Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but are you saying that humans do not matter more than animals? There is nothing fundamentally wrong with putting people before animals, that is the way it should be.

And for the record, I love animals and own a wonderful, loving Pitbull.
Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
I agree! I admit I was really bothered by the original statement on this. In general, there is no way would I ever put an animal's life above a human life.
I personally think that maybe the way you are talking about this situation is incorrect. Nobody has said that animal life is more important than a human life. I think the big picture here is that an animal life IS worth far more than a job! Let him work at McDonald's for minimum wage, stock shelves at the supermarket but why reward him and give him back a high profile job making millions of dollars??? Because he's sorry? The convinience store, the hospital and even the candle factory where I used to work wouldn't hire folks who had a violent felony in their past, just because it didn't involve a human doesn't mean it wasn't violent. But that's just my