Quantcast Best Deluxe or Deluxe Villa for Couples w/o kids? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to go with Poly. We stayed there on our honeymoon. Tahiti is also my choice. We had a first floor room so we would walk out onto the beach toview the fireworks, etc.

We recently stayed at the Contemporary with a magic kingdom view for our 10 year ( w/o the kids). Also really nice, but I still say Poly.
    Future Trips 11/15 BLT, 2/16 AKV,Poly/DCL, 4/16 AKV/DCL, 7/16 OKW

AP Holder
    DVC - OKW, AKV, HHI, BLT & VGF

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDINK View Post
    My wife and I are planning an Oct trip to WDW and we were wondering what the board thinks is the best resort for couples visiting without children. (Like my screen name doesn't give that away...) If you could also suggest room types that would be helpful. (ie Concierge, upgrades, floor, building, etc.)

Poly? GF? CR? SS and ALK always show up for a good price.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    My apologies for joining the party so late.

We are similar to you with D.I.N.K. We are in our late 40’s to early 50’s, have been regular visitors to WDW since ’95 and have stayed at most Disney resorts. (See signature below)

Since you are going in October I would recommend any of the EPCOT area hotels for the following reasons.

EPCOT’S Food & Wine festival with all of the added food tasting kiosks around World Showcase, the wine tasting seminars and the cooking demo’s. There are also special restaurant dinners and parties offered during this time at additional costs. I highly recommend the”Party for the Senses” they have each Saturday night during the festival. It is expensive but I have never felt that I didn’t get my money’s worth from the event. I believe they usually sell out, so advance tickets would be a priority.

In October EPCOT will be the park open the latest during the weekday evenings with the possible exception of an EMH or a MNSSHP party at the MK. We always seem to find ourselves at EPCOT in the evening for this reason, and the ability to make a short walk back to our hotel after Illuminations as opposed to waiting for a bus, boat or monorail is worth the price of the hotel alone.

The plethora of good restaurants in the area. With all of the restaurants in World Showcase to all the restaurants at the hotels (including the Swan & Dolphin) you will have more options than you will know what to do with.

Hollywood Studios is a boat ride or short to medium walk away depending on which hotel you are staying at. Can you say RNRC and TOT in the morning and wine tasting in the afternoon? I can!

Entertainment on the Boardwalk in the evenings with traveling entertainers outside from 6:00 to 11:00 PM I believe, to Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance until 2:00 AM I think. Never been to either, past my bed time don’t cha know. Plus the Wyland gallery is fun to browse through once in awhile.

What ever you choose or have chosen, have great time and maybe we will see you there. We will be attending Oct. 24 through Nov. 1
    CR 8/73 12/09
    Poly 8/73
    ASMu 3/95
    Offsite 4/97
    Swan 12/99 1/00 12/02 11/03 5/07
    Royal Plaza 4/01
    OKW 11/02 4/03
    BWV 12/02 10/03 11/04 5/05 10/05 11/06 5/07 10/07 11/08 10/09 10/10 11/11 12/11
    GF 5/05
    Pop 6/05
    AKL 9/05 5/09
    BCV 11/05
    CBR 12/06
    ASSP 5/09
    BWI 12/09
    SSR 5/10
    YC 12/10

Post Thanks / Like

GF or Poly either would be fabulous choices.
    Poly is very romantic and quiet in spots but
    anywhere near Ohanas or the volcano pool it gets pretty noisy. Still-- it is very lovely and assume you're not looking for a totally kid-free zone or you'd choose another destination.
    My DH and I also think that a king room with a park view at Dolphin would be a pretty nice romantic getaway. The heavenly beds are so comfy. And no, the Swan/Dolphin are not quite as saturated in Disney but if you can see a Disney park from your window/balcony that adds a lot to the wow factor for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Again!

I was just reading the latest round of posts. There are a lot of good suggestinons here!

I'm leaning toward the Poly or WL now. I've stayed at the GF and BW and I preferred the GF for the pool, views and monorail access. The YC sounds nice too, but only club level is available.

I noticed they announced specials in mid August last year. I'll probably wait until then to book.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

I travel solo and I love WL more so then the Poly. If your looking for romance then do the Poly otherwise I choose WL. It really depends on what you like. All the resorts have kids. The valueS are more loaded with kids because of cost more then anything. GF is way over priced and not worth it unless you plan to live in the room. Poly and WL have great food options for you as well not to mention as stated above a quck boat ride to CR or FW.
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for the poly.

Monorail. MK.
    Monorail to epcot.
    buses everywhere else.

The grounds at night are awesome. I enjoyed watching wishes from the beach, and also the electric water parade.

I have never stayed at club level, but I hear it is nice.
    good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the Beach Club although Ive never tried any of the MK resorts besides Fort Wilderness, I like the short walks to Epcot, DHS, and Boardwalk for nightlife.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

How about a boardwalk deluxe room, you get concierge service and get a boardwalk view. You get an amazing view of spaceship earth.
    Tracy ºOº

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: