

Let's Go Devils!!!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

TOTAL domination tonight. The Pens looked faster and more physical. No one can complain about the refs either.

That was uncalled for (what the Flyers did last night at the end off the game). They were seeing how may penalties they could get and even crosschecked Talbot on the faceoff in the final seconds which wasn't called (Like it matters). I guess when you are not talented as a hockey team you cheat and play dirty. The NHL was watching and you better believe they are going to call the next game tight from the start after that display. It sounds wimpy, but do you really want to see someone get hurt with a cheapshot? Yes this includes the "whiner" (103 point Crosby) and Malkin, the Art Ross winner. As much as people don't want to hear it, the NHL is not going to let these guys get hurt by some goon obviously lacking in hockey skill.

I am going to the game tomorrow night. Sitting by the tunnel where the Flyers come on and off the ice. I will be booing loudly and getting rid of my frusturations of the week. After all, that is what pro-sports is all about to me. I like to have passion and get out my frustrations over something that really doesn't matter all that much in the long run. Don't worry, I do not curse and am respectfully of the people around me, but it is a hockey game.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: