Quantcast interesting rumor - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Always interesting to see how different our tastes are on here, as I'd watch Fantasmic! 10x over Illuminations. The current version of Illuminations is a total snoozefest to me.
    I agree that Illuminations needs an upgrade. I saw Wishes for the first time and thought it was great. Familiarity breeds boredom, however. They need to poll their guests to see which shows need to be revamped.
    Just Jill.......

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    I agree that Illuminations needs an upgrade. I saw Wishes for the first time and thought it was great. Familiarity breeds boredom, however. They need to poll their guests to see which shows need to be revamped.
    No, they do not need to poll their guests because their polls are fixed anyway...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

once, in a stampede to get out of the theatre i was knocked down and stepped on multiple times before someone was kind enough to keep people away and help me up.... and it wasn't the cast member standing a foot or so away.
    once there was a princess who never let her imagination stop her from dreaming up scenes and stories as she walked around the park.
    so if you ever see someone talking to herself, that would be me.

Celestria
    p.s. i may be a disney fan, but i can't spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    No, they do not need to poll their guests because their polls are fixed anyway...
    Exactly! Disney can take a poll asking if guests want to pay more or pay less for park tickets and some how the poll would come out with guests expressing an interest in paying more for a ticket
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Exactly! Disney can take a poll asking if guests want to pay more or pay less for park tickets and some how the poll would come out with guests expressing an interest in paying more for a ticket
    Yep, totally skewered to get the results they want.. I refuse to take their surveys, and when I do, I purposely give them an answer they don't want to hear...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    They're not the only ones that feel that way.

Personally, I find Fantasmic the most overrated, boring, pointless half hour I've ever spent in my entire life.

I haven't bothered seeing it years and would be thrilled if they dumped it and put something in that space that was even moderately enjoyable.
    I agree. My DW and I did the Fantasmic Dinner Package for an anniversary trip and saw the show. We were disappointed....maybe because we had seen the DL version previously, which we thought was really good.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Plus, the hat isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Just to add to the hearsay and speculation fun here...Screamscape just reported today that at a recent Q&A panel at DHS, which featured a few of the imagineers who were responsible for the original design of DHS, held as part of the 20th anny celebrations, they imagineers mentioned the hat once or twice. One time they even hinted that the hat could at some point be going away by saying that you used to be able to get a great view down Hollywood blvd of the Chinese theater, but that you can't get that view anymore because of the hat, but that sometime in the future you may be able to get the view again.

This comment was followed by applause from the audience, which was followed by laughter from the imagineers who are obviously aware of fans' opinions of the hat. Everytime after that, when they were asked about the hat, they would just kind of smile and laugh off the question.

Could be that the hat is in the works to go bye bye? Whooooo knowwwws!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I hope so. I hate that God-awful thing. It completely ruined the look and feel of the entrance area of the park.

Not to mention that it's just plain tacky looking.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they could move the hat to where Sounds Dangerous is now....It's about the only place I can think of that would be improved by being demolished and having a pointless, misguided attempt at a park icon added.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    Maybe they could move the hat to where Sounds Dangerous is now....It's about the only place I can think of that would be improved by being demolished and having a pointless, misguided attempt at a park icon added.
    Well, I agree with half of your statement. I actaully like the hat, but I loathe Sounds Dangerous.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if the hat goes away... Maybe move it to the front of the park... Can't put in in the back because of the Earful Tower as well as Carsland maybe taking up the Backlot Tour area..

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the topic..

I think they made a huge mistake trying to copy Fantasmic in an amphitheater. It was great in Disneyland because of the way it was set up on the Island. You can't get that same atmosphere in it's current setting in DHS. I was so excited when they brought it to WDW having seen it in Disneyland (I never miss it when I'm there and even try to see it twice) only to be hugely disappointed. I suppose if you haven't seen the Western version, you'd have nothing to compare it to and may enjoy it more.

Although, I will admit, the crowds in Disneyland can also get scary when it ends.. unless you happen to be watching from a balcony.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they can hire NASA to come in and fit the Hat with a few Saturn V rocket engines and send it directly towards the Sun.

As for Fantasmic from the balcony at DL best money I ever spent beating the crowds and enjoying some great desserts while watching the show. Of course they could have trimmed the tree in front of the balcony for what they were charging . Too bad the balcony viewing is now gone
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    My opinion comes from someone who has seen it twice. Both times with no wait and not crowded and no kids. Boring. I will never see it again, crowded or not, unless I was with my nieces and they wanted me to take them.

As far putting attractions into that area. Why not? DHS is already completely discombobulated and laid out horribly. Can't make it much worse than it already is.
    For whatever reason, I agree. I have seen F! plenty of times and every time I hope, I pray, that I'll be like "WOW", but usually I am like "its cool, but not worth the wait"
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with many other post. Fantasmic should go. I have only seen the show once and it was ok not really "Fantasmic".

A previous post made the point that this is a large piece of land utilized for one purpose a couple of times a week. WDW would be way ahead to develop this area into a ride and shops that could be used all the time. They would bring in more money and free up some space. I have always felt that HS is one of the most poorly designed parks, and I realize it was originally designed to be a half day park. But having Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror both at basically the same exact place in the park creates such a head ache with mobs of people.

Perhaps if they created a side street with a new attraction replacing Fantasmic and some places to eat and shop that would relieve some of the pressure at the end of Sunset Blvd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    As for Fantasmic from the balcony at DL best money I ever spent beating the crowds and enjoying some great desserts while watching the show. Of course they could have trimmed the tree in front of the balcony for what they were charging . Too bad the balcony viewing is now gone
    Heh, you can still see it from the balcony of Club33.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I would like to see them update their fireworks shows from time to time. It's too bad we can't "vote" for our favorites
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I refuse to belive this
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree that getting rid of fantasmic would be a ncie change. I personally don't like having to wait in line sooooo early for a show. Kids get very antsy and it is not like you can have someone wait for all of you. It feels like herding cattle... A new experience would be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen Fantasmic...am I missing out?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: