Quantcast Tell me why you will only stay on site?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me why you will only stay on site?

We've only stayed off site. Our first trip on site is coming in May and I am beside myself!!!
    Tell me all of the reasons you like to be on site!
    Offsite as a teen

2003 offsite at the now Nick hotel
    2009 May POR

Kaylee 14
    Delaney 11
    Emmi 3
    DH 38 and me 37

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is something special about being surrounded by the magic 24/7. When you stay on property, regardless of which resort you are staying in, you are constantly immersed in the Disney world. From turning on your TV first thing in the morning as you get ready for the parks to hearing decidedly Disneyesque music as you walk out your room door. Still want more Disney? walk through your hotel and check out the Disney details in the carpet, wall art, etc (see hidden mickies, etc).
    From your resort, grab a bus to the park. Listen to the announcements, check out the trip itself. All of these details make you feel more in the in touch with the Magic from wake up to heading back to your resort.
    All of the Disney plussing that goes on and if you are luck you don't really notice it and when you do, it just adds to the magic! Add to that the array of amazing restaurants and food options as well as the ease of having all of your ticket options available at reception as well as having all items purchased in the parks shipped to your room for free and there is no way i would every stay of property again!

D

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

For me, the moment I step on Magical Express--it whisks me away to a magical world. Everything is so convenient. When we used to stay off property, we'd have to wait for everyone to shower, dress, eat and then the drive to WDW - it just seemed like it ate up a good portion of the time you have in the parks. When we stay on property, the family members who want to sleep in - can - and those of us that want to be a rope drop, are there. We can come and go as we please and there are no arguments.
    Plus I enjoy all the theming that the resorts have.
    08/07 Ft. Wilderness Cabins (WAHOO!)
    10/06 All Stars Music (me & dd)
    6/06 POFQ
    6/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    1/05 Offsite and Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    8/03 Offsite
    3/02 Offsite
    9/99 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

if i couldn't stay on site i wouldn't go - staying on site is part of the magic - no car, parking, traffic - i leave the real world behind for a week - its magic
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

It is magical being in a Disney resort - the theming at the values is fun, the grounds around the mods and deluxes is beautiful, you are immersed in Disney 24 hrs a day, and if you so choose, you can take Disney transportation everywhere - no driving! My DD recently stayed off-site with her marching band and said that while her room was nice and had queen beds, the bathroom was so small you could barely move (let alone share it among 4 girls!), the pool was just a rectanglar cement hole in the ground, and the daily trudge to their charter buses was worse than waiting for a Disney bus - the only plus was a guaranteed seat when they got to their bus!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it is whether I am going to WDW or going on vacation. If I am going to WDW, I am going to WDW. If I am going on vacation, I will stay elsewhere.

1. WDW is WDW, not some time share outside or home for rent.
    2. Convenience - buses, no parking fees, no driving
    3. Disney atmosphere is everywhere
    4. You don't have to expect good service, it is complementary. You don't know what you will get outside of WDW

Anyone can argue these, but this is why I stay on property.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

The main reason we always stay on site is we feel like were in WDW 24/7(which we are). Once were on site there are no worries. Also of course there is the WDW transportation EMH and the wonderful themeing of the resorts. You can also book ADRs at the front desk or even ask for a print out of your ADRs. Little things about your trip are easier when you stay on site. And yes we have stayed offsite before and we certainly felt like tourerists and if we asked what was a good seafood restraunt we got the restraunt that gave the bellman a kick back, when we asked for a cab we got his buddy sorry not for us.
    Kim & Danelle

August 2000 - All Star Movies
    August 2001 - All Star Music
    August 2005 - All Star Movies & Pop Century
    May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    September 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Staying onsite gives you that extra level of being away from it all. There is actually no dealing with the real world at all if you so choose...between DME and the Disney transportation system, and the CM's at the resort and parks...you are completely immersed in the Disney way during your stay. It is
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm afraid I can't add much to what the OP's have said, they've pretty much covered it... just to say that we've done both, and totally enjoy staying onsite SO much more! You really feel like you are a part of the magic and a part of Disney from the moment you wake up (to Stich's wake-up call) to when you're going to bed (after hearing "We wish you magical dreams") after you call for your next day's wakeup call.

Nothing is perfect... sometimes you have to wait a bit for a bus, sometimes you have to ask for something in your room to be re-done or brought... but always it is done with a smile, with courtesy (okay, usually -- we haven't been one of the unlucky ones who've been the recipient of a surly CM, thankfully) and it is always worth it, b/c you still have all the little things around you that DIsney does so well to immerse you in their world.

When we stayed offsite, we always felt like we were "leaving" when we had to go wait for hotel transportation... then the drive through unfamiliar areas and all the reminders of the outside world and "real life"... and we just found ourselves waiting for the next day, when we could get back within Disney's walls.

I'm sure one day we will travel to Orlando and stay elsewhere -- but that will only be when we are doing things in Orlando that have nothing to do with Disney!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

It just feels right- no traffic to deal with- worrying if you are going the right way- no traffic jams, etc. I don't have to drive to get to the parks. I am emmersed in Disney which is great. The hotel is all about Disney and for the most part most of the cm's go above and beyond. If there's a problem they try to fix it for you and even compensate if your not satisfied. Wonderful experience.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Convenience (no driving, no parking, etc)

2. The Immersive Effect (i.e. you feel like your dipped in Disney magic with non stop theming)

3. The Customer Service umbrella - folks at your hotel can help with dinner reservations, tickets issues, general quesitons, etc.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

There are tons of reasons:

1) You have that Disney experience even when you aren't at the parks...from the time you enter the property you are seeing signs, buses, decor that just keeps making you think, I'm really at Disney World
    2) Transportation to and from parks-I hate driving somewhere I'm not familiar with, not to mention the hassle of finding parking and the time you waste when you can hop a bus and be in a park in minutes
    3) Extra Magic Hours
    4) Cool-themed pools
    5) Excellent dining options just a walk away
    6) You can peruse gift shops at your resort instead of wasting park time in the park gift shops/of course I still do
    7) The resorts have pamplets/time guides handy
    8) The front desk will help with ADRs
    9) Disney Character Wake UP Calls
    10) Wonderful Mousekeeping with towel animals

So many more reasons, but these are just a few

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    There is something special about being surrounded by the magic 24/7. When you stay on property, regardless of which resort you are staying in, you are constantly immersed in the Disney world. From turning on your TV first thing in the morning as you get ready for the parks to hearing decidedly Disneyesque music as you walk out your room door. Still want more Disney? walk through your hotel and check out the Disney details in the carpet, wall art, etc (see hidden mickies, etc).
    From your resort, grab a bus to the park. Listen to the announcements, check out the trip itself. All of these details make you feel more in the in touch with the Magic from wake up to heading back to your resort.
    All of the Disney plussing that goes on and if you are luck you don't really notice it and when you do, it just adds to the magic! Add to that the array of amazing restaurants and food options as well as the ease of having all of your ticket options available at reception as well as having all items purchased in the parks shipped to your room for free and there is no way i would every stay of property again!

D

D
    same here

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres so many little things that make staying on site more enjoyable. As others have said, the theming, the music and all the little details.
    Simply being on property makes our vacation that much more enjoyable, we get the feeling of being so far away from the "real world". Even though there are a few signs of the real world, ( McDonalds, Hess, 7/11 etc.) it still feels as if we are in another world.
    We always rent a car, so when we are driving around its like we are on an island somewhere.
    On site perks like free parking, emh, disney tv and all the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    There are tons of reasons:

1) You have that Disney experience even when you aren't at the parks...from the time you enter the property you are seeing signs, buses, decor that just keeps making you think, I'm really at Disney World
    2) Transportation to and from parks-I hate driving somewhere I'm not familiar with, not to mention the hassle of finding parking and the time you waste when you can hop a bus and be in a park in minutes
    3) Extra Magic Hours
    4) Cool-themed pools
    5) Excellent dining options just a walk away
    6) You can peruse gift shops at your resort instead of wasting park time in the park gift shops/of course I still do
    7) The resorts have pamplets/time guides handy
    8) The front desk will help with ADRs
    9) Disney Character Wake UP Calls
    10) Wonderful Mousekeeping with towel animals

So many more reasons, but these are just a few
    Ditto!! Oh and my DD loves the wonderful balloons she gets when we check in!! It is just a special feeling to be there 24/7!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been once, but that was alll it took to be hooked! We were going to stay off site this year and I thought I'd still be just as excited, but as it got closer I was so disappointed when I started thinking about all we'd be missing out on.

We still prefer to drive our own car, but like several PPs said that 24hr Disney magic is wonderful, not to mention all the other benefits (EMH, cool pools, customer service, towel animals, etc.)

Thank goodness for free dining this year b/c DH is strictly a numbers man and we'll be on property after all come September! Hopefully after this trip he'll be hooked too, and all my lobbying for a yearly on property trip will pay off
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Staying on site

It is definitely the magic! I love the idea that once you leave the parks, the Disney magic stays with you all the way to your room. It is great hardly having to use your car. It also makes you feel like you are in a different world altogether. I have stayed in Disney without and with my children. It was great staying on property both times I have gone. I know that I would not enjoy the experience as much if I was forced to stay off property. I would have to be forced!
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

There are other places to stay?

I like being close to the parks, the theming and service, and access to transportation if I need it.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Can't think of anything to add. Just have to jump in on how wonderful it is being immersed in the experience, the convenience of everything, and if the kids get exhausted halfway through the day and we have to go back to the hotel, we're still in Disney and love being in the pool, looking in the gift shop, getting a pizza from the food court, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to being in the Disney bubble, there are some little perks that make your stay easier. I love being able to charge to my room or use the DP so I don't have to carry a purse. Being able to have bags sent to my resort is also great. We normally stay at the Contemporary (and now we own at BLT) so having the monorail at my door is lovely too.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: