Quantcast All Star Resorts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All Star Resorts

Ok, I have been reading reviews that the All Star Resorts are not as clean as the other resorts. I just booked the Movies for October. Can anyone tell me if this is true. I know they are the cheaper hotels and I have stayed many times, BUT I also know they can be a little less kept by Mouse cleaning... Please be honest when answering me. I will be gald to change resorts, but my little guy has wanted to stay there(movies) for a while now. I would hate to get there and then have to leave... I havent been to the resorts in about two years and the AllStars about 4 years , so im new again ..lol..

thank you
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All Stars

Never had a problem.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm not as picky as some, but I've stayed in all 4 value resorts and have found all of them to be equally satisfactory. Never had a problem with cleanliness or anything else.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all of them too, I just read some bad reviews today..so i was wondering. I think im just going to stick to my plan and stay at the movies
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Maybe I'm not as picky as some, but I've stayed in all 4 value resorts and have found all of them to be equally satisfactory. Never had a problem with cleanliness or anything else.
    Me too!! Multiple times!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have also stayed at all four values and never had a problem with cleanliness. Some people can't be pleased. I always take that into consideration when reading hotel reviews. I love the themeing of movies and it is my favorite all star. I don't like the bus situation at all stars. The movies is the last pick up and is usually full by the time it gets there. Because of the buses I would stay at Pop or drive to the park.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

It was never really a problem for us, but it's been a few years now since we've stayed at All-Star Movies.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all 4 values also and have never had a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all but the movies and have never had a problem. I really enjoy the values.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

the only problem i have ever heard of is a friend of mine stayed at the all-star movie...and when he got to his room, the rug was damp, it was smelly, and there was a fan going on...pretty obvious that room was not suppose to be given to him yet...he went back to the desk and they gave him a new room, problem solved....
    i've stayed in 3 out of the 4 and loved them.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I wasn't fond of the small rooms, it was always clean. And the kids didn't care as long as they got to see Pongo each morning.

The only problem I ever had with cleanliness was POR. It was pretty dirty under the bed. Other than that, everything has been great at disney resorts.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a problem with dirty rooms at any of the resorts I've stayed, which are mainly the All Stars. Glad of it, and hope it continues that way!
    ºOº Dianne ºOº

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We normally stay at Pop Century and we found that it has been cleaner, as a rule, than the Studio room we had at BWV this past January.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed in all 4 and found them to be excellent. However, we have found that music seems to be just a little better...not that there was anything wrong with the others...we end up comparing other places to the value resorts...like when we go to the jersey shore and pay twice what we pay in disney and for a terrible room...so those are my expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

I can give you my experience and the experience of friends who went last week (It may be my report on cleanliness that you are referring to by the way)....

We recommended the All Stars because we have stayed there and never had a problem (last stay 2003) and always found them to be clean....

My friends recently returned and were supposed to stay at All Star Movies...there was mildew on the walls and ceilings, dirty bed spreads, lots of hair in the tub and the AC was broken....they decided to upgrade to a deluxe because they were afraid of being moved and still having problems...I'm guessing that they just were unfortunate enough to get a bad mousekeeper and a room in need of rehab/if it had been me, I would have gotten moved into another room or requested mousekeeping come clean again.....

We stayed at Pop in December which is a value and the mousekeeping was excellent...that's why I asked if anyone else had problems recently to see if it was a random problem or a resort problem.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We've never had a problem with room cleanliness at any of the All-stars (thou we did have some maintenance issues once with a bathroom at Movies...in fact our only poorly cleaned room was at a mod--CB)....don't stress too much over an occasional "we had a problem" report from a resort...remember what you get online is not a random poll of anything, but anecdotal accounts of indivdual experiences--- and given that folks are far more likely to report on negative experiences than positive ones , it can sometimes make a situation look far worse than it actually is.

Disney typically does a good job of cleaning in ALL their resorts(and we've stayed in several). That is not to say that a mousekeeper isn't occasionally a bit sloppy, or careless...or even that they might get a "bad (or poorly motivated) egg" on staff once in a while(which might lead to several incident reports at one resort)...but simply that you could get a "mousekeeper's bad day room" at any resort (not just the All-Stars). However, chances are great that you won't...at any resort. so if "movies" is what your child has their heart set on...go and enjoy.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a bad day every once in awhile, even I am sure mousekeepers have a bad day. But we have stayed at all four value resorts and have never had a problem. And in fact these value resorts have sort of spoiled us from any other hotels anywhere because of their cleanliness, rooms and grounds included.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

W have stayed at all 4 of the value resorts and have never had a problem with room cleanliness. The only thing we noticed that some of the All Star resorts needed a sprucing up. This was three years ago so I am pretty sure these issues have been addressed by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a problem at any of the values!!!
    WHEN HINGES CREAK IN DOORLESS CHAMBERS, WHEN STRANGE AND FRIGHTENING SOUNDS ECHO THROUGH THE HALLS, WHENEVER CANDLE LIGHTS FLICKER WHERE THE AIR IS DEATHLY STILL, THAT IS THE TIME WHEN GHOSTS ARE PRESENT, PRACTICING THEIR TERROR WITH GOOLISH DELIGHT!

Post Thanks / Like

Until last year, we only stayed at values and never had a problem. The thing is, you onyl really hear the bad stuff, and not the millions of good experiences. I know that people have had bad experiences in moderates and deluxes, too. I think Disney does a pretty good job of keeping things clean and running well, and they are really good at responding to problems that inevitably happen in a resort that big.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: