Quantcast How good is Fantasmic!'s priority seating?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question How good is Fantasmic!'s priority seating?

Is the view really better in the priority seating area for Fantasmic!? It'll just be my 9-yr-old and me, and I can't sit on the ground long, or stand forever trying to save a place for viewing. (Back surgery a few years ago.) I was thinking of springing the big bucks for priority seating. Where is it located? What do you think? Thanks!

Mom of Pixie Hollow fan

Planned:
    DLR June 3-9 1st trip for youngest
    First time at DLH

Past:
    1998 DL oldest's 1st trip
    1983 DL Spring break!
    1970 DL Flying Tink was magical

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I did it in March and it was great. The dessert box is really yummy too ... it's worth not having to sit for 2 hours to get a good spot!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Default How does it work?

It's hard to find info on exactly what priority seating/dessert buffet is and how it works. All I know is to call 30 days before to make reservations at 714-781-4400.

Mom of Pixie Hollow fan

Planned:
    First time at DLH

Past:
    1983 DL Spring break!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a dessert buffet anymore, everyone gets a dessert box with more food than anyone in our group could finish. The seating is located on the left of center right in front of the Cafe Orleans in NOS. The chairs are right in front of the fence on the Rivers of America.

You line up about 7pm to get your seats reserved (seating is assigned depending on your place in line, so we did get there a little early to ensure front row seatng, and there was already lots of people waiting!), then you show up right before your show. When you check in at showtime, the CMs give everyone a dessert box and you take your assigned seats. They also provide drinks, water, soft drinks, coffee and hot chocolate.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of this before, can you provide a link with more information on it?
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

I also would love more info on this.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofMickey View Post
    I have never heard of this before, can you provide a link with more information on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    I also would love more info on this.
    There are several link in DLR Theme Parks if you search "Fantasmic Priority Seating" you will find them.

You can make reservations by calling 714-781-4400 30 day prior, and seats sell like hotcakes. I believe it's $59 per adult.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help. I did some more checking and here’s what I’ve found:

Fantasmic! Premium Seating (padded folding chair, dessert box, beverages) on the left side of the 1st terrace along the river, near the Haunted Mansion. CMs serve coffee-sodas-hot chocolate-water before show. You're encouraged to stay in your seats after 1st show to see 9:25 fireworks while crowds dissipate. Actual seats chosen by first come/first served at check-in podium.

Cost: Adults/kids 10 and up: $59. Kids age 3-9: $49. Kids 2 & under: Free, but no seat (sit on your lap)

Reservations: One month ahead, call (714) 781-4400 beginning at 8 am Pacific Time to buy tickets. (Call May 15 for June 15 show--9 pm peak season shows can sell out.) Credit card is charged at time of booking. Tix are non-refundable, can’t be transferred to other dates or times.

Show Day: Pick up tix at Guest Services before they close (left of DL entrance).

Check-in: Have one person in your party take all tix to the check-in podium. Official check-in time for both 9 & 10:30 shows is 7 pm, but the line forms earlier. Someone checked at 6:15 and there were a handful of people in line already.Someone else said they wandered by at 5:45 pm when the podium was being set up and the CM let them check in then. You’re assigned your seats, then you go off to do other things, and return ½ hour before the show.

Choosing seats: The seats are located between two of the water screens, and depending on your exact seats, light poles may partially obstruct your view. The wrought iron rail in front can be hard for short people to see over, but CMs keep the area clear, so your view won’t be blocked by people standing in front. All the chairs are on the same level so unless you’re tall, get the front row.

Seating: Return to podium with everyone in your group ½ hour before the show. Seating goes in order of the list from check-in. If you’re not there, they take the next on the list.

I found a few pix of the area, but I'm new to this forum stuff and don't know how to put a pix here yet.

Mom of Pixie Hollow fan

Planned:
    First time at DLH

Past:
    1983 DL Spring break!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Mulan* View Post
    Thanks for your help. I did some more checking and here’s what I’ve found:

Fantasmic! Premium Seating (padded folding chair, dessert box, beverages) on the left side of the 1st terrace along the river, near the Haunted Mansion. CMs serve coffee-sodas-hot chocolate-water before show. You're encouraged to stay in your seats after 1st show to see 9:25 fireworks while crowds dissipate. Actual seats chosen by first come/first served at check-in podium.

Cost: Adults/kids 10 and up: $59. Kids age 3-9: $49. Kids 2 & under: Free, but no seat (sit on your lap)

Reservations: One month ahead, call (714) 781-4400 beginning at 8 am Pacific Time to buy tickets. (Call May 15 for June 15 show--9 pm peak season shows can sell out.) Credit card is charged at time of booking. Tix are non-refundable, can’t be transferred to other dates or times.

Show Day: Pick up tix at Guest Services before they close (left of DL entrance).

Check-in: Have one person in your party take all tix to the check-in podium. Official check-in time for both 9 & 10:30 shows is 7 pm, but the line forms earlier. Someone checked at 6:15 and there were a handful of people in line already.Someone else said they wandered by at 5:45 pm when the podium was being set up and the CM let them check in then. You’re assigned your seats, then you go off to do other things, and return ½ hour before the show.

Choosing seats: The seats are located between two of the water screens, and depending on your exact seats, light poles may partially obstruct your view. The wrought iron rail in front can be hard for short people to see over, but CMs keep the area clear, so your view won’t be blocked by people standing in front. All the chairs are on the same level so unless you’re tall, get the front row.

Seating: Return to podium with everyone in your group ½ hour before the show. Seating goes in order of the list from check-in. If you’re not there, they take the next on the list.

I found a few pix of the area, but I'm new to this forum stuff and don't know how to put a pix here yet.
    Moderators can post pics. If you would like to send them to me via email send me a PM and I will get you an email address. Thanks for the exact info, I scoured the Disney site and couldn't find it.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

I never knew you were supposed to 'check in' in advance! Now I know why we were always in the back!!! Thanks for the info.

I highly recommend the priority seating for Fantasmic! The goodies are always so delicious and as I said, we were always in the back (because I'm a goof and didn't know to get the good seats early), but the viewing is amazing even from the back. It is something your 9 year-old will always remember and it makes you feel so special. The hot cocoa is especially yummy.

2000 - Infinity: DLR Premium Annual Passholder
    Sixty minutes from my front door to Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so bummed... Fantasmic! won't be playing during our June 3-9 trip. It starts up June 12th. It was the only time that fit our schedule, so I guess this leaves something to look forward to next time. We'll have to settle for just the fireworks this trip.

Mom of Pixie Hollow fan

Planned:
    First time at DLH

Past:
    1983 DL Spring break!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: