Quantcast Baby Care Centers- use them or lose them?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How often do/did you use the baby care centers?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never used them.

10 14.29%
  • I went to one if it was close by.

18 25.71%
  • I would make a trip across the park to use one.

42 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby Care Centers- use them or lose them?

We are leaving in 44 days for my son's 1st trip to Disney. He will be 6 months old. I am wondering how useful people find the baby care centers. I had envisioned myself using them when I was nursing, but had to stop for several reasons, so I won't need them for that. What all do they have in them?

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of ours was just in DW for 2 weeks in May. She used them every day. It was a nice place to relax and feed the baby. She also used it as a place to get out of the heat and let the baby sleep for awhile. She said they were clean and wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

We were in Epcot and MK in April of 2008 and our son was 6 months old at the time. We discovered the baby center on map and checked it out. Thank God we did!!!! They have changing tables that were great and very clean... Also has high chairs for feeding children and private room for nursing mothers.....

The air conditioning is great for the young ones to take a break from the heat and the crowds.. They also sell baby supplies in case you run out or forgot it back at your room!
    DVC Members since 2006!
    Home Resorts SSR and AKV!

Post Thanks / Like

On my DS's (now 14 months) first trip in February, we made lots of use of the baby care centers. First of all I am a germaphobe and the changing tables with the paper disposable covers were wonderful. Unfortunately, we had to make use of these quite frequently as DS got sick while we were down there and made big messes that required a full clothes change as well if you know what I mean lol. It was also quite convenient that my DH was able to come in with me to help out, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. We also met lots of other people with children our DS's age and shared some fun stories. The only slightly annoying point is that you are unable to take your stroller into the care center and have to park it outside.
    We will definitely be making use of these centers on our next trip in 22 days! that this time DS will be able to enjoy the trip and we won't need to stay in the room. Thank god for the giraffes at the AKV!

Post Thanks / Like

I used them two years ago and they were great! You could warm the bottles there, nurse, change diapers or just let the kids relax for a bit. I would recommend using them with a baby that young.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We love the baby centers and would cross the park to get to one instead of using the changing tables in the restrooms. My DS is 3 this trip (we leave tomorrow... ) and I'm hoping that if I need to change his clothes because we don't make it to the potty in time they will still let me use the baby center. It is just so quiet, cool and clean. Just the thing a baby needs sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

I replied to your poll as I used one if it was close by, but I will say that I never had trouble finding one. They are clean, but I always buy those Pampers brand changing pads(they are disposable). I am a bit of a germaphobe. Good luck! We are taking our 1 year old in September.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that Baby Stations were great on my last trip. I have taken DD to WDW twice now (she's 11 months). The first time we were traveling with family and I didn't really investigate these, and just used the bathrooms for changes, which were fine.

Last trip, I decided to take advantage of the Baby Stations. It was a nice, cool, relaxing atmosphere. I loved the fact that I could clean DD's bottles and then use their bottled water to add water to the bottle to be ready for next time. The changing tables were also great, much softer than the ones in the restrooms. It was also a great place to get reorganized and ready to take on the park. I don't think I could spend long periods of time there, but I think that is a personality thing.

Overall, I'm thrilled that these exist and I know that we will continue to use them in the future.
    Erica

'83, '86 - CR
    '89 - GF
    '94, '98 - Poly
    '00, 3/09 - Off site
    '01 - ASM
    '02 - Swan
    5/09 - POR
    10/09 - AKL
    12/09 - GF
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

I've taken DS 2 to the park at age 1 and age 17 months.

We hit the Baby Centers when they were convenient, but didn't walk across the park to get to them.

We mostly fed, diapered and napped on the way. We took our own comfy stroller and that helped with the napping.

The center in Epcot was a life-saver after I lost my diaper bag one day. They gave me a 3 pack of diapers for free (I asked if I could buy some.) and told me to come back if I needed more.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the baby care centers. When we were there with our 7 month old twins. They were great my husband could come in and help change the girls and in the bathrooms there was always a line for the changing table. They are always worth the walk and are usually in a central location.
    They also have little toilets so if your kids are young and new on the potty they are lifesavers.

We would change the girls and feed them and let them cool of in the ac. And if you have older kids with you there is a room with a tv and coloring so they have something to do while you take care of the baby.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Both of my kids were in WDW prior to their first birthday (DD was 4 months old).

We utilized the Baby Care Centers often - and not always for the kids!!! The AC, TV diversion (for elder brother), water cooler, and friendly staff were quite often a Godsent!!!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an age limit for them? Do you have to have a baby? Could my 4 year old and I go in and cool off for a bit?
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Next Trip: Sept. 5-12!!!!
    Celebrating my princess's 5th birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

We were walking by the one at AK and I said to DH "let's check it out" and we did....the place was just lovely (I'm trying to contain my enthusiam....really, really, really a wonderful place!!!). DS#1 watched some cartoons while I changed DS#2 and fed him. I'll say of all the centers we checked out -- this one was the best! The one at MK was a little crazy, but it still had everything you needed/wanted.

Would I cross the park for one -- yes I would and I don't usually say that for ANYTHING! It's really a wonderful place for you to chill (cool off too ), unplug (from all the overstim) and recharge your babies.
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherbie66 View Post
    Is there an age limit for them? Do you have to have a baby? Could my 4 year old and I go in and cool off for a bit?
    Thats what I want to know. My son will be 18months, is that too old? He still wears diapers at that age
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I brought my then 15 month old in to change her diaper once. It was GREAT!! My 4 year old at the time sat and watched a disney movie they had on for the kids. There were books and toys to play with, while my DH changed her.
    They also had a water cooler, formula packets (incase forgotten) diapers etc.
    It was an oasis on a hot day to cool off and relax for 10 minutes.
    I would assume they would frown on people with kids older then 4 or 5 coming in...since they are limited in space they have. But i dont know.
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the previous poster...the one at AK is wonderful...DGD fell asleep in her stroller as soon as we got to the park...we went and they have a huge room with a TV and we let her sleep in the AC in her stroller and since no one was there my DD who was 7 month pregnant stretched out on the couch and rested also...we were there for an hour...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Iteachpc Guest

Loved the baby care center when my kids were little. They are WAY too old now (DS12 & DD17), but I took advantage of them when they were babies. One trip that stands out was a day trip to MK by myself when DD was 7 and DS was 2. It was a great place to rest and relax for a little while with both kids. DD enjoyed watching a movie while I took care of DS. It was great for a me since I was alone with two kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Last time I went my youngest DS was only 7 weeks old, so we took advantage of the baby stations. I do however believe they should put in more than 1 per park. It is kind of a walk if you have a hungry baby. However I did find that the CM's were more than willing to help me find a cool quiet place to feed the baby (that was kind of private).
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

The baby centers are a Godsend. I agree that they need more than one per park, but take advantage of one if you need to. You won't regret it!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I took my daughter in to change her diaper and was totally impressed. The atmosphere is so relaxing. They are equipped with anything you need to take care of your child, highchairs, rockers, changing tables with supplies, to name a few. The staff is very pleasant also.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: