Quantcast The Wave?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: The Wave?

Post Thanks / Like

Question The Wave?

I haven't seen much about The Wave at the Contemporary. I have heard a few good things about it but would love to hear from people who have eaten there- loved it/hated it? I haven't seen enough positive about it to be convinced to use one of my 7 TS credits for it but it does look like a neat place.
    88- Grand Floridian
    98- All Star Sports
    00- Caribbean Beach
    03- Port Orleans FQ
    09- Pop- FREE DINING!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Wave

We ate there last year was disappointed. My wife normally isn't picky but she left most of her pork tenderloin on the plate. My filet was under cooked and tiny. I had celery infused mashed potatoes which were gross. I hate giving any bad reviews at WDW, but this place, unless they made some dramatic improvements won't be visited by us again.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Default the wave

We ate there last year. I had the beef tenderloin which was very good but you can get a good steak just about anywhere on Disney property. The one thing I didn't like was that there are no windows so it's very dark; I felt like I was in the basement. I don't think it would be worth going back to.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in March and had the pork tenderloin and the beef tenderloin. Both were very good and cooked to our liking. The celery mashed potatoes were unexpected but tasty as were the roasted vegs. that came with the pork. We were disappointed with the desserts as all except the sorbet had nuts and nuts allergies are a problem. Since dessert was included we had the sorbet, but given the chance for a re-do, we'd probably skip it. The theming is kind of lacking - I was expecting a strong water theme, but aside from the lounge there's no hint of water or waves.

Overall, I was nervous about dining there because after making our ADRs I'd only seen bad or so-so reviews, but I have to say we were pleasantly surprised by our entrees. Seems as though we're in the minority, so I guess everyone has different tastes.

Don't know if we'd go back...we tend to move around and try different things. This trip the Wave was one of those new things. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there last year in early June. I have to say that we were not impressed! Overall the food wasn't great, the prices were way too high for what you got and the overall feel of the place was lacking something. We are not typically a picky family but this was just an overall bad expereince. We are headed back in late May and will not be returning to the Wave!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The WaVe

My niece and nephew ate there in October and really liked it!!!
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have to say the due to previous postings about this restaurant, my wife and I hesitated eating there. However, on our last trip, we decided to give it a try, and we were very pleasantly surprised. The service was very good, and we enjoyed the food a lot. I can't say that we'll go there to eat every trip, but I would not hesitate to return or to recommend it to others thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

The theming is pretty boring. The entrance and bar are nice but the dining room is blah. The food is kind of blah too. The chicken pot pie was awful (and two different people had it). The sustainable fish of the day was just OK. The lamb shank was pretty good. The best part was dessert. I would go back for dessert and coffee but that is about it.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ate there twice

I thought that while there were some things that could have been implemented a little better the meals that we had there were on the good side. We went for a breakfast and a dinner and enjoyed both. I thought that the desserts could have been better, but they weren't too bad. I do plan on returning in the future.
    -- End of line

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: