Actually this would be a very sound business decision. The amphlitheatre used for this show is dedicated for this show and as such is only used a small portion of any park day. This real estate is valuable and is under utilized. If Disney opened a singnature ride attraction that drew crowds and allowed visitors to enjoy the attraction all day they would be much further ahead.

Changing the signature fireworks show to a wishes-like attraction would disperse the crowds and smooth the foot traffic. Think about wishes, the guests are directly adjacent to main street shops were they might be tempted to shop before and after the wishes show. This places people near food and shopping venues where they are prone to drop cash.

Also, since Hollywood Studio has a dedicated back stage area that could be used as a lauch site for the fireworks show and buildings for lasers, HS could make a really great show with viewing opportunities from many locations of the parks.

Don't get me wrong I love Fantasmic, but from a business model there are better fits to the night time spectacular that could leverage more profits and please park guests with entertainment and improved foot traffic and less congestion.

As a tangent it has always irritated my family that the HTH, RNR and Fantasmic caused a perfect storm of chaos in that tiny area of the park during evening hours.