Quantcast ID for Kids

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: ID for Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default ID for Kids

On my upcoming trip, I am bringing my niece who is 9 yrs old but looks older. She is tall for her age. Should I bring ID for proof of this. I am thinking since I purchased dining plan and tickets as a child and I do not have proof that I would have repurchase the tickets. What should I do?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have extremely tall children (My oldest DS was 5 1/2 feet tall at age 9, and the youngest was 40" at age 2)), and I have NEVER EVER been questionned about their age. That said, I always have some kind of ID for them on me.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

We would consider our family to be tall and have never been question about ages in WDW. But to be safe, ID would probably be good. Good luck!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Many people have posted on Intercot that WDW takes your word for your child's age. But personally, I would bring a copy of her birth certificate as well as notarized forms from her parents giving her permission to be with me and power of attorney for any necessary medical decisions.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

We took our DS last year when he was two (he turned three during the trip). He is very tall for his age (42" when we went), so we brought a birth certificate with us just in case. While a few CM's looked at him closely when he entered the park without a ticket, noone required us to show the birth certificate.

I suspect noone at Disney would risk upsetting a guest by requiring you to prove age, but it is probably a good idea to have a photocopy of the birth certificate just in case.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I am taking my 2 neices in August ages 7 & 8. I have a temporary guardianship for my neices for the dates of our travel in case of emergency or proof that they belong w/me. This was suggested by my brothers attorney since he is a single dad and the attorney wrote up the temp guardianship so its legit. Also remember to take your neices insurance card just in case she would need medical attention.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: