Quantcast What would you suggest for Pop Century?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you suggest for Pop Century?

We have never stayed here but are thinking of an overnight stay next year. We've never even visted the resort. So my questions are:

1. What is your favorite area to stay in (buliding/theming)
    2. What do you like to do at the resort

Thanks!
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am getting ready for my third stay at the Pop. I absolutely love it! My first visit I stayed in the 70's area and it was great. Very close to the main lobby, food court, busses, etc.
    My second visit I stayed in the 50's and it was amazig, they were about equally as close, but you would come up the the main door from the 50's instead of the back side of the food court/lobby from the 70's. This trip I am requestig a 50's room, just because there are fewer paths to take (less opportunities for my guide dog to try out a new route! My first visit I was still sighted, the second I was blind for) and it is very straight forawrd to get there.
    I have always traveled with family that sleeps in later than myself and my dog and since she can get a little rowdy/noisy int he mornings (it's her FAVORITE time of day, because she knows breakfast is coming!) I would always go out to the lobby with her and a knitting project. I liked to sit in the little room on the back wall of the lobby that had comfy (I think it was designed for kids, but I found it comfy) seating and a continuous loop of old mickey/donald/pluto/etc cartoons on.
    I have never checked out the pools there...I've heard people talking about how much their kids like the hippy dippy pool, but I'm personally not much of a swimmer.
    They were teaching some sort of dancing in the lobby everyday (at like 2? I don't remember exactly) it was some kind of --I just don't remember, like the "jitter bug" or "two-step" or something (it wasn;t ballroom or ballet! I honestly don;t remember).
    I found the staff VERY accomidating and helpful! After my first morning coming in early to the lobby just to hang out, every other morning various staff members greeted me by name! One even brought a new chew toy for Jolene! It just made me feel really special, like I belonged there, or was a princess or something.
    I also really like the variety available at the food court. The options I think are almost overwhelming! I have not had something I did not like there, but then again, I'm not that fussy.
    There are lots of paths around to walk on, and a pond/lake/whatever near the rear parking for the 70's where you can walk along the water, see rabbits, birds, etc. There are also signs posted like a timeline with interesting tidbits of information (I don't remember anymore any examples, but it was funto walk around and read the signs).
    Anyway, I do really like this resort! The two things that I would prefer to be different (but still can't complain) is that I would like it to have a hot tub and be connected to the monorail (hey, I can dream!). Other than those details, this really is my favorite resort (and you can't complain about the price!).
    I'll be on my way to Pop this late Aug, I can't wait to go back!
    Megan and four-footed Jolene "JoJo"

DL October 2004- Offsite
    WDW October 2006 - Pop Century 70's
    DCL Magic November 2008
    WDW November 2008 - Pop Century 50's
    WDW Birthday trip!!!! Aug 2009 WoooHOO!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the 60's section and it was a good location, close to pool and food court, but it was a little loud so that's something to consider when deciding how close to the activity you want to be. I really enjoyed all the displays in the check in area. We almost overlooked them, but I'm glad we didn't because we had a lot of fun reminiscing about all the stuff from decades gone by.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Theming is not drastically different. The icons at each of the years is different. As for location, it only depends on how far away from the main lobby, parking lot, main pool you want to be. It is more preference than anything.

I love the resort. For the amount of time I stay in a room, this is perfect. I will probably be making a move to CSR due to the queen beds in the future. I stayed at a deluxe and simply do not feel like I get my money's worth out of it. They are nice and everything. I just don't spend enough hours at the resort.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked for our third stay in Pop Century and absolutley love it. I have always requested a preferred room for $10 extra a night, ground floor, pool facing. I wanted to ensure we were close to the pool and the food court and this has always been the case. The staff at check in has always gone out of their way to make sure we liked our room location. I never found it too noisy at night, security promptly asks people to leave the pool area when it closes. The food court is cheery and bright, excellent breakfasts. All the pools are fun, Hippy Dippy (the flower pool) is our favorite. Twice a day in the lobby they do dances. I believe it is the hustle. The music is always playing it sounds and looks like my idea of fun with the Disney flair in the mix. At night we enjoyed a drink from Petals Pool Bar while we sat at the tables by the pool right outside our room. It is also interesting to look accross the lake and see the Pop Century that they never completed. I would definitely give it a try. I have been at 4 different resorts, this is my favorite. Good Luck deciding!!
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in building 10/ 70's preferred-It was a short walk to the buses and food court.

Have fun

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed there last week and I am sorry to say, I did not like it at all. We were stuck out in the 90's building...long walk...

Post Thanks / Like

A quick clarification, the preferred room is the 60's building.
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: